Incoming: Miviz 'Advanced Series' - T-38A - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incoming: Miviz 'Advanced Series' - T-38A

Dave, this is a "Smart Installer" and will only give you options for the actual simulators you have installed. Since I have four sim versions installed, of course I get multiple choices, of which I can choose one at a time.

1. FSX (disk)
    2. FSX:SE (Side-by-Side)
    3. P3D v2
    4. P3D v3
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Hi,

If we had known about the sound looping effect, we would have fixed it. To that end, we have assigned a sound knowledgable person to that for tmrw. An update will be released shortly with that, at least, fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Dave, this is a "Smart Installer" and will only give you options for the actual simulators you have installed. Since I have four sim versions installed, of course I get multiple choices, of which I can choose one at a time.

1. FSX (disk)
    2. FSX:SE (Side-by-Side)
    3. P3D v2
    4. P3D v3
    Cheers Bill.. too smart for me! I only have FSX (Disk) installed and get one option FSX/FSX Steam so I can't see why FSX and Steam are 'as one' in this case. Regardless.. I've now installed it 3 times (this time with AV off (MSE) during the install. It does actually trim now though I'm not seeing how to control the 'Advanced Options' unless it's purely through the realism slider from within FSX. My exe is listed as RC4v3.151207 which I find a bit odd. Is it normal to have release candidate numeration on a release version? Can't say I've looked that hard before as they've all worked straight out of the box.

As for the sound Kat.. all you have to do is go to spot view and you'll hear the loop
    ATB
    DaveB

Hi,

Did you watch the video? It tells you exactly how to open the failures and realism menu. You should absolutely have all of your realism sliders to the max.

Thank you.

Kat

Hi Kat..

No.. I only usually watch these videos when (for example) I can't remember the startup procedure. With the ADV.. I don't have to as it starts with engines running unlike the standard version which starts cold and dark. That said.. I've just watched it and it was very informative.. especially pointing out where the T-38 options menu is or in my case.. where it should be. I don't have that menu in addons. I've checked dll.xml after each install and was surprised to see no entry for the T-38. Perhaps that points to my difficulties?
    ATB
    DaveB

Hi,

Whilst I wish I could help you, I am only the wife of Colin and not exactly able to either assess or deal with issues of any kind. I strongly suggest that you get on the forums for your issue(s).

Thank you

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

If we had known about the sound looping effect, we would have fixed it. To that end, we have assigned a sound knowledgable person to that for tmrw. An update will be released shortly with that, at least, fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.
    BTW, No other Milviz offering that I own has a problem with sound loops. Guess I'll swap in the F4 sound set. LOL. Or even better the F86!
    -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I have both the F-86 and the T-38 and I must say I fly the T-38 more than any other jet. It is a total challenge to land properly. I don't think you'd ever regret getting the Talon.

I can't comment extensively, but as mentioned by Kat, if you bring up any issues or problems in the support forum, they'll address it.

Demands on my time meant that the first time I got to take a good look at it was because I needed a screenshot for the front page banner on the MV site, but I had absolutely zero issues with the install into FSX Steam.

I'd give plenty of details on how my plans for a five minute flight to grab a screenie turned into a couple of really fun hours, but I'm likely biased by association, so no-one should really listen to me!
    Jim Stewart

[QUOTE=JimmyRFR;996139...I'm likely biased by association, so no-one should really listen to me![/QUOTE]

And yet we're listening.

Have heard and seen enough and was going to buy tonight, but then one of my cats took over my flightsim chair. Tomorrow, maybe...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi,

Whilst I wish I could help you, I am only the wife of Colin and not exactly able to either assess or deal with issues of any kind. I strongly suggest that you get on the forums for your issue(s).

Thank you

Kat.
    Forgive me Kat.. I didn't realise you were Colin's SWMBO! Email sent a few moments ago asking for registration instructions
    ATB
    DaveB

Icon25

This is great . Just done my first flight and I had my work cut out for sure . This will keep me going for a long time yet . . Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Cheers Bill.. too smart for me! I only have FSX (Disk) installed and get one option FSX/FSX Steam so I can't see why FSX and Steam are 'as one' in this case.
    That is because as far as your computer is concerned, there is no difference at all between FSX (Disk) and FSX (Steam), as long as FSX (Steam) has been installed on a newly formatted system. That is what the first install option handles.

Anyone who has both FSX (Disk) and FSX (Steam) installed will see two choices, one for FSX (Disk) and another for FSX:SE (Side-by-Side). They could then choose either option, or even both by running the installer again.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I know these are F-5's and not T-38's but I would love to see one or both of these paints on the jet
    http://www.airfighters.com/photo/152...ger-II/160792/
    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/...b08d8a5a_b.jpg
    They would make great aggressors for teaching the basics of acm.

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

OK, I'm now a T-38 Advanced owner and have a question for the gallery. Is anyone having trouble installing under FSX Steam Edition? My install runs fine, but I have no T-38 item in the add-ons pulldown menu, so I can't access the realism menu. Realism is set to "hard." Engines won't start - I get the ticking sound but no increase in RPM. Checked the dll.xml and found no references to the T-38, which I suspect is the issue. Went looking to see if the necessary lines were written somewhere else but so far haven't been able to find them. Uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed, all with antivirus off, but no joy. This isn't an official support request - I've asked for access to the support forum and I'm waiting to hear back. Happy to pursue the issue there. But I thought I'd ask here informally to see if anybody else has run into a similar problem, and what you did about it. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Alan_A; December 13th, 2015 at 15:41.

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    OK, I'm now a T-38 Advanced owner and have a question for the gallery. Is anyone having trouble installing under FSX Steam Edition? My install runs fine, but I have no T-38 item in the add-ons pulldown menu, so I can't access the realism menu. Realism is set to "hard." Engines won't start - I get the ticking sound but no increase in RPM. Checked the dll.xml and found no references to the T-38, which I suspect is the issue. Went looking to see if the necessary lines were written somewhere else but so far haven't been able to find them. Uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed, all with antivirus off, but no joy. This isn't an official support request - I've asked for access to the support forum and I'm waiting to hear back. Happy to pursue the issue there. But I thought I'd ask here informally to see if anybody else has run into a similar problem, and what you did about it. Thanks in advance!
    I'm not qualified to give support, so my posting in response doesn't count as such. However, I can tell you that I had no issues installing into FSX Steam. It's also worth noting that there is no addition to the dll.xml file, even though I do indeed have a menu option in my Addons menu, 'Add-ons/T-38A Failures Menu'. But if you don't have such a menu appearing, I'm guessing there is an issue that you need official support for.

I was able to get the aircraft started and in the air with no issues & without reading the manual, by following the youtube video on a second screen, pausing it each step of the way, and replicating the actions it it.
    Jim Stewart

Thanks, good to know the dml.xml isn't a problem but something's definitely off. I'll hang loose and wait for support forum access. Appreciate the information. Standing by...

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi,

Due the extreme complexity of this particular aircraft, we've been waiting till we find a coder who is capable of dealing with it.

We have found that coder but he is dealing with some other issues but will start, with luck, in the new year.

Thank you.

Kat
    This is confusing Kat. I see it on the Milviz site as for sale, but if I understand it, the ADV version is not yet available, given that your coder has apparently not started?

So what version is for sale?

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

I think Kat was referring to the "C" model, as that was asked about in the previous post.

That's correct Dave The T-38A and T-38A ADV are the two models currently available
    ATB
    DaveB

The T-38C is sitting in the hanger awaiting the avionics shop to do their thing. Fortunately, I've got a 2GB hanger so it's not taking up too much room...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Just a HU that Milviz have released an update v3.151212 (full model) for the release T-38A ADV which addresses the aforementioned sound-loop. They work fine for me

However.. I'm still seeing the model loading 'hot' and there's no failure config in the Addons dropdown. I've posted as such at Milviz
    ATB
    DaveB

I've solved my startup problem (user error - I was selecting ground power but not clicking on the icon to turn it on). But still no T-38 item in the add-ons pulldown, so no access to the failure control panel. Am now working the issue over on the Milviz support forum.

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi,

We have fixed (and will be sending out soon, if not already) the looping sound issue.

We will also be sending out the update and the ADV to all of our vendors.

Thank you.

Kat.

Just an update to report that thanks to the support forum, I've solved my problem accessing the failure generator. It requires the 2013 version of the Visual C++ redistributable (x86), which I hadn't installed. Managed a hot start my first time running the failure system. Fun! Off to cause more damage now...

-- Saint-Exupery

Members who have read this thread: 0