Call for research material... (Fairchild C119G Boxcar) - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Call for research material... (Fairchild C119G Boxcar)

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Friends,
    A model without cargo doors (used for heavy loads drop) ?

yes, the doors could be taken off for delivery of outsized loads. In some cases by air drop, but also, for example artillery pieces transported with the trails hanging out the back of the plane.

Really excited by this project!

Any chance your FSX/P3D LDR C-119 Boxcar is still in development???

Tjsdn

Tjsdn 1375 You understand nothing right? 

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    My First Sergeant in the AF was a chief gunner aboard both AC-119Gs and AC-119Ks. From what he told me you are correct about the impressions one gained from flying in the aircraft - big, slow, bulky - but also immensely strong. His bird got a 37mm hit over the HCM trail one night, had a hole in the floor big enough to drop a VW through. This resulted in severe damage to the aircraft's hydraulics, fluid soaked the parachutes but they put them on anyway, maybe just for peace of mind. At any rate they got home all right. The birds must have been effective, he and all his squadron mates had prices on their heads.

I did ask him one time why he never transitioned into AC-130s, with all their improvements. His answer told you something about the -119's simplicity. He asked me which one I would rather try to escape from in an emergency - a high-rise hotel or a log cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by tjsdn1375 View Post
    Any chance your FSX/P3D LDR C-119 Boxcar is still in development???
    Tjsdn
    Yes, it is still being worked on. There is no time line for completion, but you'll know when everyone else does. Probably when it's posted here!

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    Tjsdn 1375 You understand nothing right? 
    Why? just understand anything? I can understand.....

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yes, it is still being worked on. There is no time line for completion, but you'll know when everyone else does. Probably when it's posted here!
    Oh, Okay I see...

Really looking forward to this one along with many others here . A classic old twin transport .

Rich

Just a teeny tiny little bump.

Any news/updates?
    I go a couple days forgetting this is a thing and then suddenly remember.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Really looking forward to this! You're doing a lovely job, on an ugly old bird. My grandfather worked in the factory in WWII. He always refered to them as "split tail b**tards."
    So I've always had a soft spot for the Fairchild.
    LOL
    Sue

Icon22

Hi Friends,
    Some pictures from an Italian C-119's restoration....

http://www.centroaeronauticoantoni.i...restauro_2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Just a teeny tiny little bump.

Any news/updates?
    I go a couple days forgetting this is a thing and then suddenly remember.
    It's still in progress SH427, one of the team is a little busy at the moment with harsh Canadian Winters, so we've partially shelved the project till he gets more time. We're still going, and it will still be done, don't worry!

Thanks ! Really looking forward to this. Love the Navion.
    sue

cant wait any longer when is this bird going to be release

Read my post literally two above this...

Due to one of the team being busy at the moment, there is a delay, but we will get it released as quickly as we can. I'm afraid there isn't much we can do to speed it up.

Drool ! Thanks for the update. We all have lives that interfere with our simming. We understand... I'd send him some Arizona sunshine if I could.
    LOL
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Drool ! Thanks for the update. We all have lives that interfere with our simming. We understand... I'd send him some Arizona sunshine if I could.
    LOL
    Sue
    Ahh, bump !

Hope this is still alive ?
    Sue

Hope this is still alive ?
    Sue
    Bump ! Still alive ? It's SUMMER !

Bump ! Still alive ? It's SUMMER !
    I haven't spoken to Larry or Rachael in a while concerning the 119, but I know they set it aside for various real world reasons and as yet I don't think they've gone back to it. Maybe one of them will see this "bumped" thread and comment further.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks! I appreciate your reply. I hope they do.
    Sue

Can't speak for Larry, but we've both been a little burned out with simming after a long run of developing. I know I worked on the Mallard for fs9 and FSX/p3d, and Milton's lodestar and ventura projects and a couple of Iris Jobs. It was a busy year. We will return to this... for sure, but we do plan to get back to it, please be paitent, this stuff is actually rather hard and time consuming, we will finish it, its not like its a year later, we started this in January really... a lot is done, its just real life happened.

Heck I'm off around the country a lot with work, and i get home, the last thing I want to do is develop and texture, I want to sit and game, sim, or relax... but we will have it!

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    Hello, Any new to the C-119??
    Nothing has changed. Don't look for any movement on this project. I can't say that it's dead certainly, but it's not going anywhere right now.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Just to let folks know I am back to working on this project after a lengthy lay-off. All the modelling changes have been made to the external model and the interior cargo area (except for maybe a couple of pieces of eye-candy like steps and loading ramps) and the VC is coming along by leaps and bounds since I came back. I still need to flesh out the central console and the overhead console but it's getting there.

This is what the VC looks like at the moment, I'm still mapping parts so that they can be textured.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-119_VC_zpswciczwuc.jpg  
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0