Gecko New Environment Mod

Thread: Gecko New Environment Mod

I was flying ETO with Gecko's mod, and it worked great. However, I heard about AnKor's shaders and wanted to try them as well. It seems that the two mods don't work with each other though, first my water textures disappeared, and then my game started crashing after the movie. Is there any way to make fix the problem/conflict, or is there a version newer than 2.0? Uninstalling the mod fixed the problem, but I miss the effects.

SOH-CM-2020
    Yes there are incompatibilities you are better sticking with Ankor's package. One thing you could try is to bring some of Gecko's changes to the shaders.xml across. With a bit of experimentation you should get some benefits. I have a slightly modified shaders.xml with Ankors shaders.

merger3, welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed them. Also glad you backed everything up and were able to get Ankor's mod working. You can try shaders.xml edits if you like, but personally I just use a stock shaders.xml with Ankor's shaders. The parts that are compatible with Ankor's shaders are as follows:
    -suneffect.xml
    -the weather files
    -all the textures except those in the effects/fxtextures folder. These are the water textures and they will not look right in Ankor's shaders.
    -I can't recall if panoramic_cubic_test.dds is compatible or not.

2.0 is the latest version. Eventually I plan to do another release that is fully compatible with Ankor's shaders but I've got too much on my plate right now.

No rush gecko. I installed everything but the shaders.xml and the water files and both mods worked with seemingly most of the effects. I'll try modding the shaders.xml and see if I can get that working.

Members who have read this thread: 0