Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JustFlight DeHavilland Dove & Devon Out 1-15

On the positive side the Gulfhawk is now available
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Bazzar, wish you and Team all a very Merry Christmas

DC

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I think this is not the way to address any developer on this forum.

Cees
    So what is the political correct way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    So what is the political correct way to do it?
    I quoted Speedy, not you. He's making a few presumption that I find mildly offensive. Sounds almost like a threat?

Releasing too many aircraft with too many faults will eventually stick to the developer and they will be avoided.

There are several of them and we all know most of them.

After all, Donny, this is a game, nothing more. Off course it's the best game there is, in which
    Bazzar invests a lot of his time. But let's not loose focus or patience.

Cees

Is it any wonder not many developers post here - they are hounded by some for putting out anything short of the perfect add-on (even for $20!), yet when a product takes a little longer than some may have hoped to get right, they get hounded for the delayed release. Unbelievable.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    In my honest opinion there are many people here who need to sit back and have a good think and put their brain into gear before they start pounding their keyboards churning inflammatory remarks about our great developers.

I am not involved in the testing of the Dove/Devon but was involved with the F-27. While I am not a pilot it may surprise you just how many beta testers actually have time on the aircraft they are helping test. With the F-27 there were at least 4 with time on the aircraft. It was the same with the Aztec. There were at least 2 who had time on that aircraft.

Some people seem to think that once a developer has completed the initial model that it should then be released. How many developers have actually flown a Spitfire, P-51 or any other warbird? I doubt that Bazz had any flight hours on the Connie, DC-6, Viscount or DC-3 or that he had an intimate knowledge of these aircraft. This is why beta testers are needed and hopefully some of these have got hours in that aircraft.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat , I was lucky to go twin engine rating after helping out doing some artwork for the "Barnstormers" who operated out off Wigram , the owner Dave, a Air New Zealand training Cap gave me a call a few days before .. Oooo Yes ... course I was just a sack of spuds but I was up for well over two hours .. engine feather, left running on idol .. one thing pointed out recent, or least was told, they don't to fly well on single engine nor do they like mid flight startups, landing into short field West Melton just west off Christchurch , topping up he tanks and off we went again , sure he was trying everything to checking the up and coming pilot Myles out to get his twin engine rating but it was one hell of a ride.

Something I can only dream of now Ian. In my younger days I actually started taking lessons. Then an app called 'wife' installed itself and slowed things a little but then she installed an app called 'kids'. That, and witnessing a mid-air collision between a Dove and a Navajo near YSBK it sort of put the skids on things. Eventually the 'wife' app decided to uninstall itself but by then I had developed diabetes and could not pass a medical at that time. These days "Uncle Arthar" would not even allow me to climb into a Cessna to take lessons. So P3D V3.1 is the closest I can get to flying these days.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    So P3D V3.1 is the closest I can get to flying these days.
    Hey Matey , least it dose get very real in a sense turn the lights off at night, have a map and small torch ... course the in-flight drinks and away you go

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    In my honest opinion there are many people here who need to sit back and have a good think and put their brain into gear before they start pounding their keyboards churning inflammatory remarks about our great developers.

I am not involved in the testing of the Dove/Devon but was involved with the F-27. While I am not a pilot it may surprise you just how many beta testers actually have time on the aircraft they are helping test. With the F-27 there were at least 4 with time on the aircraft. It was the same with the Aztec. There were at least 2 who had time on that aircraft.

Some people seem to think that once a developer has completed the initial model that it should then be released. How many developers have actually flown a Spitfire, P-51 or any other warbird? I doubt that Bazz had any flight hours on the Connie, DC-6, Viscount or DC-3 or that he had an intimate knowledge of these aircraft. This is why beta testers are needed and hopefully some of these have got hours in that aircraft.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    I agree 100% with all that you say. I was once part of a successful freeware Development Team that created light aircraft for FS2004. We couldn't keep to original deadlines (as snags always cropped up) as we wanted to get the product out, that was to the best of our knowledge accurate and thus avoiding any detrimental comments from downloaders. Everything takes time and even when something is so wanted, sadly the goods aren't available at the 'deadline' date. Good things come to those who wait as the saying goes. In the end we dropped release dates and just issued as and when. Made life a lot simpler and better for us as then we weren't releasing a sub standard item.

As to Beta Testers, I had a lot of experience on some of the types modelled (even though one downloader didn't like one particular aeroplane saying that it didn't look or fly right - but then he had only seen a photo in a book before!) and then if none of us knew the aeroplane personally we always went out to find current or previous owners. Better to do it right than not at all. Otherwise what was the point? Everything would fly the same, but then not many people would realise that as they had no experience of the real thing. That was the main point to recreate within the confines of the simulator software, a file that represented as much as possible the real aeroplane. It's meant to be a simulator (I've personally never thought it to be a game!).

It's now Christmas and a lot of us have more important things to consider than sitting in front of a screen. JF and AH have lives away from Computers, just like the rest of us and so the Devon will be released when I presume all the bugs have been terminated.

I am now an advisor on a major sim product, having been involved with the type for over 30 years. Not the first time I have been asked, but am so pleased to play what is really a small part in a large project, but am dedicated like the rest of the team to produce something that is 100% accurate. Isn't that what we all want in the end?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hey Matey , least it dose get very real in a sense turn the lights off at night, have a map and small torch ... course the in-flight drinks and away you go
    There is nothing better .

Cheers
    Pat

This conversation reminds me a little of the old Alphasim forums and the battles we fought over the "are we there yet syndrome?" Now, that was quite a few years ago and yet I hear some of the same conversation going on today. Having been a moderator back in the day, it finally got to the point where the boss dumped the whole forum. That was kinda sad for some of us. But time marches on and here we are with new and better aircraft, that we only could have imagined back in the day.

What a gift!

So it occurs to me that perhaps we have new generations of flight simmers exhibiting some of the familiar behaviors and asking some of the same old questions that many of us grew up through and beyond.

Fact is there is so much testing and tweaking that goes into these releases it's hard to imagine why any of us would subject ourselves to sitting in front of a computer screen day after day in an attempt to make these "make-believe models" as perfect as we can. These are, in most cases, if not all, labors of love.

I can tell you for a fact that nobody is getting rich doing this stuff. But we do it because, I know you've heard this before, we love doing it (old news). Now come on tell the truth, what's better than seeing a post for a brand new model that you've always loved and have been waiting for and here it is finally arrived. Man what a rush.

So sit back, take it easy, load up your favorite ride and check out the countryside, and take comfort in the fact that the wheels are turning, maybe not as fast as everyone would like, but are turning never-the-less. And pretty soon that one special plane you've been hoping for will be downloading and waiting for you at your favorite airport.

Happy Flying!

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    "are we there yet syndrome?"
    Your right there Mal, for a start I loved the old Alphasim forums and really missed it , I have noticed over the last couple of years and I'm sure it was Captain Sim - it was with their 737 - that started it and more recent MILVIZ has followed with Phantom, you go out and buy an incomplete model at a the reduced price, thing is its great following thru and seeing the build as they add more and more to it, that is were one can understand what is involved but also If notices something incorrect you can PM the developer and ask or query.

The flip side to the coin , you always get the ones who don't read what they are buying then openly go out and complain or knock it before its already known completion , guess its the same story with VC versus 2D , that was a mission to change peoples ideas .... the old saying .... Ya dammed if you do and your dammed if you don't! ....

The Dove/Devon is now available: http://www.justflight.com/product/dh104-dove-and-devon

Enjoy
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    The Dove/Devon is now available: http://www.justflight.com/product/dh104-dove-and-devon

Enjoy
    Thank You!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Congratulations on finishing the DH104 to JustFlight and Aeroplane Heaven. A very tempting aircraft indeed...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

Enjoy

And pretty she is!! Thanks!
    Anneke

Thanks Martyn. I'll pick it up over the weekend.

A very classy aeroplane, one well worth waiting for.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I know what I'm doing tonight!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Sold! I took it for a quick spin, and it seems to be a keeper. Thanks, JF.

Looking forward to seeing all the repaints this one generates, particulary N-registered planes. There were quite a lot of colorful operators worldwide.
    -Mark

Icon2

That looks like an airplane that I will most likely purchase. I used to fly from Auburn, Alabama, to Atlanta, Georgia, on one many years ago. Seems like the little airline was called South East Airlines.

I plan to wait until next Tuesday for the ten percent Tuesday sale plus a have a gift certificate that I need to redeem.

RD

Wouldn't it have been better to start a new thread about this peaceful little Dove being released and make THAT a sticky instead of this old one which is already a bit 'tainted' ?.....

Seems just not fair to me, she deserves a fresh start !

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Wouldn't it have been better to start a new thread about this peaceful little Dove being released and make THAT a sticky instead of this old one which is already a bit 'tainted' ?.....

Seems just not fair to me, she deserves a fresh start !

Cheers,
    Jan

Exactly +1 Javis
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Exactly +1 Javis
    +1 from this post of Martyn.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1002120
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 1