Piper Aztec Steams ahead - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Piper Aztec Steams ahead

Icon13

I have the Swift from AH, it is nice plane and it is very sad, that they do not going to make Aztec for non-steam version of FSX.

I have only the FSX / Steam version in my ASUS laptop. I can't load the boxed version of FSX........I have built it up just like it was in my windows 7 rig. I manually install everything. Don't worry. Just move the files in.
    ......and thank you all for all you creations for FSX!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Personally, I'd be happy if I could get all my FSX content through Steam. A full reinstall of all my FTX products takes literally a couple of days to figure out what's been updated, download new installers, unwrap and install them one by one... Just the thought of how easy that would be in Steam...

Sorry, started daydreaming there. I'm sure I had another point to add to the conversation, but I'll leave it at that, since now I'm kinda depressed!
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Maybe I'm jaundiced, but a Steam-only product will surely only be available through Steam?

Re Alabeo, their products (and Caranedo's) usually LOOK better than competitors, but underneath the eye-candy can be a different experience...

Cheers
    Keith
    The person who is developing the flight model for the Alabeo Aztec is Bernt Stolle, a professional pilot and highly-regarded designer of flight models. Bernt Stolle says that he has a special attachment for the Aztec since it is the plane that he got his multi-engine rating in.

So, I doubt that the Alabeo Aztec will be "a different experience...underneath the eye-candy."

Sorry to Hijack the thread

I want the Aztec

So if I install FSX steam on my computer ( different hard drive) will that ruin my normal FSX installation as it will overwrite FSX config and such things?

Thanks for an answer

Roland

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Aeroplane Heaven have made a business decision with one of their products, which is their good right to do, like it or not. Depending the results (Sales!) they may or may not change their strategy for future products. Time will tell if they've made the right decision I guess.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    The person who is developing the flight model for the Alabeo Aztec is Bernt Stolle, a professional pilot and highly-regarded designer of flight models. Bernt Stolle says that he has a special attachment for the Aztec since it is the plane that he got his multi-engine rating in.

So, I doubt that the Alabeo Aztec will be "a different experience...underneath the eye-candy."

Oh, the flight model will be perfect... its Bernt, but it will have the frame performance of a still live drawing in charcoal.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Oh, the flight model will be perfect... its Bernt, but it will have the frame performance of a still live drawing in charcoal.
    Perhaps you should qualify that by adding "on my machine". I get no performance hit with Alabeo on mine.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Perhaps you should qualify that by adding "on my machine". I get no performance hit with Alabeo on mine.
    I shall qualify that...

I like to fly with pretty scenery, my rig munches the latest AAA studio games on high settings, 8 cores, 16gb ram, dual GTX 660 cards and P3D3.

I like to have more than two trees and a hut to populate a town, with full settings, most addons run perfectly at 40-50fps. Including A2A accusim aircraft. And I mean full... everything on max. It's great. It looks stunning, and it flys smoothly at the aforementioned FPS.

Anything by Alabeo and Carenado released in the last 2 years or so since the Sr22., takes a huge steaming performance dump. Sim performance grinds, and the quality suffers hugely.

qualified enough?

Everyone has different hardware/software drivers, settings, preferences and expectations. On my system (with how I like to configure things) P3Dv3 represented a 30-50% frame rate hit compared with FSX and even at that the anti-aliasing was still far from satisfactory. Consequently I uninstalled it two days ago and will continue with only FSX, until I have a more powerful system. Ironically Alabeo aircraft have a negligible impact on my system.
    Mike Mann

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Personally, I'd be happy if I could get all my FSX content through Steam. A full reinstall of all my FTX products takes literally a couple of days to figure out what's been updated, download new installers, unwrap and install them one by one... Just the thought of how easy that would be in Steam...

Sorry, started daydreaming there. I'm sure I had another point to add to the conversation, but I'll leave it at that, since now I'm kinda depressed!
    no kidding this would be wonderful!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Sorry to Hijack the thread

I want the Aztec

So if I install FSX steam on my computer ( different hard drive) will that ruin my normal FSX installation as it will overwrite FSX config and such things?

Thanks for an answer

Roland
    I installed FSX:SE on my system, although it is worthless to me because of the lack of Multiplayer Direct Connect, and I simply
    created another user account to install FSX:SE into. That kept it completely isolated from my FSX installation.

This is particularly important for those that have A2A Accu-Sim aircraft and do not want the FSX:SE and FSX aircraft
    state and maintenance data to be 'shared' between the two sims, which WILL happen if they are installed in the
    same user account.

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBaron View Post
    I installed FSX:SE on my system, although it is worthless to me because of the lack of Multiplayer Direct Connect...

Paul
    Paul, from what I've heard, the direct connect is still available but only to a dedicated FSX-SE server. I see the options in the multiplayer section for direct connect.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Paul, from what I've heard, the direct connect is still available but only to a dedicated FSX-SE server. I see the options in the multiplayer section for direct connect.
    Henry, the last time I checked the "Direct Connect" option was there but it did not function at all.

I fly exclusively online on the DigitalThemePark servers with the 91st Bombardment Group and the DTP servers only allow the FSX box version to connect. It seems that DTG changed the multiplayer communications in some way that makes the FSX:SE version incompatible with the boxed version. The two sims can not exist in the same virtual world it seems.

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBaron View Post
    Henry, the last time I checked the "Direct Connect" option was there but it did not function at all.

I fly exclusively online on the DigitalThemePark servers with the 91st Bombardment Group and the DTP servers only allow the FSX box version to connect. It seems that DTG changed the multiplayer communications in some way that makes the FSX:SE version incompatible with the boxed version. The two sims can not exist in the same virtual world it seems.

Paul
    Good to know. I have flown online with FSX-SE a couple of times and it was thru a published server.

I wont be re installing FSX SE or FSX I use P3d V3 its way more stable i was looking forward to this aircraft I wont be Buying any More airplane heaven Planes Only Will be geting Carenado and Alabeo There planes work better anyways i liked the Planes i got from AH Though For what they did they lost Me on any Other addons

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Wow. Some very polarized opinions on this page.

Support for one platform over another on a single release from a quality developer hardly qualifies for such vilification. Especially when that developer has a reputation for producing easy to use, unique aircraft and selling them for very reasonable amounts. And, unlike certain other developers, actually interacts with the community.

Give them room folks.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    it would be the same - except if you buy a Steam version of your house or car, you can go anywhere in the world (that has an internet signal) and have your house or car there in seconds - without any additional cost..and if you lose your house or car (or your physical FSX discs) you can just download the Steam version over and over and over - with no added cost.

Haha!!! Yes, I see myself in the future moving my entire simulator rig to multiple different locations that have wifi. NO

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Wow. Some very polarized opinions on this page.

Support for one platform over another on a single release from a quality developer hardly qualifies for such vilification. Especially when that developer has a reputation for producing easy to use, unique aircraft and selling them for very reasonable amounts. And, unlike certain other developers, actually interacts with the community.

Give them room folks.
    That's how the consumer marketplace works. If a company with dedicated customers makes a big change, they should expect many comments and opinions from their dedicated customers, who have every right to voice their concerns since they've spent money with said company, most of us on multiple occasions. If they can't take the opinions and criticism then that kind of thin skin shouldn't be in the business..

Maybe conclusion could be that we have to many different Flightsims at one time. Just like other spoiled kids we want everything to work everywhere all the time. And let it be dead cheap or free.
    Life was easyer in the "good old days"

I have three of AH's current offerings and enjoy all of them. It is disappointing that the "Steam Only" delivery has been placed on the Aztec as I was looking forward to the plane. I understand business decisions have to be made, but this just seems to be more of a "mafia" style approach from DTG rather than AH....."You only sell here and we get more FSX customers and you get a bigger cut" or................Yes I agree that Steam will be the future of FSX but to put pressure on LM by these methods (oh wait P3D models aren't backwards compatible) just seems to be too much tit for tat. It's their decision as a retailer and mine as a customer......SMH disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    That's how the consumer marketplace works. If a company with dedicated customers makes a big change, they should expect many comments and opinions from their dedicated customers, who have every right to voice their concerns since they've spent money with said company, most of us on multiple occasions. If they can't take the opinions and criticism then that kind of thin skin shouldn't be in the business..

Except.... we're not talking about purely rational criticism. And as for opinions, as the say goes - opinions are like...

In addition, we're also talking about a developer that continually engages with the community. Want them to stop doing that? Want to create a hostile, toxic environment that they no longer want to be part of? Being a customer does not, in my opinion, give anyone the right to act with a lack of basic decency and respect.

Some of the concerns raised in this thread are expressions of valid thought and respectful opinions. Others, not so much...
    Jim Stewart

I'm just worried about Dovetail ruffling up the feathers of the Dove's tail too. You know what i'm saying ?...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I'm just worried about Dovetail ruffling up the feathers of the Dove's tail too. You know what i'm saying ?...
    The Dove will be released by just Flight, Jan.

:-)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

AH! ummmm.... JF! Atta, boy! Thanks!

(because of all the turbulence here must've forgotten about that... been waiting too long for my precious Dove to see it being lured into another dovecote... )

Members who have read this thread: 0