PZL/Mil Mi2 Hoplite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PZL/Mil Mi2 Hoplite

Blog Entries

PZL/Mil Mi2 Hoplite

The old Nemeth Designs MI2 is getting the FSX treatment finally and they have contracted myself to do the job. Here is what I have so far:

1 exterior model done, 2 more exteriors and 3 virtual cockpits left to, well 2 virtual cockpits left to do as the one fitted to the med version is currently being coded.

Reworking all the FS9 native animations to FSX native animations, bear in mind that I have to rewrite all the animation codes by hand as I don't have the makemdl parts dictionary with all the custom animation scripts used by this model for FS9. Simple but tedious job.

Tidying up all the configuration files, removing unnecessary bits not pertaining to helicopter flight and adding missing lines. Now how do I disable the GPWS

This will be payware once released, but Tamas is thinking about releasing the old FS9 models as freeware and keeping this and current line as FSX only products, it's up to him to decide.

Since there is no timeframe on release dates, there isn't a whole lot going as I have a bigger project currently in development and that takes priority, so work on this and other smaller projects are pretty much in between.

Hope you guys enjoy this preview shot

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-5_17-19-58-646.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

I can't wait to see this in FSX! I was looking at the FS2004 version in the holiday sales but decided that it would not port well 'out of the box', so I am glad someone has taken up the mantle to do it. If someone does a HTR profile with it then I will be very happy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcurry View Post
    I can't wait to see this in FSX! I was looking at the FS2004 version in the holiday sales but decided that it would not port well 'out of the box', so I am glad someone has taken up the mantle to do it. If someone does a HTR profile with it then I will be very happy.
    Don't worry about dealing with a portover, this one is full fledged FSX native with specs and bump map, plus all native animations. All existing textures for the FS9 version will fit this model quite nicely, just have to match the scheme with it's corresponding specular map and off you go. For now, I am retaining the original engine start system. Maybe later down the road and once have most of my current contract work done, I'll do a more better start system.

Awesome news ! Hopefully the Mi-17 gets the same treatment. Flew both their Mi-2 and Mi-17 a lot in the FS9 days.

Hank

Fantastic! I'll do some of repaits for this Mi-2.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

So, I understand that some rumours about the fate of Nemeth Designs are fake.

Like Hank I hope that Mi-17 is too in the pipeline.

Blog Entries
    Exterior 2 done, 1 more to go. Saving all 3 virtual cockpits for last as I have to finish writing all the XML needed for the switches, knobs, levers, the whole 9 yards

Regarding the rumors about ND shutting up shop, I really don't know what's going on as I am only dealing with Tamas in regards to these conversions.

And as for the MI17, won't happen because they don't have the gmax source files for that aircraft, the MD500D/E, AS350 (FS9) and EC120. Believe me, I wanted the MD500 and EC120 to be on my list to convert, but no source files, no conversion. So the only remaining aircraft available for conversion and I have them are the KA26, MI2 and S76.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-7_6-11-33-713.jpg  

Thanks for the update George! And the Ka-26 will be fine too.

Cheers,
    Hank

I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

This is an FSX forum, but would you consider models for P3D v3, given the new reflections available (same question goes for your other helicopter releases)?

Many thanks

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    I don't have P3DV3 as of yet, but it is in my future to purchase, I need a new computer for all my work as I am developing on a slow laptop. Having said, yes at some point in the future I want to convert all my releases including this one to P3DV3.

Hello euroastar350,
    I see the new project but any news of this updated version "the old" Nemeth's model of Mi-2 ?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Any news about this project?
    Will it be continued?

Blog Entries
    Project is still active, but not a priority at the moment. Externals are done, 85% of the VCs completed. Catching up on current work and then I can finish this off and submit to Tamas for release.

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Project is still active, but not a priority at the moment. Externals are done, 85% of the VCs completed. Catching up on current work and then I can finish this off and submit to Tamas for release.
    Thx for this news. Fingers crossed and can't wait for sure !

Keep up the good work! Really looking forward to this one...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Is this still in development? Just checking in....

Thanks!

Dks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Is this still in development? Just checking in....

+1. Any news about this migration project? Its near the year .

Blog Entries
    No worries, the project is still alive, but it is not a priority at the moment. External models are fully converted over to FSX spec, internal models still need all switches to be redone and coded, plus I don't have the original parts XML dictionary in which I have to rewrite all the XML code to make the switches, levers, knobs function in FSX.

Hi, any news (+P3Dv4 info) about progress.

Btw. nice the new repaint (50th anniversary):

Euroastar350, any thoughts about converting the Mi-24P over to FSX now that it's freeware?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Euroastar350, any thoughts about converting the Mi-24P over to FSX now that it's freeware?
    I've inquired about the sources for the MI24, MI17, MD500, EC120, AS350, but they don't have the files any longer. The only ones I was able to get was the MI2, KA26 and S76. Converting from MCX is possible, but not by me as there is too much work involved converting just one model. I prefer to work with original sources with related coding as it makes it so much easier to do the conversion.

As I pointed out in a recent topic, the Mi-2 in FS9 format is already working quite well (almost perfect, in fact...) in P3Dv3, but a native conversion will finally allow it to work in P3Dv4
    I'm glad to read you are taking care of that one, and the Ka-26 as well, thanks a lot
    The Ka-26 also works and displays flawlessly in P3Dv3, for those who are wondering.

The Mi-24 also displays perfectly in P3Dv3, but I haven't tried to start it yet (the startup procedure is a bit complex, I didn't have time to go through it yet).
    It's quite sad that you won't be able to convert that one because of the lack of source files. But at least for that one, a FSX native model exists in payware, contrary to the Mi-2 and the Ka-26.

I spent a good part of the weekend playing around with the Mi-24 in FSXA, and indeed it works quite well. I borrowed some internal views from their other Mi-24 products and was quite pleased with the results.

The only downside to the port-over was the shadows of the rotor when on the ground. It looks great before startup, but I noticed once the blades were rotating it produced one big, round shadow. The glass was the other issue typical of an FS9 problem.

All the gauges and switches worked for me. I had to do some renaming of the [Windowsxx] in the panel.cfg to get all the 2D panels to show, but that was about it.

I inquired about Euroastar360 magic to see if at least his work would eliminate the shadow issue. Maybe ND might redo this version of the Mi-24 in the future?
    -- WH

The latest version of the EC 120 has a Steam installer selection. (nd_ec120_fsx_v101.exe) It came with XML gauges, and to my delight works in P3D4 quite well. There can be advantages to losing a drive and having to re-install...
    Sue

Any more progress on the Mi-2 conversion??
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 0