Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    OK, Gunslinger Fans, here is a zip that has Don B.'s great panel mods WARNING - LARGE FILE. I have re-jigged the gauges to fit the VC.

Also, my air.cfg - NB: this is for ONLY taking the [lights] and [smoke] entries. These work together to get the AB effect to show properly. Deviate from that and you are at your own risk . .

This new model is VERY NICE - thanks Henk!!!

image hosting free
    Hi all. I put in the expat.zip with the new panel and effects. very very nice!

One problem. I get the lovely Boom from the AB kicking in, but it seems the afterburner is ALWAYS lit. I have to close the throttle completely to turn off the reheat. Whats going on with that?

I dont have that problem with any other jet I fly. So dont "think" its calibration on my saitek X-55 HOTAS set up.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Hi all. I put in the expat.zip with the new panel and effects. very very nice!

One problem. I get the lovely Boom from the AB kicking in, but it seems the afterburner is ALWAYS lit. I have to close the throttle completely to turn off the reheat. Whats going on with that?

I dont have that problem with any other jet I fly. So dont "think" its calibration on my saitek X-55 HOTAS set up.
    From browsing the xml code logic in "Reheat_Auto_LOGO.xml" the AB effect(s) should kick in/out at 90% throttle. Just went for a flight and it works for me and the flame goes away as I come below 90%. The internal glow changes from a yellow to an orange down to about 70%-80% then goes black. Smoke kicks in along the way. Seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    From browsing the xml code logic in "Reheat_Auto_LOGO.xml" the AB effect(s) should kick in/out at 90% throttle. Just went for a flight and it works for me and the flame goes away as I come below 90%. The internal glow changes from a yellow to an orange down to about 70%-80% then goes black. Smoke kicks in along the way. Seems to work fine.
    Be aware if you want to use other panel mods, you will loose the effects controller code that I included in the pack. The old Reheat_Auto_LOGO.xml code is not needed in FSX, instead make sure you use these panel.cfg lines from my pack - [Vcockpit01]:

gauge42=F-8_xml!Engine_FX, 10,10,20,20
    gauge43=F-8_xml!Systems_init, 10,10,20,20
    //gauge44=Shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1
    ;-------Gauge Carrier Operations v41 Nav1----------------------------
    gauge50=RFN_CarrierGauge!TACAN_Navigation, 0,0,100,112,Nav1
    gauge51=RFN_CarrierGauge!CustomCatapult, 0,0,20,20
    gauge52=RFN_CarrierGauge!Approach_Ctrl, 0,0,20,20,12.8
    gauge53=DSD_Sound_Gauge!Sound, 0,0,10,10

BTW: I will also do 1 or 2 short nose early models with the round radar scope VC. As it turns out it is not too much extra work, I can use most of the stuff I already did for the late models.

Just so that I understand and keep up with it all, this attached F8 Expat.zip goes with Don's F8 or the native one or what?
    Will Don B's liveries work with the new naive version? Don's textures were bmp's and the new one are dds files.

OK, Gunslinger Fans, here is a zip that has Don B.'s great panel mods WARNING - LARGE FILE. I have re-jigged the gauges to fit the VC.

Also, my air.cfg - NB: this is for ONLY taking the [lights] and [smoke] entries. These work together to get the AB effect to show properly. Deviate from that and you are at your own risk . .

This new model is VERY NICE - thanks Henk!!!

image hosting free

That zip just has Don's panel in it. It is also here in the Library and he put it together for use in the FS9 ported-over F-8. I tried it with Henk's new native FSX model and it 80% worked but I then needed to re-assign some of the gauge locations. The panel.cfg in the zip has these new assignments. As mentioned, I also added my air.cfg for people wishing to use the AB settings in the lights section.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Be aware if you want to use other panel mods, you will loose the effects controller code that I included in the pack. The old Reheat_Auto_LOGO.xml code is not needed in FSX, instead make sure you use these panel.cfg lines from my pack - [Vcockpit01]:

Thanks for this!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

That zip just has Don's panel in it. It is also here in the Library and he put it together for use in the FS9 ported-over F-8. I tried it with Henk's new native FSX model and it 80% worked but I then needed to re-assign some of the gauge locations. The panel.cfg in the zip has these new assignments. As mentioned, I also added my air.cfg for people wishing to use the AB settings in the lights section.
    So, your zip is just enhancements/modiications for Don's F-8 and not the new FSX Native right?

Short nose WIP (F-8C, VF-84 'Jolly Rogers', early 1960's)

So, your zip is just enhancements/modiications for Don's F-8 and not the new FSX Native right?
    Er, no, as stated before I did this for Hschuit's new native model. It is merely Don's panel with some VC gauges moved. The 2D panel is as is. I have a some other mods and gauges in there you may wish to pick&mix.

Short nose WIP (F-8C, VF-84 'Jolly Rogers', early 1960's)
    Looking great!

Er, no, as stated before I did this for Hschuit's new native model. It is merely Don's panel with some VC gauges moved. The 2D panel is as is. I have a some other mods and gauges in there you may wish to pick&mix.
    Ah so! It's for Hschuit's F8 Native. At first, it wasn't apparent to me when I first saw your zip file what it was for. Wonder if Don's liveries will work in the F8 Native? I know it would take some changing things (entries) in the CFG file.

What you said above would of been nice in a read me for dummies like me.

Sorry to be a little slow on picking this all up.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

New 2D wide panel for F-8 Crusader... 2 versions WIP

Did a little rework on this one...
    Will be available as usual... Will add rearview mirrors!

G.

Aboard the Oriskany

I have never been a purist like some who insist on only flying FSX native models. Probably 80% of what I fly are portovers. However, this native model flies much better, smooth and fluid on finals for traps. It is great. Now I need to relocate some more gauges in the VC - they seem to have moved again, maybe my too hard landings? Also, need a switch for that noisy fuel pump. Who needs Phantoms anyway??!!!

photo uploading

Version 2 is now up at the Warbirds Library, the most significant changes are:

- 2 extra short nose early models with round radar scope VC: US Navy F-8C + USMC F-8K
    - Updated burner can textures to make it look more like bare metal
    - Some minor fixes on the late E/J models

I'm enjoying this in Prepar3dv3 but there is no boom from the a/b. Any ideas?
    Never the less lovely work and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    I'm enjoying this in Prepar3dv3 but there is no boom from the a/b. Any ideas?
    Never the less lovely work and thanks
    Works for me in P3Dv2.5. The burner FX requires a stock FSX WAV file: Exp_Gen02.wav. Maybe this file is missing from your P3D \Sound folder ?

It does work in P3D3... I have it installed.

Thanks for the v.2! Having trouble with the AB sound effect - it kicks in way too early at about 8% throttle. Would like it at about 93%. It also repeats going off every 2 seconds sounding like a 40mm cannon! Is there a tweak in the effect.cfg I need to change?

Scratch that - it works fine with your panel (F-8C). I am using my modded Don B panel, so I need to troubleshoot some more . .

Henk Thank you for version 2 it all works for me. I like that one flap selection drops the flaps, leading edge flaps and tilts the wing. I really like your enhancements of Alphasim classics. The Alphasim freeware Voodoos would benefit from your techniques, you don't really need much sleep do you? But seriously thanks for all you have done on the Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Did a little rework on this one...
    Will be available as usual... Will add rearview mirrors!
    Looking forward to these new panels!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Henk Thank you for version 2 it all works for me. I like that one flap selection drops the flaps, leading edge flaps and tilts the wing. I really like your enhancements of Alphasim classics. The Alphasim freeware Voodoos would benefit from your techniques, you don't really need much sleep do you? But seriously thanks for all you have done on the Crusader.
    Thanks, here is a Voodoo WIP shot (DaveQ and falcon409 gave me permission to use their amazing paints):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alphasim_F-101C_wip.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Works for me in P3Dv2.5. The burner FX requires a stock FSX WAV file: Exp_Gen02.wav. Maybe this file is missing from your P3D \Sound folder ?
    I've just checked and the sound file is there but not being activated in the sim?

Version 2 is now up at the Warbirds Library, the most significant changes are:

- 2 extra short nose early models with round radar scope VC: US Navy F-8C + USMC F-8K
    - Updated burner can textures to make it look more like bare metal
    - Some minor fixes on the late E/J models
    Thanks again for all the effort that you have put into this FSX conversion. It is very much appreciated. I remembering purchasing the original FS2004 package from AlphaSim way back when. I have the same big grin on my face as I did back then! Runs just as smooth on my old fart computer too.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Thanks, here is a Voodoo WIP shot (DaveQ and falcon409 gave me permission to use their amazing paints):
    Henk at the age of 70 I believe in Santa Claus again.

Members who have read this thread: 0