Martin Mariner - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Martin Mariner

Milton explained the situation pretty well (Thanks for that, man)

Real life's been getting in the way and my motivation's been pretty low for a while. I started work on this plane 3 years ago, and to be honest I don't really want to work on it again. The model is finished. There are parts of it I'm unhappy with, mostly leftover from when I first started work on it (This was the first model I ever made), such as the windows in the bow section and the vertical stabilizer's rather unsightly mesh. There are also some missing details like gauges for the flight engineer's panel and fuel controls, as well as the windshield wipers. Other than that, I am quite happy with the model. But at no point in the last 3 years did I even begin to program it, and it's only been UV mapped recently (though the current map might not be great for FSX).

If anyone wants to finish this project, and I really hope that someone does, do not hesitate to contact me, and I'll send the mesh as well as the pilot's manual for this variant of the aircraft

Sincerely,
    -Matt

No promises, but...

Spent the last few days learning how to get aircraft into MSFS/FS2020, and the Mariner was the most complete 3d model I had lying around. Figured y'all might want to see how that's going. Still a long way to go, but hey it's in the game and the control surfaces move, it's just unable to fly and missing all other animations. Don't know if I should make a separate thread in the MSFS subforum, and also no idea if this will be releasable or not when finished or how much work I will put into it. Currently trying (and failing) to figure out how to animate the oleo strut scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    Spent the last few days learning how to get aircraft into MSFS/FS2020, and the Mariner was the most complete 3d model I had lying around. Figured y'all might want to see how that's going. Still a long way to go, but hey it's in the game and the control surfaces move, it's just unable to fly and missing all other animations. Don't know if I should make a separate thread in the MSFS subforum, and also no idea if this will be releasable or not when finished or how much work I will put into it. Currently trying (and failing) to figure out how to animate the oleo strut scissors.

Unsure how to do it in your Blender tool, but generally, animate each of the scissors parts separately.
    Place the pivot at the strut mount bolt holes, animate up/down to keep the small ends together.

Happy to see you still work to complete this one.:-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Unsure how to do it in your Blender tool, but generally, animate each of the scissors parts separately.
    Place the pivot at the strut mount bolt holes, animate up/down to keep the small ends together.

Happy to see you still work to complete this one.:-)
    Thanks, Milton! I really don't know a lot of animation, and my current issue with the scissors is that I only know how to animate by moving objects around their origin point, but the individual links have to rotate around their mounting bolts on the strut for the suspension and around the main gear's trunnion while retracting. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, probably related to parent objects or something like that.

Maty, I would encourage you to visit FSDeveloper.com where a large segment of the Blender crowd shares and assists others to break these knowledge barriers.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Milton ShupeMaty, I would encourage you to visit FSDeveloper.com where a large segment of the Blender crowd shares and assists others to break these knowledge barriers.tankerguy72Maty Check out these two videos hopefully theyll help a bit.
    Thanks, guys. I will probably make a thread on FSDeveloper whenever I can remember to. In the meantime I've been trying to get the performance specs right. I've got the fuel tanks in the right place and all the crew positions, as well as the proper weights and CG. Having some problems in that area (engines not responding to throttle inputs plus something very wrong with the wing causing an extreme pitch down when spawning in the air), I'll look through some other aircraft like the Goose to see how to do things and also post about it over on FSDeveloper.

Members who have read this thread: 2