Help!!!

Thread: Help!!!

Icon17 Help!!!

I need some help here. Does anyone have any idea what key or combination of keys I may have accidently pressed to lose my mouse "roll over" function. At some time in the past, when I rolled over say the altimeter, a little window would pop up with the altimeter setting. Roll over the radio and a window would pop up with the frequency. Now there are no little windows popping up for me.

I have FSX installed on two computers. One that I use just to download and test on and one that I do my actual flying on. I still have the "roll over" function on my smaller computer that I use for downloads, etc.

Thanks for any help.

RD

The only time this happened to me was when I ran FSX in Preview DX10 mode full-screen. Other than that, no ideas I'm afraid!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

It's called tooltips. I'm not sure anymore, but there might be a setting to enable/disable them somewhere in the sim options...
    EDIT: it's in the graphic options, section "Aircraft", the checkbox is name "show cockpit tooltips".

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It's called tooltips. I'm not sure anymore, but there might be a setting to enable/disable them somewhere in the sim options...
    EDIT: it's in the graphic options, section "Aircraft", the checkbox is name "show cockpit tooltips".
    Daube, you da man! That did it. It will remain one of those little mysteries as to how it got "unchecked."

Thank you. Makes it much easier when tuning an ADF radio with one of those little knobs that you have to turn.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Daube, you da man! That did it. It will remain one of those little mysteries as to how it got "unchecked."

RD
    Chances are there's some quaint/obscure hot-key combination that enables/disables it...

Menu: Options/Settings/Display/Aircraft tab/Show cockpit Tooltips
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Members who have read this thread: 0