RAZBAM Harrier AV-8B and P3Dv3.1: crash to desktop

Thread: RAZBAM Harrier AV-8B and P3Dv3.1: crash to desktop

RAZBAM Harrier AV-8B and P3Dv3.1: crash to desktop

Hi all,

Yesterday I reinstalled the RAZBAM Harrier into P3D v3.1.
    I was using it without problems in P3Dv2.5. In P3Dv3.1 however, it crashes my sim (crash to desktop without any error message or popup or anything) each time I try to call the 2D panels (like load manager).
    The VTOL still works fine, though.
    Any idea ?

I've just tried the GR9 (don't have the AV-8B). The load manager popup works fine, but I get a CTD if I try and access the popup FLIR.

Ah... could it be that I tried to call the wrong popup then ?...
    Thanks for the tip, I'm going to make a new test tonight, paying more attention to the numbers on my keyboard

Same problems here but it wont fly it just pitches up 180 degrees and crashes.

Have you added the entry for the "RZAV8BCM.dll" into the dll.xml?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Have you added the entry for the "RZAV8BCM.dll" into the dll.xml?
    I'm intrigued what do you mean? I assumed from Razbams advert it was Prepar3d ready?

You need to check if the installer program has added the correct entry in the DDL.xml file.
    If I remember correctly, I had to add that decclaration manually in P3Dv2 and now I had to do it again for P3Dv3.

Also, if the plane pitches badly out of control when trying a VTOL flight, this is usually due to excessive weight.
    The Harrier must have no payload and almost empty fuel tanks in order to meet the maximum weight limit required for a vertical takeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    You need to check if the installer program has added the correct entry in the DDL.xml file.
    If I remember correctly, I had to add that decclaration manually in P3Dv2 and now I had to do it again for P3Dv3.

Also, if the plane pitches badly out of control when trying a VTOL flight, this is usually due to excessive weight.
    The Harrier must have no payload and almost empty fuel tanks in order to meet the maximum weight limit required for a vertical takeoff.
    Hi Dave
    There's no mention of the declaration in the ddl.xml file. What text do I need to add?
    Thanks

Mike

This:

Code:
      <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier Control Manager</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>Addon Modules\RZAV8BCM.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
      </Launch.Addon>

Tried this but no joy.
    I assume you mean the dll.xml in C:/ProgramData/LockheedMartin/Prepar3d?
    Mike

No, the one in "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"
    Also, check the actual dll is in your Prepar3D v3\Addon Modules. The installer I have is an old one that doesn't recognize P3d so I just pointed it to the main P3d folder, then copied the dll.xml entry across from my FSX installation.
    No idea if they've updated their installers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    No, the one in "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"
    Also, check the actual dll is in your Prepar3D v3\Addon Modules. The installer I have is an old one that doesn't recognize P3d so I just pointed it to the main P3d folder, then copied the dll.xml entry across from my FSX installation.
    No idea if they've updated their installers yet.
    Thanks I'll give it another go!

Hi Dave
    Still no joy, and CTDs when trying to access load page

Hmm, don't know what else to suggest. As I say, it works fine for me (Harrier Gr9, don't have the AB-8B).

Hi Dave
    Thanks for trying. I'm finding out that Razbams tech support is non existent.

Made some progress. The load manager can only be accessed with the aircraft shut down, this then enables fuel and weapons to be added. Flight characteristics then seem ok but after one landing the old problems return.
    Still working on it.

You may need to make your path to "Add On Modules" more specific! i.e

<Path>your drive letter:\the name of your P3D install\Modules\RZAV8BCM.dll</Path>

mine=<Path>D:\P3DV2\Modules\RZAV8BCM.dll</Path>
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarofRust View Post
    You may need to make your path to "Add On Modules" more specific! i.e

<Path>your drive letter:\the name of your P3D install\Modules\RZAV8BCM.dll</Path>

mine=<Path>D:\P3DV2\Modules\RZAV8BCM.dll</Path>
    Cracked it except that the required folder is Addon Modules.
    So my entry is this

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier Control Manager</Name>
    <Path>F:\Prepar3d V3\Addon Modules\RZAV8BCM.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Path>F:\Prepar3d V3\AICarriers.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

By the by using the same xml logic I've installed the non java version of AICarriers
    Thanks again RockStarofRust

Best wishes
    Mike
    Last edited by CavOk; December 29th, 2015 at 05:05.

Glad you've got it working Mike. I'm surprised you needed to use the full path though, should work OK without.
    The AI carriers entry should be in the exe.xml file, rather than the dll.xml, but if it works there...

Sorry for the 2 year bump.

I added the required entry to the P3D 3.4 DLL but am running into a couple of issues.

The AV-8B will crank up, systems powered on. But the throttle wont advance and the speedbreak wont close. Both with the stick or keyboard.
    Any updates or thoughts?

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Blog Entries
    Storm, you need to make sure you have the "Addon Modules" and the "Sounds" folders in your P3D folder (note that's Sounds not to be confused with the Sound folder).
    Regarding the throttle issue, I suspect you've got duel throttles set up in your controller configuration, the Harrier won't work with that option. Your best bet is to create a single throttle profile in FSUIPC.
    As regards your air brake, I've no idea, I've never seen that problem before but I suspect it's something minor.

Regards,
    Ian

Thanks Ian. I'll check all that you've specified.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    I pass gas!

Members who have read this thread: 0