RTWR 2016 Practice #1
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RTWR 2016 Practice #1

RTWR 2016 Practice #1

Anyone ready for some RTWR ups and downs? Here is the setup for practice #1 for Team SOH and any rookies that are interested.

Note, this is not a flight around the entire globe.

Standard RTWR rules apply. More info here: http://www.fsrtwrace.com/about.php

TS3 Server: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40

FS Host Server Port 23456: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8

Practice #1 Rules:

-Start airport is LPPT, Lisbon Portugal

-End airport is RJAA, Tokyo Japan

-Maximum leg length 750nm

-Maximum Leg time 2 hrs (except for wild cards).

-Real time and real weather etc.

-Pilots may fly consecutive legs if the baton has been idle for at least one hour.

-Objective is basic flying, correct posting procedure, baton transfers, making sure your Duenna is the latest and working. All the usual stuff.

-You control your own routing within the required airports.

-White list aircraft are encouraged. Not sure what new eligible aircraft have been released this past year but please feel free to try something new out. There always seems to be several P-51's released each year!

-No limit on thoroughbred aircraft. Practice with what you want within the rules.

-I have created the event in the Duenna if you wish to choose that. Look for "SOH RTWR Practice 1"

Special rules:

-Two wildcards of up to 1000nm are allowed. These are to be flown in subsonic jetliners. No time limit.

-There are two required stops. LFLJ Courcheval France and UT44 Murgab Tajikistan.

Post legs in this thread. You can start anytime.

I will give it a go! LPPT to LEVD Flying the Douglas AIJ

I have the baton.

Baton is free at LEVD flying Skyraider. Heck of a time finding the bloody airport, forgot to check if it had landing lights. My Bad

#$%#$%Duenna didn't show up inorder to post it, but it showed all validated, and then after I shut down the Sim I had no pictures or information concering the bloody flight., this is one reason I haven't flown in the RTW.

Oops, forgot to post, I flew this flight in real time, flight started near the time of 0200

Jim, what you could do for starters is make sure your Duenna is set to enable online flight tracking and create real-time position (see attached). At least we would have that. Just make sure those are ticked on in the settings for your next flight.

You could also take a quick screenshot of the Duenna graphic before you shutdown. That would also help show some proof.

I'm thinking we will need to refly from LPPT to LEVD as there is no record currently of a validated flight. Or have someone else take the baton from LPPT with their own destination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Ok. I take the baton LPPT to LEVD. Milton's F7F3. FSX version.

Thanks Kevin, will do

Duenna went not responding. Baton back at LPPT.

Lets try again. I have baton LPPT to LEVD. F7F3. FSX.

Baton free at LEVD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_11-24-58.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Going to give her another try. I have the Baton, from LEVD to LFMH (Saint Etienne) Flying F8F Long range Bearcat.

Back, Duenna didn't log on. will try again later

Going to try to go again, same as above, I think I got it, hehe I have the Baton.

Baton back to LEVD, damm thing didn't work!

Have the baton, LEVD - LFBM, Grumman F7F-3. It seems the beautiful new FSX F7F has no drop tanks. I'm hoping this can be fixed, and that the F7F can remain in the RTW racing business.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

ETE 0:15 +/- landing attempts.
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Have the baton, LEVD - LFBM, Grumman F7F-3. It seems the beautiful new FSX F7F has no drop tanks. I'm hoping this can be fixed, and that the F7F can remain in the RTW racing business.

The F7F-3 does have the drop tank. But it does not show until dropping it. The fuel is there.

Baton free @ LFBM.
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    The F7F-3 does have the drop tank. But it does not show until dropping it. The fuel is there.
    I saw where the DTs are in the aircraft.cfg, but the tanks are not modeled. At least not on mine. And why would the DTs show only after you dropped them? I'll play around with it.
    HP Reverb G2

Here's what it looked like landing at LFBM. Dark...
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I saw where the DTs are in the aircraft.cfg, but the tanks are not modeled. At least not on mine. And why would the DTs show only after you dropped them? I'll play around with it.
    Not sure why the tank does not show until dropping it.
    Something is reversed.

I have the Baton, from LFBM (Mont-de-Marsan)-LFLS. Flying the F7F

Was going to fly to the required stop, LFLJ Courcheval, but the airport has no lights and looks like it sets in a canyon. A day light flight is suggested.

Jim

LFLJ Courchevel is one of the notorious French 'alti-ports' with a steeply sloping runway perched on the side of a mountain. It is very difficult to get into in real life and pilots need a special permit in order to fly into the airport which is only granted after extensive training.

Both FS9 and FSX have very poor versions of this airport by default but there are freeware versions available that make a huge difference. I have the add-on sceneraries for several of the 'alti-ports' and used to fly between them on a regular basis at one time.

Here is a link to the one I use in FSX: http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...rt&categoryId=

It's the last in the list and is well made with lots of eye-candy as well as realistic sloping runways.

For Courchevel you must fly up the valley, hugging the mountainside to the left and then make a hard right turn onto final. Don't land long otherwise you will not be able to stop before the end of the runway.

As you can see from the above photo there is only one way in/out and the landing end of the runway is at the far end in this shot.

Here's a video of a Mooney landing at Couchevel.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0808682.jpg  
    Larry

Yep, Courchevel can be interesting.

Sorry for the delay, couldn't logon SOH. Well, still batting a 100% flying these flight. Crashed on approach, pilot error, hit the throttle by accident and reduced the power and then met the ground. Duenna seems to be working OK, me thinks.

So baton is back at LFBM

Here's a really nice video showing how to do it in a PC-12 with info on altitudes and approach angles.

Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0