Martin Mariner - Page 5
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 5,200.00 USD (52%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 126

Thread: Martin Mariner

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsdn1375 View Post
    Any chance your FSX/P3D Martin PBM-5A Mariner is still in development???

    Tjsdn
    It still is, man, just because a thread hasn't been posted in for a while doesn't mean the project's been cancelled.

  2. #102
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    61
    Posts
    7,684

    Exclamation Tjsdn read this carefully!

    Tjsdn,

    In general it takes more than a year to develop a reasonably simple model. Even when the exterior model is completely finished the work is not even halfway. The modeling of the VC, texturing, gauges and coding will take more than the same amount of time

    So stop annoying everybody here by your weekly asking whether a model is still in development.

    Be patient and you will see what comes.

    Huub


    Quote Originally Posted by tjsdn1375 View Post
    Any chance your FSX/P3D Martin PBM-5A Mariner is still in development???

    Tjsdn

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Tjsdn,

    In general it takes more than a year to develop a reasonably simple model. Even when the exterior model is completely finished the work is not even halfway. The modeling of the VC, texturing, gauges and coding will take more than the same amount of time

    So stop annoying everybody here by your weekly asking whether a model is still in development.

    Be patient and you will see what comes.

    Huub
    oh yeah...

  4. #104
    SOH-CM-2020 Cees Donker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Zoetermeer, Netherlands
    Age
    64
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Tjsdn,

    In general it takes more than a year to develop a reasonably simple model. Even when the exterior model is completely finished the work is not even halfway. The modeling of the VC, texturing, gauges and coding will take more than the same amount of time

    So stop annoying everybody here by your weekly asking whether a model is still in development.

    Be patient and you will see what comes.

    Huub
    There is an ignore list which I have put to use this time. There's a first time for everything......



    Cees

  5. #105
    With apologies for going off topic how about a Command Ejection button?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    With apologies for going off topic how about a Command Ejection button?
    So basically a button to make the crew bail out? It sounds cool, but this is my first mod and my understanding of FSX coding is pretty limited.
    Last edited by Maty12; January 24th, 2016 at 03:56. Reason: Typo

  7. #107
    SOH-CM-2017 DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pelsall, West Midlands
    Age
    62
    Posts
    3,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    So basically a button to make the crew bail out? It sounds cool, but this is my first mod and my understanding of FSX coding is pretty limited.
    I had a feeling Harry was talking about something else Maty
    ATB
    DaveB

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    So basically a button to make the crew bail out? It sounds cool, but this is my first mod and my understanding of FSX coding is pretty limited.
    My apologies again Maty12, I was referring to the comment from Cees Donker and the ignore list. I was wondering if it would be possible to eject irritating posters It was not in any way aimed at your excellent work with the Mariner.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    My apologies again Maty12, I was referring to the comment from Cees Donker and the ignore list. I was wondering if it would be possible to eject irritating posters It was not in any way aimed at your excellent work with the Mariner.
    Oops, My bad.

  10. #110
    SOH-CM-2020 Cees Donker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Zoetermeer, Netherlands
    Age
    64
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    My apologies again Maty12, I was referring to the comment from Cees Donker and the ignore list. I was wondering if it would be possible to eject irritating posters It was not in any way aimed at your excellent work with the Mariner.
    Something which I would have put to use today regarding a certain member. But there's an alternative in the form of the ignore list...



    Cees

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Something which I would have put to use today regarding a certain member. But there's an alternative in the form of the ignore list...



    Cees
    Beer?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  12. #112
    Hey, guys, I'm back from Tucson. So big thanks to Andrew Boehly at Pima for letting me into the Mariner, I took a LOT of pictures in there. I also learned that the 5a has nose wheel steering and a hydraulic boost for the flight controls. I also met Bill Sproull, who flew the PBM-5 in the Korean War. So I now have a lot more reference. Sadly, this also means I've got a lot of re-modelling to do, especially in the nose and aft hull areas. I'm afraid the plan of modelling every bulkhead is impossible and might explode a lot of computers performance-wise. I started again on the interior, and if there's one thing I'm dreading it's making the chairs. This plane has some next level comfortable chairs which will be hard to make. Maybe someone can help me out with that?

  13. #113
    We have so many skilled folks here at SOH. I'm sure a few pics of the chairs with a scale reference will be enough for somebody to help you get them right.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    We have so many skilled folks here at SOH. I'm sure a few pics of the chairs with a scale reference will be enough for somebody to help you get them right.
    I have a couple pictures I could post later, I'm having a bit of trouble getting them from my phone to the PC.

  15. #115
    Here are the pictures I have of the chair, if anyone wants to help out with it:

    Not sure if the armressts are that clearly visible, as they are raised in the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4201.jpg   IMG_4202.jpg  

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    Alright, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that my friend PA_Jeromino managed to hook me up with a near perfect paddle-bladed Hamilton Standard propeller, made my Hueyman (who I wasn't able to reach), and it's just breathtaking. It was made for a B-17, but after inspecting the few reference pictures I had they seem to be identical (except for size, the PBM's is bigger).


    The bad news. First off, my attempts to make a Curtiss propeller by modifying the Hamilton proved less than successful for the blades, which have very diffferent shapes. Secondly, I learned that the Curtiss propeller is a Constant-Speed model, and despite reading about these a lot I'm no closer to understanding how a pilot controls those. The PBM-5 flight manual mentions both a propeller selector (Manual or Auto) and a propeller governor for each one, and says to keep the pitch at "low" for engine start-up, but that's about all it says. There is no mention of the ones equipped with Hamilton Standard blades, and I'm not sure how many used it.

    P.S. Does anyone have a Curtiss Electric 4-bladed propeller I can borrow? If not, can anyone help me make one?

    Sorry for the late reply dude, here is your prop, factory fresh from the prop shop ;-)



    Wish you the best in your project,
    Hueyman

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Hueyman View Post
    Sorry for the late reply dude, here is your prop, factory fresh from the prop shop ;-)



    Wish you the best in your project,
    Hueyman
    Thanks, mate, I appreciate it. Great looking prop.

  18. #118
    So I've been trying to get some work done on the cockpit, but the results so far aren't exactly promising...Does anyone have any advice for cockpit making? Cause it just feels like i can't use a lot of the reference I have properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help.jpg  

  19. #119
    Been a while since I last posted, huh? Sorry about that, "procrastination" is kinda my middle name. I have done a lot of work over the last two (Or three?) months, including completely remodeling the cockpit window frames, some fixes on the landing gear, minor changes to the flaps, engines and stabilizers (Including re-making the Shannon Vortex-Airfoil). Also did some interior work. Still haven't made the chairs, if anyone wants to help with that.

  20. #120
    Currently working on remodeling the flaps and running into all kinds of problems. Does anyone here have Virtavia's SP-5B Marlin? It uses the same flap design, and I really could use some screenshots for reference for the flap actuators and pulleys.

  21. #121
    Great stuff, Maty. Maybe you have that already, but let me point out a few links.

    There's a flight manual here:

    http://www.seawings.co.uk/images/man...%20Mariner.pdf

    Other related infos:

    http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/w...in_Mariner.pdf



    Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

    Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...2013-02-05.zip


    Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Great stuff, Maty. Maybe you have that already, but let me point out a few links.

    There's a flight manual here:

    http://www.seawings.co.uk/images/man...%20Mariner.pdf

    Other related infos:

    http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/w...in_Mariner.pdf



    Cheers,
    Mark
    Thanks, Mark, I've been looking everywhere for that last link, couldn't remember the URL. As for flight manuals, thanks to Andrew Boehly at Pima, I now have the PBM-5a manual (Which is surprisingly different)

  23. #123
    Anyone know what happened with this ?
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Anyone know what happened with this ?
    Maty has been really tied down with college studies. He last checked in last September.

    He said he had completed the 3D model (unsure about the cockpit/VC) and was looking for someone to pass it on to for texturing and getting it in the sim.
    It was modeled using Blender so I could not help there. Said he would look around FSDeveloper to see if anyone was interested in completing the project. That's the last I heard.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  25. #125
    Thanks Milton for the helpful. Update. Maty's college studies come first.
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Members who have read this thread: 1

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •