Sim-Outhouse's Interest in the RTRW
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim-Outhouse's Interest in the RTRW

Sim-Outhouse's Interest in the RTRW

Its that time of the year again and the race is set to begin on or about the 20th of February, I want to gauge the interest in the race from the 3 teams.

To that end, does Team Sim-Outhouse believe they will be able to participate in this years race and have enough pilots to be able to compete? 10 pilots I believe are the recommended minimum however it has been done with less, its entirely up to you.

NOTE: I am not speaking for the race committee, just trying to help wherever I can.

Thanks,

Planning on giving it a go this year

I hope to be around in some capacity.
    Last edited by Moses03; January 6th, 2016 at 03:39.

Me too. Hope we can carry on the tradition.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I plan to participate ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    I plan to participate also.
    Same here.
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

SOH-CM-2016
    I'll certainly participate, but unfortunately I have a business trip that will need me to fly abroad on Sunday evening (UK time), so I'm probably only available for the first 24-36 hours or so.
    Martin (FS RTW Race pilot 2009-19)
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Quote Originally Posted by Spookster67 View Post
    I'll certainly participate, but unfortunately I have a business trip that will need me to fly abroad on Sunday evening (UK time), so I'm probably only available for the first 24-36 hours or so.
    Oh wow! Hate to be missing your talents through the bulk of the race Martin but appreciate your initial availability.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I've flown a RTWR before and would like to participate again. Having been away from the race a few years... is the Aircraft Factory P-51H a valid aircraft for the race?

Thanks,

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by lownslo View Post
    I've flown a RTWR before and would like to participate again. Having been away from the race a few years... is the Aircraft Factory P-51H a valid aircraft for the race?

Thanks,

Greg
    HI Greg, welcome back.

It was as of last year and it was used as a thoroughbred aircraft which are limited in the number of times they can be used.

Somewhere on here (you might check for a link in the practice thread) there are the rules and a list of eligible aircraft from last year.

EDIT: If you were referring to the new FSX P51H released last year, it should be okay as well as it is slower than the FS9 version.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I may also participate, however after chatting with Roland it appears my two favorites for the Race are having problems getting cleared. . .The Native FSX F-7F and the Flying Stations Hawker Sea Fury. Any news on one or the other or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    EDIT: If you were referring to the new FSX P51H released last year, it should be okay as well as it is slower than the FS9 version.
    The new P51H has been added to the whitelist at http://www.fsrtwrace.com/whitelist.php It is permitted as it is slower by a few knots than the FS9 version but be aware its range is ALOT less.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I may also participate, however after chatting with Roland it appears my two favorites for the Race are having problems getting cleared. . .The Native FSX F-7F and the Flying Stations Hawker Sea Fury. Any news on one or the other or both?
    I do not know about the native F-7f, didn't know there was one, but the Flying Stations Hawker Sea Fury is allowed in the race, I believe it was added to the whitelist last year. It requires an updated airfile though.

Hope that helps

The FSX native version flight model originated from the FS9 version so it would not be to performance specs exactly as we would want it to be.

Tom Falley has an FSX version he has been flying since the F7F was originally released. (The FS9 RTWR version is Tom's derivative from that FSX version.)

The FSX native version has some aircraft.cfg tweaks that would make its performance different from the original FS9 and FSX versions.

I have asked Tom Falley if he would download the native version of the -3 single seat and provide a RTWR flight model for it (from his original FSX version) that matches the specs we all are used to with the original F7F-3 RTWR version.

If he does not have the time to do that, I would be happy to do that.

EDIT: By the way, here are the FSX Native versions and there are 2 F7F-3 single seat files (Metal and Blue):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=105727&sort=d
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Will have a look at this later today!

Cheers: Tom

Re tuning the F7F-3 to specs. Do any of these have a visible drop tank? Cheers: Tom

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Re tuning the F7F-3 to specs. Do any of these have a visible drop tank? Cheers: Tom

The Water Rudder activation key is used to show/hide the drop tank in the native version. Show/hide does not affect fuel or weight. You must use the gauge to drop the logical tank (and any remaining fuel). Un-hiding the tank does not add fuel or weight back after tank is dropped by the gauge.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I've just loaded up FSX SE onto the new box, so I need to fill my stable and get back into practice, but I'm interested.

I work 0500-1500 central on Sat and 1345-2345 on Sun.
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome Whitehawk. Good to have you.
    First thing get the latest duenna up and running. http://www.fsrtwrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=157
    Also need at least the unregestered FSUIPC installed.
    For aircraft, here is last years list. http://www.fsrtwrace.com/whitelist.php

I will be available for a limited number of legs once the race begins. There may be times/situations where race management responsibilities take precedence.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

System checks out, and what few planes I have from the whitelist still work. Guess I'm in the 'in desperate emergencies call the doggk' column.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Sim-Outhouse Round-The-World Racer

Race

How are you looking for pilots this weekend? My rig is still set up to fly, even though I've still got dcc's P-38 and Gnoopey's P-47 as my primary planes. Looking like I could do some wingman flights if needed and if things looks solid later in the weekend take a leg. I think I've got the F7F-does that thing still roll over on its back without warning?

Anyway let me know if you need a stick for a few legs. BTW does Dangerous Dave still fly?

Flork

It is looking like I will have to work Sunday. Saturday also. Will know for sure tomorrow. But, I have off Monday-Wednesday.

Having trouble with my pedals sticking causing differential braking on take off. Ordered a new pedal set Wednesday night for Friday delivery.

Also, I have a cooling fan and video card issue causing lockups in heavy clouds and fog; 3 crashes in 2 days testing.

So not sure I will be reliable for baton work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I saw you practicing online last night, you are using the old version of the duenna which is no longer valid (as it doesn't produce a proper jpeg output).

Be sure you update to the latest one.

http://www.fsrtwrace.com/duenna.php

Cheers,

Members who have read this thread: 0