In case you guys missed it.....RCS B-25 for FSX is out - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In case you guys missed it.....RCS B-25 for FSX is out

I'm loving it. Love the looks of the VC. It works, good textures. I don't mind not having the yoke in there as mostly my eyes aren't fixed on that anyway. For freeware this is outstanding and it's great to have one of those for FSX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

audixaudix

Paintkit

Hi Guys

For those that are interested, I am working on a "mini paintkit" for the B25. Unfortunately it is not possible to make a paintkit for the full aircraft due to the graphics program I use being incompatible with all other commonly used packages, creation techniques for rivets/panel lines (which are not a transparent overlay) and the fact that there are over 50 source files for the external graphics with a total file size of over 1 Gb.

The mini paintkit will allow one to change noseart and aircraft markings on an existing paint-scheme. If those of you that want different paint scehemes, could post a "wish list" of paint schemes you would like, I will see what can be done to bring out a full set of textures with the corresponding 'mini paint-kit'.

With regards to the VC ... the version in the current model was created to allow the different "views" up.left,right, forward up etc. in FS-X, hence the lack of functionality and numerous missing cockpit components. However, I have been working on an updated VC which has all of the missing bits which will hopefully be available at some stage in the future.

The B25 for FS-X is not based on a real aircraft, it does not contain a Norden Bombsight (for those technical purists) and every single graphic/texture for this aircraft was created by me personally - with my input on textures alone now exceeding 8000 hours.

I have never once spoken out about any of the issues that took place in the past and I am not about to start now other than respectfully asking the members of this forum that are making baseless and unfounded claims to please stop. Your claims are in fact levelled at me personally. I have not ever used somebody else's graphics, no matter what any 'independant' enquiry might say ... and I have the source files to prove it.

I am an avid FS fan, I have the greatest respect for the people and equipment of the golden age of aviation. I have put in the time and effort I have, often at great personal cost and sacrifice, along with the other members of the team, to create something that would hopefully be enjoyed and appreciated by others and present a "virtual" tribute to the brave men, women and equipment of that great age.

Steve

Welcome to Sim-Outhouse Steve!
    You guys did a very good job on this bird!

audixaudix
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmike View Post
    Welcome to Sim-Outhouse Steve!
    You guys did a very good job on this bird!
    Thanks Mike

Steve

Didn't quite escape.
    We have been directly asked to let it drop, so I will do so. Let's just leave it as saying the RCS version of the history and the MAAM-SIM version of the history will never agree.

FWIW, under no circumstances am I "bashing" the degree of technical skill that has gone into this model. It does look very nice indeed and I'm glad to hear that the Norden is gone now!

pointy31
    Quote Originally Posted by audixaudix View Post
    Hi Guys

For those that are interested, I am working on a "mini paintkit" for the B25. Unfortunately it is not possible to make a paintkit for the full aircraft due to the graphics program I use being incompatible with all other commonly used packages, creation techniques for rivets/panel lines (which are not a transparent overlay) and the fact that there are over 50 source files for the external graphics with a total file size of over 1 Gb.

The mini paintkit will allow one to change noseart and aircraft markings on an existing paint-scheme. If those of you that want different paint scehemes, could post a "wish list" of paint schemes you would like, I will see what can be done to bring out a full set of textures with the corresponding 'mini paint-kit'.

With regards to the VC ... the version in the current model was created to allow the different "views" up.left,right, forward up etc. in FS-X, hence the lack of functionality and numerous missing cockpit components. However, I have been working on an updated VC which has all of the missing bits which will hopefully be available at some stage in the future.

The B25 for FS-X is not based on a real aircraft, it does not contain a Norden Bombsight (for those technical purists) and every single graphic/texture for this aircraft was created by me personally - with my input on textures alone now exceeding 8000 hours.

I have never once spoken out about any of the issues that took place in the past and I am not about to start now other than respectfully asking the members of this forum that are making baseless and unfounded claims to please stop. Your claims are in fact levelled at me personally. I have not ever used somebody else's graphics, no matter what any 'independant' enquiry might say ... and I have the source files to prove it.

I am an avid FS fan, I have the greatest respect for the people and equipment of the golden age of aviation. I have put in the time and effort I have, often at great personal cost and sacrifice, along with the other members of the team, to create something that would hopefully be enjoyed and appreciated by others and present a "virtual" tribute to the brave men, women and equipment of that great age.

Steve

My choice of schemes is a simple one..."Panchito". This particular aircraft is the subject of Monogram's 1/48 scale B25-J

audixaudix
    Hi IanP

With regards to the Norden bombsight. The Yellow Rose, whether originally manufactured in that configuration, has both a nosegun and a Norden bombsight and was reproduced for FS in the same 'real world' configuration.

I was unaware that the nosegun was not fitted back in the day to aircraft that were kitted out with the norden bombsight. I incorrectly assumed, based on the pics I have of noseguns/norden 'installations' that it was a "standard" configuration.

Steve

Didn't quite escape.
    Regarding the Norden, Steve, the vast majority of B-25s that served during WW2 were not fitted with Norden bombsights - they were only fitted to section lead aircraft and the remainder of the aircraft simply dropped on the command from the lead ship.

Because of the improved defensive capabilities of having a non-fixed MG in the nose (you can't turn the nose to fire on an attacking fighter when flying in formation!), the other aircraft in a section were equipped with pintle-mounted MGs. For some reason, almost every B-25 refurbished back to be a 'warbird' has a Norden, even though most of them were probably not fitted during the war and, as such, the pintle mount guns on them would be completely correct but the guns are usually secured in position so they don't hit the bombsight. It's not an issue that's unique to Yellow Rose, for certain. I've been around a small number of B-25s over the years and seen pictures of many more. The pintle mount MG + Norden combination is far from uncommon in restorations. It's very definitely not a wartime configuration, though.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Steve
    That is why we are all here
    Thank you Sir
    H

Being as how I am probably older than dirt, I have a great respect for those aviators that flew in these wonderful contraptions. When you realize that most were barely in their twenties, they did a great job. And Ian, I hope that there are no hard feelings, there are none from my side of the pond. Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

EgoR64
    :friday:

I'm loving this Aircraft, Fantastic Job !!

Thanks for your Hard Work !!

Many Cheers !! :ernae::ernae:

This aircraft absolutely rocks!! :gossip:
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

SUPERB !! Thanks very much for all your effort and for sharing it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Question: are there any other repaints that will fit this model?

For painters: is there any way to do a "Heavenly Body" repaint - the photo posted above is to die for - of this model or is that too difficult due to so many textures?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

audixaudix

Repaint's

<style></style>
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Question: are there any other repaints that will fit this model?

For painters: is there any way to do a "Heavenly Body" repaint - the photo posted above is to die for - of this model or is that too difficult due to so many textures?

Regarding repaints:

Once I have a complete list of "wish list" paint schemes for the b25, (both from members of this forum and from the many emails being received) it will be announced what the battle plan is.

It is possible to do a repaint for the B25. The many files just makes it impractical to create and provide a "public paintkit". It will take about a month to do a new "paint scheme" once I get started. If I work on more than one paint scheme at the same time it will add perhaps an extra day per extra paint scheme ...so theoretically, I could create a number of paint scheme's in about a month.

If I work on it full time - it is 10-14 days work.

So, I am just waiting a while so a comprehensive list of what people would like can be built up and it will be taken from there.

Steve

<style></style>

Regarding repaints:

Once I have a complete list of "wish list" paint schemes for the b25, (both from members of this forum and from the many emails being received) it will be announced what the battle plan is.

It is possible to do a repaint for the B25. The many files just makes it impractical to create and provide a "public paintkit". It will take about a month to do a new "paint scheme" once I get started. If I work on more than one paint scheme at the same time it will add perhaps an extra day per extra paint scheme ...so theoretically, I could create a number of paint scheme's in about a month.

If I work on it full time - it is 10-14 days work.

So, I am just waiting a while so a comprehensive list of what people would like can be built up and it will be taken from there.

Steve
    Steve,

I for one will appreciate any repaints you may do.

Thanks.

-G-

BTW....is it possible to have bump mapping on this?

Thanks very much Steve. They will be worth waiting for and appreciate the effort.

Expat

A wonderful freeware aircraft!!!

No offense to our allies, the Brits and the RAF, but any US repaint would be greatly appreciated by me!

audixaudix
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Steve,

I for one will appreciate any repaints you may do.

Thanks.

-G-

BTW....is it possible to have bump mapping on this?

Hi -G- :-)

With regards to the bump mapping etc. ... it is not possible with the current model ... HOWEVER ... IF there is enough interest from people, I will consider making the changes needed and doing an FS-X "native" model with all of the bells and whistles.

Steve

Didn't quite escape.
    I really don't think you'll have any problem rustling up the support for an FSX-native version, Steve.

audixaudix
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I really don't think you'll have any problem rustling up the support for an FSX-native version, Steve.

That's what I'm afraid of

Steve

MCDesigns
    That's what I'm afraid of

Steve
    Hey, you offered!:d

"raises hand for native FSX bird!":amen:

audixaudix
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Hey, you offered!:d

"raises hand for native FSX bird!":amen:
    IT HAS STARTED :help:

[Thinks Aloud] ... now where is that damn "delete post" button ???? [/Thinks Aloud]

Steve

Really a stunning model

A big "Thank you" for giving it to us!

Huub

tigisfat
    The outside of this aircraft is just gorgeous. The lack of VC detail is just fine because it's free and looks this good.