Adjusting gun sight

Thread: Adjusting gun sight

Adjusting gun sight

Happy new year to everybody
    I am very new at cfs3 and I just installed ETO and flow my Hurricane against german intruders,when firing my guns,the bullets was far away from the center of the cross of the gun sight, I know to adjust it in cfs2 but not here,can anyone assist an amateuer??
    Killer Svend

Are you using TrackIR?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sorry, can't tell, I do simply not know what it is, as I said, I am completely new in cfs3 and found out that cfs2 and cfs3 are two completely different
    worlds where nothing learnt in cfs 2 can be used, secondly I am hopeless with computers in general.
    Killer Svend

WE NEED MORE INFORMATION TO HELP YOU.

Are you talking about the gun sight in the cockpit view, or the sight in the no cockpit view?

If you are talking about the sight in cockpit, you can change the convergence (where the bullets cross) in the game under each aircraft. Like in a quick mission.

I am not sure, but the sight with no cockpit view, can be moved by clicking on the sight and holding the key down to move it. Like I said I am not sure on this.

Let us know what your problem is

I am speaking about no-cockpit view.
    Killer Sveend

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Svend View Post
    I am speaking about no-cockpit view.
    Killer Sveend
    That's the HUD view.

Put your mouse cursor on the gunsight, click and hold, dragging the gunsight reticle to where you want it.

It will likely now be off the mark for other aircraft, but simply click, hold, and drag again.

NOTE: Also to place the gunsight back to default position, go to Your name/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 (or whatever the name of the affected install is) and delete the ViewUI.xml fike from there. You will then have to reset some things in your game, but this is easy.

Hope this helps.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Sorry for bothering you all, I found out myself few minutes ago, but thank you for your effort it was easyer than I could even think about. but to keep you buyssy I will now open a new thread.
    Killer Svend

I had a similar problem with an Me 262 in ETO (fixed in a later version). Someone pointed me to the file, I think the .xpd file, where I could adjust the gunsite but I can't find the thread now. It was not a difficult fix though and didn't affect other aircraft.

Members who have read this thread: 1