Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Atmospheric, man!!
    Sorry Dave but what do you mean wi
    th 'atmospheric'? Here in Italy it's something about the weather I like to know new (for me) foreign expressions!!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Sorry Dave but what do you mean wi
    th 'atmospheric'? Here in Italy it's something about the weather I like to know new (for me) foreign expressions!!!
    It's used in UK to also mean giving the feeling of something, to evoke a memory or experience, in this case the photo is evocative of the black and white pictures of the 1960's, so it's 'atmospheric'! A good photo too!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    It's used in UK to also mean giving the feeling of something, to evoke a memory or experience, in this case the photo is evocative of the black and white pictures of the 1960's, so it's 'atmospheric'! A good photo too!

DaveQ
    Ok! Fully understood THANK you and happy landings!!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Of course you lost the contrails, you blocked them out in the [lights] section . Simply add them back with updated sequence no's and the contrails should work:

[lights]
    ;1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    ;6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logo, 10=cabin
    light.0 = 4, 23.00, 0.00, 2.00, fx_vclight_red
    light.1 = 5, 2.00, 3.00, -1.70, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old
    light.2= 9,-14.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_AB
    light.3= 9,-17.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_exh1
    light.4= 9,-17.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_exh

light.5 = 7, -11.46,-17.55, 1.33, fx_contrail_Alpha Viggen
    light.6 = 7, -11.46, 17.55, 1.33, fx_contrail_Alpha Viggen

FSX/A also has hard coded wingtip contrails in the [effects] section but they did not match the wingspan so I made them invisible using a dummy fx:

vaportrail_l= fx_dummy
    vaportrail_r= fx_dummy

Thanks Henk. This is what comes of playing with config files at the wee hours.

I had commented them out because at rest, I'd get that vertical "dripping" effect, and I had no idea the default fx could be so hidden. Now, oddly, enough - and fortunately, by adding them back in, all is well.

Much appreciate this project. Breathed new life into it for sure!

cheers,

DL

Pierre's fantastic foto paints ...

Anyone succed in adding Pierre's light grey French paint? If have thought it would be a snap to the native French model Henk did up. But the E hump and area around the canopy is untextured. Tried the J too, and no go.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...root&Go=Search

Thoughts?

I would love to tack on the drone vontroller VU paint, but as far as I know, none of the native models will take it. Ditto for the NASA paints ... . But those I understand why because of the models - the light grey should bolt on to the native French model, no?

Cheers,

DL

DL, you need to copy some of the files from the texture.12F folder to the texture.french grey folder: Specular_S.dds, texture.cfg.
    Then remove the FS9 canopy glass file F8_CANOPYINTERIOR_T.BMP. As a matter of fact you can ditch most of the FS9 files in the texture.french grey folder, see attached screenshot for the ones you need to keep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cruze_gris.jpg   FolderFiles.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    DL, you need to copy some of the files from the texture.12F folder to the texture.french grey folder: Specular_S.dds, texture.cfg.
    Then remove the FS9 canopy glass file F8_CANOPYINTERIOR_T.BMP. As a matter of fact you can ditch most of the FS9 files in the texture.french grey folder, see attached screenshot for the ones you need to keep.
    Thanks Henk, the grey French paint is now sorted.

I'm probably pushing my luck here, but I'm assuming that Pierre's Drone Controller and NASA paints can't be made to work on any of the V2.0 native models, right? They call for the small nose B, but changing all the appropriate textures to the C, or E didn't yield results - gaps in textures around the canopy, missing textures from the rudder, etc.

I know GE made the drone controller scheme by picking up the old pre-native model, but that would mean the VC would be messed up, right? Esp in my case, where I've slaved to a different VC mdl.

No biggie if we can't get those schemes to work. I've gotten the small nose VFP-62 to work on the E, that's likely as good as it gets. That and the TPS VFP-206, and that's all the decently-stencilled recce birds I can get for now ... better than none, right?

dl

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post

Can you please share the VU-7 F-8 texture texture with me? What Alphasim F-8 version is this texture compatible with?

Quote Originally Posted by VP-64 Condors FSX View Post
    Can you please share the VU-7 F-8 texture texture with me? What Alphasim F-8 version is this texture compatible with?

Avsim. Search "crusader Pierre". You'll see all of Pierre's great F-8 repaints.

Unfortunately, of all the models that were recently recompiled, the F-8B (F8U-1E) didn't get converted. So I believe the model in those shots of the VU-7 bird are of the previous port over model (optimised for, but not a native) done a few years back.

I fly the D model now, with VFP paints. But I hold out hope the RFN folks can do an RF-8G .... one can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I fly the D model now, with VFP paints. But I hold out hope the RFN folks can do an RF-8G .... one can dream, right?
    I did two tours in VFP-63. We had gunfighter F-8's when we took over F-8 replacement pilot training so "Papa Papa" tail codes on a gunfighter is totally legit. And I've mentioned the RF-8G to Sylvain, we may yet see one for FSX at some point after the gunfighter hits the streets.

Carl Ninjamouse Edwards' near perfect shape model, now in native form, and also for me with the RAZBAM A-7 vc merged and the rest of Don B.'s panels/gauges makes this lash up my first choice fighter jet. Happy to have another Gunfighter but really after the RF version. It has a distinctively different shaped front fuselage to be modeled, as many well know.
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Works fine for me in P3dV3, although the AB effect needs modding. (usual P3d issue)

That very well may be why Ted's AB effect has no effect on this F-8 as I use P3D V3.4

F-8 Crusader AB effect

DId a little experiment to see if I could get my better AB effect back.
    It looks like when I block out the smokesystem, then I have no AB effect in P3D V3.
    The sim ignores the lights entries all together. I just don't understand this.....

[lights]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.0 = 4, 23.00, 0.00, 2.00, fx_vclight
    light.1 = 6, -15.00, 0.00, 0.10, fx_ALPHA_CF105_exh
    light.2 = 9, -15.00, 0.00, 0.10, fx_Alpha_CF105_AB
    light.3 = 7, -15.00, 0.00, 0.10, fx_ALPHA_CF105_Vapour

//[smokesystem]
    //smoke.0 = -22.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_F8_engsmoke
    //smoke.1 = -17.60, 0.00, 0.30, fx_ALPHA_EA6_Exh1
    //smoke.2 = -17.60, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F8_AB
    //smoke.3 = -11.46, -17.55, 1.33, fx_fueldump
    //smoke.4 = -11.46, 17.55, 1.33, fx_fueldump

Got my original AB picture back

I had this pic of the AB effect I had with the F-8 when I used it in FSX. This pic was dropped by tinypic (they closed there doors) but I found the name of the image that was used and googled the name of the image and although a bit smaller then original size I have at least something to show.
    At least you can get an idea of the AB effect I am trying to regain to use on P3D. I have bits and pieces of FSX on my other hard drive and found the F8 aircraft.cfg file used for FSX
    but the lights and smoke section was not much help. Picture was enlarged from smaller so it is a little blurry. I'd sure like to get this effect back.....

A little bigger

I found an Alpha 'Gunfighter' modded for P3D4 with a reasonable AB effect on the 'Rikkooo'(?) site.
    Seems to be kosher.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC Edition, 11GBx2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I found an Alpha 'Gunfighter' modded for P3D4 with a reasonable AB effect on the 'Rikkooo'(?) site.
    Seems to be kosher.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Edit: Contents of this look same as Henk's F8 - same effect files and the aircraft.cfg is identical.
    The pictures of the AB looked promising but the contents of this program look like Henk's repackaged only comes with installer/uninstaller
    The installer will accommodate installation to P3D V4.

I'd be curious to see pictures of AB effect for those with P3D 4.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks Dave,

BTW, Was there suppose to be A USS Ship Name on the fuselage?

Not always - sometimes airwing assignments for squadrons were in a state of flux, so the paint crew would wait for a final decision. In this picture, I assume the whole airwing might be waiting for a final ship decision.However, just above NAVY, it might say USS HANCOCK

Members who have read this thread: 185