I don't always buy things "in the right order" ~ that is, I don't always get payware that interests me the moment it's released for one reason or another. So, a couple of these will be "old news" to the regulars. None-the-less, I thought it'd be nice to share my joy regarding some recent additions to the hanger.

I had wanted to get A2A's Spitfire Ia and Bf109E but had held off until they were updated with FSX native models ... then held off some more ... but I recently picked them both up in their "Solo" release versions. Both are superb IMHO. (Even if you have the RAS Spitfire set for FSX, if you're a Spitfire fan at all then you really owe it to yourself to get the A2A Mk. IA as well ~ its that good.) I can only hope that someday A2A will do a FSX native Spitfire Mk. Vb and a Bf109F or G to round out the collection.

My other recent surprise, was Lionheart's Epic LT package. Bill's generous sale recently enticed me to try a couple of his aircraft. I'd always wanted to because the screen shots of the aircraft always looked great ~ but, it's no secret that I'm mainly a warbird buff. I do buy the odd civilian aircraft but, again... I held off... no particular reason. Well, the LT is such a hot rod of a plane, I think it'd put a smile on any "fighter jock's" face and Lionheart's presentation of it is top notch. Also, owing to the links in the manual, I checked out Epic's web site and was quite impressed to learn the LT was made of carbon fibre and could be purchased certified or as a kit. While I expected I would enjoy the quality of the add-on, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy flying it too.

Anyhow, it's always nice when you pick up an add-on package and it brings a smile to your face so I thought it'd be nice to share.

Cheers,
Rick