SSW PA-200 "Tornado" is ready for the sky. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SSW PA-200 "Tornado" is ready for the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Hi YOYO,site is ok,we changed a little the site layout. The link I posted and you wrote above is no longer valid.
    Now all Tornado's related menus are on the left,in a taskbar. Login required.
    Bye,
    Ale
    Ok but this link is also on this new webpage with Product page:
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/i...cc-pack-detail .

Btw. the new version:
    SSW_TORNADO_CORE_FILES_FSX_1.1.0.exe released.

Last edited by YoYo; January 3rd, 2016 at 03:15.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

How is the start up procedure in this one? Complicated?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    How is the start up procedure in this one? Complicated?
    Check here:
    http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/...t-up-procedure
    (or for quick start here http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/...up-procedure-2 ).

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Btw. the new version:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Btw. the new version:

wow good job

Hi guys,
    While working on p3d 2.5 version ,as I wrote some posts ago,it's time for the first "ten pack" free liveries set.
    These are the first 2 work in progress,regarding Luftwaffe IDS and ECR.
    Stay tuned!
    Ciao,
    /Ale

Hi Pluto i have a question. Are you completely done with the german ECR Model? Or is it a demonstration model? Because i'm missing some very GAF ECR specific systems. Systems like the ELS ( Emittor Locator System ),
    the FLIR, the IR Line Scanner. And the black area on the wing root is bigger on the ECR model. I really don't want to seem pedantic but i just noticed theese things. I also noticed that under the rear ECM jammer is something small oblong that does not exist on a german Tornado IDS and / or ECR, RECCE. No offense but what i see on the picture above, is just a IDS variant in the livery from the Fighter Bomber Wing 32 Lechfeld without the BK-27 cannons. And at IDS Tornado in the picture below, it is the antenna on the top of the fuselage and the left antenna on top of the nose that does not belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite82 View Post
    Hi Pluto i've a question. Are you completely done with the german ECR Model? Or is it a demonstration model? Because i'm missing some very GAF ECR specific systems. Systems like the ELS ( Emittor Locator System ),
    the FLIR, the IR Line Scanner. And the black area on the wing root is bigger on the ECR model. I really don't want to seem pedantic but i just noticed theese things. I also noticed that under the rear ECM jammer is something small oblong that does not exist on a german Tornado IDS and / or ECR, RECCE. No offense but what i see on the picture above, is just a IDS variant in the livery from the Fighter Bomber Wing 32 Lechfeld without the BK-27 cannons.
    Hi,
    Yes you are right,until now we splitted the ECR version with minimal differences,also the italian ECR have the IR scanner on the right side of nose whell well,and other stuff.
    ECR and GR1 are something like "bonus" aircrafts,we followed the rule that if you use an IDS or a GR1 you will have specific ordnance and configurations.
    For this reason we added cerberus pod and skyshadow,like different antennas,and so on.
    Is simply horrible,for example,to see a skyshadow under an italian IDS or a germany one.
    If we have free slots to append the objects you say (the model is one and unique,and through a barcode we initialize it as IDS/GR/ECR) we surely do.
    The problem of black area on the fixed wing root is a problem i made with texturing,in that picture there was still the IDS root
    Here is the correct version (in the base pack the ECR is displayed correctly)

Thanks for your attention.
    /Ale

Icon23

Hi,
    Yes you are right,until now we splitted the ECR version with minimal differences,also the italian ECR have the IR scanner on the right side of nose whell well,and other stuff.
    ECR and GR1 are something like "bonus" aircrafts,we followed the rule that if you use an IDS or a GR1 you will have specific ordnance and configurations.
    For this reason we added cerberus pod and skyshadow,like different antennas,and so on.
    Is simply horrible,for example,to see a skyshadow under an italian IDS or a germany one.
    If we have free slots to append the objects you say (the model is one and unique,and through a barcode we initialize it as IDS/GR/ECR) we surely do.
    The problem of black area on the fixed wing root is a problem i made with texturing,in that picture there was still the IDS root
    Here is the correct version (in the base pack the ECR is displayed correctly)

Thanks for your attention.
    /Ale
    No Problem. I just wanna help.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite82 View Post
    No Problem. I just wanna help.
    Sure you did,thanks for your kindness.
    /Ale

Tested Terrain Following Radar and automatic flight at 300 ft of Radar Altimeter with 400 kts on my clock and hands off!
    What a great fun and it works here!

Never saw this function in FSX, I remeber one free package (as addon) for F-111 but never tested it.

Crg for this idea of TFR (pictures edited).
    Last edited by YoYo; January 3rd, 2016 at 14:07.

What are the FPS like for this model? compared to the Just Flight Tornado?

Thanks

Read the posts above...
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Jason32 View Post
    What are the FPS like for this model? compared to the Just Flight Tornado?

Thanks
    Finally I installed again JF model with SP3 for comparison at the weekend, turned off all gauges + I took this lower textures (the last test I did with SP2). It was on my PC only 5 minutes :\ (sorry JF!). In the same situation in model of SSW I have +20 fps more (in JF low flying +400 kts = 19-25 fps in SSW model 42-55fps) so for me the winner is the one. According me JF has a little better external model (more detailed) but the performance isn't acceptable for me. Ciao!

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Stunning shots, YoYo!!!
    Thx!

Picked mine up today and between this one (and the other offering's demo version), my preference is on this one hands down. I can easily see the room for improvement (which I know is planned in full) but overall, the performance, flight handling, visual graphics/animations, and sounds are excellent

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happy Birthday, Pluto16!
    Enjoy your day and keep us informed about the release of the P3D 3.x version!

Anyone care to make a fictional GR4 Royal Air Force 41RTES paint for this thing? I'm going to be buying it shortly... and the 41RTES Tonkas are the only ones I've had the pleasure of seeing in front of my camera here in the US.

No paintkit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Happy Birthday, Pluto16!
    Enjoy your day and keep us informed about the release of the P3D 3.x version!
    Thanks Daniele!! I'm getting closer to the age "too old for rock and roll,but too youg to die" (Jethro Tull..)
    Sure we will. We are now making some test for 2.5 release,meanwhile I'm preparing the paintkit and some other liveries.
    By the way,is a little off-topic here,but I know many people are waiting with interest this subject....And so,this is the look in a quick p3d 3.1 test.

Ciao,
    /Ale

By the way,is a little off-topic here,but I know many people are waiting with interest this subject....And so,this is the look in a quick p3d 3.1 test.
    Now that's good news. This will be on my shopping list when it's 3.1 ready.

Yesterday I finally ran my first route using the NAV system along with the Moving Map and TFR from RAF Marham into Wales and back. I have to admit, I committed some minor errors getting used to the system and sequencing the waypoints but I very quickly figured out how to get it all to work right. I had to disengage the TFR a couple of times to help affect steering on waypoint heading changes while mitigating dangerous terrain but it was no big deal and hand flying the model at low level is a blast. I can say this, the accuracy of the route waypoints was spot on. When I arrived back at Marham, I was perfectly centered over the field, maintaining very low level not once having early visual on the field. I'm impressed!

One other thing of note, I reported to SSW that I had some issues with VAS/OOM errors on my flying in northern Italy. I first thought it was an issue with some scenery but I discovered that the VAS/OOM issue only occurred when I kept referencing the FSX Map in the pull-down menu. I have a suspicion that somehow utilizing the FSX Map accelerates VAS usage well beyond normal. When I flew the same routes without accessing the FSX Map, not a single VAS related OOM error occurred.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I have a suspicion that somehow utilizing the FSX Map accelerates VAS usage well beyond normal. When I flew the same routes without accessing the FSX Map, not a single VAS related OOM error occurred.
    That's correct. Recently it's even discussed on the Avsim forum's. Look here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/440194-de...es-400-mb-vas/
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    One other thing of note, I reported to SSW that I had some issues with VAS/OOM errors on my flying in northern Italy. I first thought it was an issue with some scenery but I discovered that the VAS/OOM issue only occurred when I kept referencing the FSX Map in the pull-down menu. I have a suspicion that somehow utilizing the FSX Map accelerates VAS usage well beyond normal. When I flew the same routes without accessing the FSX Map, not a single VAS related OOM error occurred.
    I've never had out of memory errors (in fsx, in dcs it's rather frequent), but the other day while browsing the diablo 3 forums, I came across an interesting piece of software that claims to allow 32 bit programs to address more than the usual memory space. I've never heard anything about this in flight sim communities, so, sorry if it's old news. I'll leave a link here for someone with OOM errors to test drive it and then if it works maybe we can put out a new thread to make more people aware.

Here it goes: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/

Just got a vew questions as I'm tempted to purchase just to have a weapons enabled Tonka but only when the P3d V2 version comes available...

Noticed in the Icons that there is a CBLS launcher on one of the models, is this implemented and working Via Tacpack at all?
    Are the cannon/s implemented?
    Are there plans to implement the LGBs?
    Also will a GR4 version be considered?

Members who have read this thread: 0