RealAir Spitfire - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RealAir Spitfire

It seems you have to be signed in now, I've asked Jaykae what's what...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Got It! Thanks, use to not have to log in to get any downloads, now that I logged in, that made all the difference.

Thanks ijay and Jankees for the HU.

Blog Entries

How in heck do you sign in????

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Got It! Thanks, use to not have to log in to get any downloads, now that I logged in, that made all the difference.

Thanks ijay and Jankees for the HU.
    I get the page for about a fraction of a second and it goes away...
    where is this link on the far top right????????????

G.

here's a dropbox link for those who can't login on OZx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xo4g2qi2vf...PA944.zip?dl=0
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Thanks JanKees!

944 Video

In your readme, I viewed the very interesting story about the pilot and this plane (944) from the youtube link your provided. Thanks for sharing this info with us.

A great story of the actual pilot and his account of the mission and wheels up landing. He seemed very impressed with the Spit. Very well done video and thank you Jankees for

doing up a great paint.

Blog Entries

Where can the aircraft itself be downloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    here's a dropbox link for those who can't login on OZx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xo4g2qi2vf...PA944.zip?dl=0
    Is the airplane available anywhere?
    G.

I uploaded the shiny US paint as well:

Link to the paint on OZx: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...ix-usaaf-ep-a/

I'd love some feedback on this one.....

I would love to have a close look at the shiny one, but I'm afraid what ever I try to do to get access to Aussiex.org it simply doesn't work .

A puzzled Huub

I am getting "Something went wrong. Please try again" from the link above. It will let me sign in, though, and then find the file and download it.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Thank you JK for all your paints!

Shiny US Paint

Some Pics of that shiny blue paint taking off in dawns early light from KNQA at 07:30 hrs.

Note: I paused the screen and as I panned, I snapped these. Notice the bright reflection of sunrise and as I rotated the views the reflection changes.

Thanks Jankees for the nice paint. Were all the Blue US Spitfires photo recons?

Last edited by gray eagle; December 18th, 2015 at 06:03.

Couple More

Huub, apparently, you need to login at OZx before you can download at the moment, no idea why this is the case at the moment...

gray eagle, all photorecon Spitfires were in principle blue, both US and RAF ones. The one you show was a 'private' aircraft, and should be bare metal. Did I make it too blue? (This may sound as a stupid question, but I am rather colorblind..)

and the fun bit about Spitfires is that you can just continue painting them:

here, I'm not 100% sure about the color, Foliage Green. What do you think, too light?
    And yes, it should be a Mk VIII, but close enough I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Huub, apparently, you need to login at OZx before you can download at the moment, no idea why this is the case at the moment...

gray eagle, all photorecon Spitfires were in principle blue, both US and RAF ones. The one you show was a 'private' aircraft, and should be bare metal. Did I make it too blue? (This may sound as a stupid question, but I am rather colorblind..)

Now I am confused, here is part of your readme in your (JK_RealAir_Spitfire_USAAF_EP-A.zip):
    This folder contains a repaint for the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX by Real Air. It shows USAAF Spitfire IXc EP-A, which was the personal aircraft of Lt.Col. E.P. Allen of the 9th Tactical Air Command, England, 1944. Rumour has it he traded his Mustng with the RAF for this Spitfire.

It looks blue to me and I thought that it was supposed to be blue.

so no photorecon, but rather the 'personal'aircraft of Col Allen. It has no camera's either.
    As for the color, if it looks blue to you, then possibly it is blue(ish perhaps?), that would be my mistake then..it looks light grey to me, but as I said, I have no idea

It doesn't look blue to me JK. I had to search to make sure which paint ge was talking about.

GE.. your screenies don't look blue mate. Might it be how you're seeing it on your monitor?
    Atb
    DaveB

Doesn't look blue to me either, although in P3dv3 it does seem shinier. May be due a different environment map.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post

When I look at color and pan from left to right/ sunny side and other side the hue looks a tad blue, It's no biggie to me. It looks really nice, I'm just curious at to what color
    it is supposed to be. At any rate, it is an attractive paint.

Earlier (in link below) you posted some samples of this plane, and based on that, it does look more of a bare shiny aluminum (no blue).

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?49112-A2A-Spitfire-out!/page13

so let's leave the metal ones for now, and concentrate on a few Ozzies. RAF Spits very rarely sported any kind of noseart, but I found a few RAAF ones that did:

any comments? And what did you make of the color of the RAAF spit I posted earlier. Not too blue, was it?

staying with the Australian theme, but back to the metal....

merry X-mas to all!

and yet anothyer Ozzie Spit slowly emerging from the paintshed:

Merry Christmas JK

What squadron is that? Wonder if they ever had a B code (DL-B)? That would go nicely with my Bader DB as another 'personal' mount

EDIT; 54 Squadron RAF. Codes KL, DL, HF. Can't find a DL-B though!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 3