New Year, New Problem

Thread: New Year, New Problem

New Year, New Problem

Hello all,

Well this is my story. I recently had ETO up to 1.40 hotfix running on my windows 7 PC. Then when I selected an Era sometime last week (Era 1 I think) I had a CTD and a message saying I had no authorization to play the sim, an Administrator code kept coming up and I couldn't access anything anymore.

All of my planes, missions, kills, all gone within a matter of minutes of running my sim.

I had to pray really hard to stop from crying. However, I rallied back and installed a vanilla CFS3.

Now its telling me I need administrator passwords to even add aircraft again to the sim as I am emotionally done with trying ETO installations all over again.

It looks as if some lad with bad flying experience must have hacked me and is preventing me from flying free ever again.

I think Ill try another addon like MTO or PTO if I choose to do it , but right now I'm stuck with stock.

Oh joy.

That sounds like a virus version. Not saying u have a bootlegged copy but they do have trojans or are not the full install. There are 2 installs the actual game has a full and a minimal.

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Funny thing is it never did this before until now.

My version of CFS3 is 110 percent legit don't you worry.

I'm flying stock and a few addons I managed to sneak in tonight. I guess its the simple things in life that really make you happy.

I'm learning to fly all the A/C I rarely appreciated before.

Strange...

Sounds more like a new Microsoft Windows security update turned on User Account Control, and it's blocking you from making any "unauthorized" file changes.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    There were some updates to WIN 7-8 that caused lots of problems for CFS3
    KB 3035583
    KB 2952664
    KB3083710
    KB 2952664
    KB 3068708
    Remove these and reboot this should solve this issue..

Those are all related to Microsoft trying to get you to upgrade to Win 10.

There is also KB 3086255 that prevents the CD Check required for the game to run. (It blocks the scrdrv.sys service from ever running)
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0