Coming to FSX S-2A Tracker - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coming to FSX S-2A Tracker

Looks great! Can't wait for this and the P2V!

Still Looking

Wondering what happened to this...??? Please update release date. I know that there are S2T's in the Warbird Library and they are really nice...appreciate the efforts to make them but I like THIS ONE with the ol' radials.

Still doing work on it. Trying to learn how to program gauges and such.

Programming Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Still doing work on it. Trying to learn how to program gauges and such.
    I haven't done any in a while and only did them in XML but the guys over at FSDevelopers are a tremendous help anytime you are stuck. Waiting patiently. I know quality can't be rushed.

Tankerguy72 has been very busy of late so I took on some of the work to help this project move ahead. His work is just too good to leave in the back of a dusty ol' hangar. :-)

After 3 weeks of working on it daily for many hours, we have made great progress inside and outside.

Still a few things to wrap up or improve upon, but this project has made great strides.

Here are a few screen shots; will post more in a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-nov-29-003.jpg   ms-2017-nov-27-004.jpg   ms-2017-nov-29-001.jpg   ms-2017-nov-29-004.jpg   ms-2017-nov-30-006.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

A few more interior shots ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-dec-4-011.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-010.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-013.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-014.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-015.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-020.jpg  

ms-2017-dec-4-009.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-008.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-007.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-006.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-005.jpg   ms-2017-dec-1-002.jpg  

ms-2017-dec-4-012.jpg   ms-2017-dec-4-022.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton those look amazing! I can see this will be one of my new favorites.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Milton those look amazing! I can see this will be one of my new favorites.
    Well, you can thank Tankerguy72 for the photoreal textures, bump maps, and revised VC modeling, along with modeling updates to gear, and add-ons to the exterior. He has put a lot of time in this to model the real world example.

My work was in finalizing the FSX native conversion, adding switch activated doors and retardant effects, custom xml functions, getting all the VC stuff animated, tagged and working, getting gauges installed, upgrading the panel.cfg and getting the flight model settled down, i.e. more flyable.

Some work yet to be done in optimizing textures sizes and finalizing bump and spec maps. I really like the bump map work inside and outside although some work remains. TG's textures give you a real feeling about this model.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Good evening Milton,

-Superb, really, especially the cockpit, beautiful and very realistic!
    Finally! radios that change the eternal modern Bendix king that I can not stand to see anymore!
    I am waiting for this new jewel with impatience!
    Thanks to the team!

Alain

-

Wow Milton, outstanding work indeed! Though probably not my cup of tea, the attention to detail is enough to grab my attention sir. Really love the weathered metal inside the cockpit area.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thank you

Thank you Milton for taking over this really super aircraft. Looking forward to adding it to the hanger as soon as its completed. Keep up the excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Thank you Milton for taking over this really super aircraft. Looking forward to adding it to the hanger as soon as its completed. Keep up the excellent work.
    Thank you Sir, but, I am not taking this over, just lending a helping hand. TG is very much involved but has been super busy this past year until recently. Now that he is wrapping up work on the C-119, he is becoming available to wrap up this project. Just talked with him and he is sending over some updates to textures while I apply some chrome to the yoke shafts. :-) I am trying to wrap things on my end as he gets his end setup to take it over.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

OK

Understood and waiting as are all very patiently. You can't rush good work.

R

I had forgotten about this thread... I am very pleased with what I can read and see! The shots are gorgeous!
    I hope this beauty will fly on its own in 2018!
    Tracker go go go! Best wishes to the team

I completed my contributions to Tankerguy's project and sent everything back to him several weeks ago. I suspect once he complete's his C-119 work, he will continue with this project.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

WOW Great News

That is great news. We are all waiting for this to be completed to fly. If you don't have the program yet, check out his Firefighter it is fantastic and will be super to fly this S2A on. I got it last year and he is a really great guy to talk with.

http://lorby-si.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I completed my contributions to Tankerguy's project and sent everything back to him several weeks ago. I suspect once he complete's his C-119 work, he will continue with this project.

Thanks for the update, Milton. will TG put it up here when it;'s read or is there another thread I need to follow?

Thank sir

Any news about how this project is coming along?

Excellent work, this is a great upgrade!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Tankerguy72 still had quite a bit of work yet to do when I sent it back to him in December.

Hopefully he can get through the list and get this one wrapped up.
    It looks awesome inside and outside thanks to his attention to realism and photo-real textures in key areas.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Tankerguy72 still had quite a bit of work yet to do when I sent it back to him in December.

Hopefully he can get through the list and get this one wrapped up.
    It looks awesome inside and outside thanks to his attention to realism and photo-real textures in key areas.
    I have some REAL good walk around photos, of a Canadian Conair Firecat, I would share.....to help this beauty along...... just send me a PM...
    Cheers
    Jeff

Will try to get the to do list on this one finished up soon. We have a baby boy on the way and due in a few months so getting everything ready for his arrival

Congrats on your new baby,and thanks for your time for doing this tankerguy72,and,also a big thank you to Milton Shupe too.

Congratulations

Congratulations on your new baby boy. My nephew and his wife just have a brand new girl. May God grant you and your family his choicest blessings.

Great news TankerGuy! Enjoy the relative piece you have before the little one arrives.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 1