Carenado Navajo?

Thread: Carenado Navajo?

Carenado Navajo?

This is all kinda after the fact since I've already purchased the airplane, but those of you who did buy the airplane. . . .did you find it to be a framerate hog or is it just me? Normally, in both FSX and P3DV2+ I can maintain 20-40 fps easily but this airplane has me in single digits much of the time. Takes the enjoyment out of a hefty purchase.

I don't have the Navajo Ed but I've come to expect heavy FR's on their later models. The C90 in particular and even with the 'lite' panel is a cow. The B200 is less so which is surprising. I made sure I read as many write-ups as possible on it before adding to basket. It's still a pig though and the HD textures don't help, Can't imagine anything vaguely new from Carenado being any different.

ATB
    DaveB

Does it use a G1000? I stioped buying their priducts after the Phenom 100 gave me max 18 FPS in perfect conditions...not becauee i dontnlike them but because i simply couldnt spend the money to get such poor performance. I think its related to their g1000 gauge.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Its all steam gauges, The issue I suspect, is in the coding for their GPS/NAV instruments they throw into every plane... It rips my 50 fps p3d down to 10 in any of the recent ones too.

In P3D 2.5 with ORBX FTX England at EGHR, I get an average fps of 38 with the Navajo with its GNS530 on, as against 25 with their Cirrus (twin G1000) and 50 with the stock A36 (GNS430). Haven't tried it in FSX but the very low frame rates with Alabeo aircraft in FSX was the main reason I switched to P3D, which I have had no problems with.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I just want them to make it so I can install several of the recent planes I've bought in to FSX SE. I have at least one installer that one even start.
    I heard the customer service left some to be desired, but, I am kind of disappointed to see it in action. I sent screenshots of my errors and was told they don't know when they will support SE.

Low FPS comments are interesting. I'm running this with the RXP530 at FTX KEGE (with global/vector) and ASN and getting 30FPS with no trouble. AI at 30%. Rig is i5 760 @4GHz with a 1.5Gb GTX580 so its not exactly cutting edge. I have removed the Cmeteo.xml tho - seems to be a bit of a hog for me.

the Navajo has no frame rate hit for me at all it works great super smooth
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Not for me either. I am getting 40-50 over LA (ORBX) with sliders almost all right. (FSX by the way!)

Don

No problem here either. I use it in FSX, and P3D. No frame hit noticed on either one
    Sue

I have the Carenado Navajo, frame rates seem to be fine on my old computer, but scenery textures load slower (and blurrier) than with non-HD aircraft.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0