Call for research material... (Fairchild C119G Boxcar) - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Call for research material... (Fairchild C119G Boxcar)

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You're involved in the project? Well, it's in good hands then!
    WOW! Thank You Bjoern!
    Giving it my best shot.
    Roman

Just to let folks know, the C-119 Boxcar has officially hit the beta stage today. Hopefully the testers won't find too many bugs and we can get this bird out to you all ASAP.
    Larry

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Just to let folks know, the C-119 Boxcar has officially hit the beta stage today. Hopefully the testers won't find too many bugs and we can get this bird out to you all ASAP.

Pete.

This is outstanding news , anxiously awaiting release .

Rich

WAHOO !!! Great news!
    Thanks
    Sue

Wow, been following this thread with much anticipation. Great news.

Good luck in beta!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Really think everyone will be blown away by this airplane. Larry has done an amazing job, beyond amazing really to make this so much more than even he first anticipated. The flight deck really comes alive with all the switches, levers, buttons, etc. that make the Boxcar really awesome. The overhead panel is really something to behold and if you have TrackiR, everything is within view and easy to get to. Cuddo's as well to Rachael for the excellent texturing (interior and exterior) that has gone into the "119" and Roman for the amazing job he has done with coding the JATO system (which really functions) as well as the impressive "Slow Start" function for the engines. . .really cool to watch from the exterior. I think everyone will be impressed when it's finally released. . .and it shouldn't be too much longer now.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

dangit Falcon, first I was excited, now I'm ecstatic!
    (im)patiently waiting, trying to not throw my wallet at the screen
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    dangit Falcon, first I was excited, now I'm ecstatic!
    (im)patiently waiting, trying to not throw my wallet at the screen
    Hang onto that wallet. . .it's freeware!

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Really think everyone will be blown away by this airplane. Larry has done an amazing job, beyond amazing really to make this so much more than even he first anticipated. The flight deck really comes alive with all the switches, levers, buttons, etc. that make the Boxcar really awesome. The overhead panel is really something to behold and if you have TrackiR, everything is within view and easy to get to. Cuddo's as well to Rachael for the excellent texturing (interior and exterior) that has gone into the "119" and Roman for the amazing job he has done with coding the JATO system (which really functions) as well as the impressive "Slow Start" function for the engines. . .really cool to watch from the exterior. I think everyone will be impressed when it's finally released. . .and it shouldn't be too much longer now.
    JATO?! Woooo!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    JATO?! Woooo!
    Wooooo! er no......more like Whiiiiiine....Whooooooooooooooooosh!
    Larry

I do have to put my hands up and admit the delays are my fault at the moment... work is killing me and I'm lagging behind everyone else's fine work... The textures are in progress and heading towards finished... its a bit of a beast too... I nearly ran out of rivets, but won't be too much longer, hopefully by end of Beta, I can have something to go... if I'm allowed spare time that is.

Here are a few (still WIP textures) of the Boxcar:

Current System Specs:

Yall trying to get me to kick my beloved C-46s to the curb aint ya? With that, it might well be possible.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

The initial post displayed a bug that wasn't caught until I posted it. The Flight Deck view from the Cargo Area shows no shoulder harnesses or lap belts which was incorrect. Larry spotted it and made a minor correction and all is well now.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Yall trying to get me to kick my beloved C-46s to the curb ain't ya? With that, it might well be possible.
    She is a beauty and once the lines, rivets and special texture effects (bumps and specular) are all turned on it'll be a dandy!

Current System Specs:

As a Staff member here at The SOH I just had the opportunity to fly it tonight ... This aircraft is superb !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    As a Staff member here at The SOH I just had the opportunity to fly it tonight. . .This aircraft is superb!!! Mike
    Glad to hear that Mike, it has been fun to watch the progress first-hand and it's been a group effort that I feel confident will be well received!

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    I do have to put my hands up and admit the delays are my fault at the moment... work is killing me and I'm lagging behind everyone else's fine work... The textures are in progress and heading towards finished... its a bit of a beast too... I nearly ran out of rivets, but won't be too much longer, hopefully by end of Beta, I can have something to go... if I'm allowed spare time that is.
    We still love you. Real life has to come first. I can't fly much right now because I went back to college, and have to hit the books. Believe me, we understand !
    Sue

Beta Testing continues as do updates to what is already a real gem of an airplane. I know (since I am one) there are "autostart and go" simmers out there. Those of us who maybe labor through a few tries of a true aircraft startup procedure. . .laugh at the silliness of it all and go for the autostart button anyway. This airplane is so simple to start that even I have converted to using the standard startup. Larry has included camera views of the Co-Pilots seat, the lower portion of the overhead, upper portion, the center console, the Engineers stations, the Cargo Bay from the steps of the Flight Deck looking aft and the Cargo Bay from the Clamshell Doors looking fwd. Also included are options to select No Cargo, Jeeps, or Pallets.

With the Overhead view, startup is simple and it may actually convert many of the Autostart crowd. Either way, the "Bells and Whistles" are many and being added to almost daily as we await Rachael's final Textures. More to come.

Current System Specs:

and here's a gentle bump!
    I'm loving what I'm reading, so I hope it's not too far off now!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Impatience leads to the dark side and good things take a while!

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    and here's a gentle bump!
    I'm loving what I'm reading, so I hope it's not too far off now!
    Technically speaking, Larry has reached the "piddlin'" stage, lol. Very little if anything to do except wait on Rachael to produce the exterior textures (panel lines and rivets basically).

Current System Specs:

Hah, piddlin' he says!

The time waiting has been spent adding new features and improving what we already had! Roman has been bustin' a gut re-working all the 2D gauges from 8 bit to 24 bit textures and re-calibrating where necessary as some of them were way out of whack in terms of readings. Sounds have been added to all 3D switches, knobs and some levers and the 2D gauges (radios, knobs etc.) where needed. We also have sounds on the wipers now too.

The reverse prop function has been refined and the coding takes into account those pilots who have the standard jet reverse key (F2) programmed onto their controllers. Now hitting either F2 or your button will automatically pull back the prop pitch, enter the reverse state and then when you advance the throttles you get the full reverse prop effect (full manual control is also available). You can even reverse the prop on one side only which makes for very fancy manoeuvring on tight aprons (if you have twin throttles) as the aircraft will virtually spin in it's own length.
    Larry

Working on the textures, shouldn't be too long now, Work is killing me but I'm spending my rare free time on this to try to get it done!

Members who have read this thread: 0