ConfigOverrides.xml and cfs3config.exe going in circles

Thread: ConfigOverrides.xml and cfs3config.exe going in circles

ConfigOverrides.xml and cfs3config.exe going in circles

Every time I get a new video card driver, and it's quite often, I have to run the cfs3config.exe again. This removes the ConfigOverrides.xml file. I saved the old file that I had modified like I wanted. I copied and pasted it back in but when I went back to the game it said I needed to run cfs3config.exe again. I tried running the game, after running cfs3config.exe, so it would put the ConfigOverride file back in and then replace with the saved file, also tried cut and past for a block of the lines, using the edit function, but it still makes me run cfs3config.exe again which takes me back to square one. Is there a way I don't have to go in and edit ConfigOverrides.xml item by item?

Don't know if it works but someone said in the past to set those two files to read-only so when graphics drivers update, and your cfs3config.exe detects the change they won't keep changing or resetting. Someone else will know more about this.

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

The game checks 2 lines in the configOverrides.xml file to see if it is current with your graphics driver files. The lines look like this:

<VersionNumberLowPart val="857868"/>
    <VersionNumberHighPart val="655378"/>

What you should do is:
    1. run cfs3config.exe
    2. copy these two lines
    3. paste them in your back-up master xml file and save
    4. substitute the revised master back-up for the one created when you ran cfs3config.exe.

I've found that once I've done that I can use the same one to update all of my various installs.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks MajorMagee, that is exactly what I was looking for. I will try this at the next driver update.

@MajorMAgee that's not an auto fix but a good manual one, not having to redo all the settings again.

to anyone reading with same problem with graphics driver update.. the file they are talking about is located in the

C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Members who have read this thread: 0