The Mallard is here, The Mallard is here!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Mallard is here, The Mallard is here!!

Hint, hint. Oh it would be so wonderful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coastal 3.jpg   coastal 2.jpg   coastal ellis.jpg  
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

as I'm reponsible for two of the three above, I might as well make it three, but patience, I'm moving first!
    Meanwhile, try this one:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Easy fix by altering the texture glass file.

Deleted the Mallard glass dds and replaced it with the four from the Ryan Navion.
    clean glass.

I would higly appreciate if you could point out which files to replace. They have kind of different names and sizes in the two addons, so I can imagine some have to be renamed.

I like others dislike milky glass. An important part of my flightsimming is about watching the scenery and thats better done with clear glass.

Besides that, thanks a million for making this wonderfull addon. You have really made a masterpiece.

1 issue: On my PC, the VC GPS will only zoom in and not out. The pop-up GPS works as it should.

Are you using the correct clickspots to zoom in and out in the vc gps? it does work fine on my end, left and right click iirc.

As for the glass.... milky? not sure what you mean, in p3d and fsx boxed on my end its clear and perfect... it doesn' have a reflection like some, but its 'slightly' off color from 'no glass' to show its there. It certainly doesn't appear milky to me. any screenshots? maybe its something we can fix.

Milky, maybe the wrong word. It was used by another guy taking up the issue in post 65 on page 3. So I just jumped in a continued the discussion about the glass textures.

The glass textures as they are makes the colors of the outside scenery look paler than when you look at the scenery from the spot view.
    I like watching scenery when I fly and I make my own photoscenery, so its kind of disturbing when the VC glass textures make the outside world look worse.
    I definately prefer clean glass and accept small parts with dirt because it gives the feeling that there is something. But these textures gives a feeling like all the glass is covered with something.

If necessary I can make some screenies later and I will also check your suggestions about the GPS. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    I would higly appreciate if you could point out which files to replace. They have kind of different names and sizes in the two addons, so I can imagine some have to be renamed.

I like others dislike milky glass. An important part of my flightsimming is about watching the scenery and thats better done with clear glass.

Besides that, thanks a million for making this wonderfull addon. You have really made a masterpiece.

1 issue: On my PC, the VC GPS will only zoom in and not out. The pop-up GPS works as it should.
    I have found that if you RIGHT-click on the GPS zoom buttons, you will zoom out. Left clicking will zoom in.

I agree about the glass - you can see what a difference there is if you Shift+Control+Tab so that you are half in and half out of the aircraft. I much prefer bits of dirt (like Piglet used to do) or just some reflection on the glass to make it seem like the windows are glazed. The effect of this especially when using TrackIR is very immersive. How easy that is to do though, I wouldn't know.

Generally I love the aircraft though.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Ok screenies

VC:

Spot:

I´m a huge fan of aircraft addon where you can choose between a clear glass (no glass) and one like the default Mallard.
    Or even better, clear glass that doesnt change the colors of the outside world, with a few dirt-spots near the edges and maybe a dead fly or two to give the illusion of being inside.
    I´m picky, I know, but at least, I´m not the only one.

And yes, the VC GPS works. My first right click to zoom out GPS. I must have missed that when I ran through the manual. Thanks for clearing things up.
    Last edited by donnybalonny; December 28th, 2015 at 02:00. Reason: me... as usual

Big thumbs up to the LDR group. The Mallard is a really nice flier.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    as I'm reponsible for two of the three above, I might as well make it three, but patience, I'm moving first!
    Meanwhile, try this one:
    I'll give it a try. ;-)

FSX Native Mallard liveries Redo Progress

preliminary screenshots of liveries I am in the process redoing for the new native FSX model..hope to do most of the ones I've done for FS9. Slowly making progress on learning the new templates...and once again, thanks to all at LDR for this outstanding model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-SPL-1.jpg   Wien_Air-1.jpg  
    Last edited by wellis; December 28th, 2015 at 12:22. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    preliminary screenshots of liveries I am in the process redoing for the new native FSX model..hope to do most of the ones I've done for FS9. Slowly making progress on learning the new templates...and once again, thanks to all at LDR for this outstanding model.

Thanks for doing those. Great additions to the hanger.

Many thanks and well done Larry, Dave and Rachael!
    I have finished a repaint of the Mallard owned by Ferranti in the UK in the '60s. Should be up on Flightsim.com tomorrow.

Peter W

FSX Native Mallard N168WS

couple more tweaks to the nose and it'll be ready
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mallard_N168WS1.jpg   Mallard_N168WS4.jpg  

Nice paint!!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Been hoping for that one!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Mallard in Alaska
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails risky.jpg  

We all are so fortunate to have people such as the LDR Group who give up their time and talent and bring us these most excellent and unique aircraft . I have logged many hours on the Navion and now the Mallard . Keep up the good work and many thanks to all involved .

Happy New Year to all ,
    Rich

I believe you emailed Larry regarding another issue, and before he could respond, you replied telling him you uninstalled the plane to fix the problem. Ie, ditched the aircraft.

Strange that you're now reinstalling it.

But I'll help you... lest you delete it a second time because nobody replied in time.

Go to the fuel section [fuel]

comment out the two lines aux left and aux right by typing // before the line starts.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    yeah, and item #15 in the thread stated this and I quote:

If you are happy to never use the float tanks then by all means change the value in the aircraft.cfg file to zero and you shouldn't be overweight at start-up.

What value? Rather nebulous to me. No matter how many times I load this thing up I still get the overweight/dismiss button -

I see lots of values in the aircraft.cfg folder and I could change anything to zero that need not be changed to zero.
    go to the pump gage...move the slider to the left...plug the holes and be done with it

Uploaded Mallard N168WS

Just posted this to the library. enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N168WS-1.jpg  

Re overweight.

Once the plane has being loaded the first time all the bilges will be empty from teh next load. It will be overwight due to fuel and payload, i just reduce aux tanks to 10% solves the issue, or you could edit the cfg so it ploads with a reduced payload.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

If your bilge tanks are empty it should not load up over weight
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

N168ws

Thank You Wellis, that is a very smart paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    If your bilge tanks are empty it should not load up over weight
    Not what I'm experiencing.

This is not a complaint mind you. I love the Mallard, and am enjoying it immensely. Thanks to all who made this happen.

Just now I completed a short 30 mile flight - land bases only, no water flights. Under the FREE FLIGHT, Fuel and Payload menu I'm shown being 19620 lbs over gross weight. After loading the aircraft, that drops to 504 lbs over gross weight. Naturally, I get the "Check weight and balance" warning message.

Normally, I would throw out a few passengers to make sure I was below gross weight. This time I elected to run the bilge pumps for a while, and risk taking off at the current weight limit.

During warmup, I ran the bilge pumps for several minutes. Still no change in weight. After landing at my destination I was down to 414 lbs over gross, so I only used about 100 lbs of fuel.

So, is the 504 lbs over gross weight to be expected at startup or am I missing something? Just curious.

Thanks again for the great work.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Not what I'm experiencing.

So, is the 504 lbs over gross weight to be expected at startup or am I missing something? Just curious.

Thanks again for the great work.
    I get the same thing, i just reduce my fuel.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Members who have read this thread: 0