Looking for a repainter(s)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a repainter(s)

Looking for a repainter(s)

Hey guys and gals. Here is the breakdown.
    I started flying at my local airport this past summer and I am nearing the end of my PPL training. I, along with several other guys, purchased a Piper Cherokee 180. It sounds counter-intuitive, but, it is actually cheaper to buy a plane in this manner then it is to rent a flight school plane at $140/hr.

Here is what I am wondering. Is there anyone with some skills that would mind tackling a paint or several? I have the A2A Cherokee 180 and the Carenado 180 as well. The Carenado 180 is more like our plane because it's a three-window 180 (after 1968) whereas the A2A is a two window (meaning the side windows). I fly both in the Sim a bit, and would love if I could get both painted. Dunno if that is possible.

And here is the other fun part. I have made a lot of friends in the last 6-8 months, and would like to get repaints of some of their planes(think of them as a gift for them if they use FS, or I would get to use their plane lol). One would be the Carenado F33 Bonanza, and another the C185. Maybe others though.

The catch? I have always contributed to SOH's membership drive. And I will continue to do that. But, if someone was willing to get the paintbrush out and make a nice paint, I would donate additional funds to the membership drive. Obviously, I would send a screenshot to prove such. I don't know what amount is appropriate, but, I know that there are talented guys out there making paints for nothing. This way, SOH would get to it's goal a little faster and we all feel a little more warm and fuzzy at the end of the day.

What do you guys think? Stupid idea? My thoughts were that so many great repaints are done, just for the joy of it seemingly. But, I would like to give some something more back to the SOH community. Some payback, if you will.
    I am a hobby aviation photog, so I have lots of pics. If anything is needed, I can get it without issue. It'll just take a day or so.

Thanks for the consideration.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Will need photos of the paints you want.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

These I can provide. Let me know what type of pics you need though. I can do full side, front (though that shouldn't be much of an issue), just the vertical stab, whatever. And thanks.

Also, what airplanes can you paint out of that group?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I can do the Carenado 180, and possibly the A2A 180 (no promises on that one) and the C-185.

Would appreciate well lit side photos (shots taken in main part of the day, not late afternoon) as well as the vertical tail. If there are any logos a close up of said logo would also be helpful as I usually try to C&P them or use them as a template.

It would probably take me a couple of weeks to get anywhere near complete as I also have another couple of paints on the go.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Sounds great, and I appreciate it! I will start working on the photos you need tomorrow. I have shots of all the planes, but, they are kinda artsy/fartsy, and aren't the best for reference.

I can get shots of the 180 without issue, because I can pull that beast outta the hangar cause it's mine. The 185 I will have to work at because it is not mine, doesn't fly that much, and so on.

I guess I need someone to look into the F33 Bonanza. That one I can get pics of no problem.

Thanks Aussieman! I'll get some shots of it in the next day or so and message you to send them out.

Would you like me to email the pics to you? Got some of the 180 and the F33. It wasn't late afternoon with the 180, but, may have been a tad early. Just before lunch. The prop cast a shadow on the side of the nose. Got a closer shot of the empennage, the wing tips, and several side shots.
    Or I can PM you my email, doesn't matter to me sir.
    Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Give us some side view, nose, tail section, wings if painted and wheel covers.
    Their are many of us here who do paints. Just post what you want, and we'll do our best.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Just emailed some pics of the 180 to AussieMan.

Thanks for chiming in though. If you want a shot, I'm game for whomever wants to fire away at this. Dunno how many pics I can put on here, but, I'll put a couple up.

That's the 180. I didn't have any luck getting the uploader to work with more than one pic, but, let me try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160104_091913.jpg  

If these pics are too big, I can resize them.

Wingtip pics

the tail

If the lighting is bad, let me know. I'll be out there in an hour or two and I can drag it out and take some more pics.
    Thank you for the consideration guys and gals.

Gorgeous...Is anybody gonna do this for him...I'll give it a go if not...

Blog Entries
    I'll get the A2A bird
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Thanks Cody, she is a 1969 180D. Best part is the panel! We got very lucky when we bought her, because a previous owner put a lot of dough into the avionics.

Trucker, that is awesome and appreciated.
    Now to put up some shots of my buddies bonanza and see if there are any bites.

This is my buddies F33 Bonanza (I say banana because his radio calls sound like that). If anyone can hook it up for the Carenado F33, that would be awesome.

tips and tail to follow.

And the wingtips and tail closer. (don't mind the bugs lol, it's a little chilly to wash it atm)

Great idea BrittMac and something I was looking at doing if I ever find my plane or build it. My primary renters are a Warrior and Arrow, although we just got a SportCruiser LSA on leaseback. If I do find that good deal on a RV-7/8, I was going to get a FS repaint first to test warbird schemes. I should probably sell a few motorcycles 1st.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Victory, thanks. Great to hear you are flying and have a new LSA to play with. I hope to get my complex in an Arrow that a buddy owns, after I finish my PPL. Haven't flown anything but a couple flight school 172's and my Cherokee. I bet that LSA is going to be nice, since most have glass.

Guys, if your reading this and wondering why I went in on buying a plane before my PPL is complete....It is saving me money and building equity in something. Renting a clapped out 172 and an instructor was costing me $185/hr, which is apparently much cheaper than some parts of the country.
    Buying a plane with a couple friends, including hangar rent/insurance/monthly payment for plane, is cheaper than renting as long as I am flying around 4hrs a month. Then remember that the plane is in much better shape, has MUCH better avionics, and is having equity built up as we go. It really makes sense. The plane, split between people, is cheaper than a used car. Also, it helps that I've been around aviation since I was born and know I am not going to stop. Finishing my cross country flights this week and also starting my hood time. Then prep, and then my check ride and I'm done.
    Nuts.

Really though, I am glad to see people looking in and offering help. Wish I knew more about repainting, and had the time to get into it. I do want to learn how to mod panels to see if I can make my planes panel in FSX. That would be neat as heck.

Hey guys and gals. Been a while. A busy busy while. Work has been busy, and I have been busy flying. Finished my PPL a couple weeks ago too. Good times.

But, I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen had a chance to play with the repaints? Really looking forward to having any of them. Will be starting IFR training soon, and the Sim will be an even better tool to learn with.

Thanks again for looking into this. It's much appreciated.

Also wondering if anyone is willing to tackle that F33 Bonanza?

Still needing help with these paints

Hello again all!

Still need some help with this, if anyone is willing. I will make it worth your time if I can. The earlier offers of help were appreciated, however, they didn't have time to mess with either of these paints.

Though the funding drive is done, as I typed above, I will try and make it worth your while. I really would love the Cherokee in the Sim, and the guy that owns the Bonanza has done a lot to help me over the last year, so I would like this as a small thanks to him.

Any help is appreciated!

Ok guys and gals, I still really want these made for FSX.

If you guys aren't available, please suggest a website where I can go to, to find someone that may be able to help me out.

Also, for you guys that know how long it takes to create a paint, let me know how long it takes to repaint a plane (the ones I have here or just in general).
    Thanks!

One last attempt to bribe you guys. If anyone can make these paints for me and my buddy, I'll chip in some extra dough in the funding drive. I've already contributed, but, will do so again. It's helping me, and SOH!
    Trucker had started, but, had to back out.
    Any help is appreciated.

A shame no one has picked this up and run with it, especially after a year. Could be that those who do aircraft repaints are bogged down with others that have been promised and don't have the time, could be that it requires (obviously) having one or the other aircraft to even work on. . .although it seems the odds are pretty good that someone who's proficient at liveries would have one or the other. Looks like Aussieman and Trucker17 were the only ones really offering. I can't speak for Aussieman, but Trucker has been absent from the Forums for quite awhile now and may have moved on for whatever reason. It happens.

Someone could still jump in and offer, but seems like if they were going to they would have by now. Hope this revival of the thread will peak some interest before it disappears onto another page again.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Truth be told, I'd buy the planes for someone if they would be willing to paint. But, I just don't have time to learn painting ATM.
    Thanks for the words though, Trucker knocked up a psd file really quickly, but, then had to stop. Aussieman didn't have the time for it. It happens and I appreciate them looking into it.

very first preliminary work:

I only have the A2A cherokee, so it will have to be for that one I fear.
    I do have a Carenado Bonanza, but that's the V-tail. However, I do believe the textures are the same as the straight tail version, so just maybe...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

how's this?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Holy cow! That's amazing. Man, that is like black magic to me. Dunno how to say thanks enough! Remarkable!

Members who have read this thread: 0