Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    Dave,

Just wanted to add my thanks for your great Crusader repaints. They look awesome.

I don't normally do requests, but if you ever get in the mood for another F-8 paintjob I'd love to see your version of the VF-111 aircraft profiled above. I've always liked the Sundowners markings and I'm sure your interpretation would look great.

I know there's a version out using the original PK, but I think yours looks better.

Thanks again for the repaints you've already done.
    You mean this one??

I did it some while ago but don't have a record of it being published, so I need to check it through before it goes up. It doesn't have the latest burner can files for a start.

Thank you all for your appreciation - makes it all worth it!!

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-8 VF-111 1.jpg  
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    After taking off, I noticed that the trailing smoke from the wing tips would abate completely. Experience the wing smoke just while on the ground. Don't know what's up with the?

Dave,

I haven't yet installed those burner textures files yet. What if any are the appreciable differences from the stock burner files?

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

That looks great. If you posted it anywhere I haven't been able to find it. I would sure like to see you upload it here.

Thanks,
    PF

VF-111 Crusader texture

Hi Dave,

If you wanted to add a carrier name over the "Navy" on the fuselage, the AH code indicates that VF-111 was in the Air Group on either Oriskany or Intrepid. Oriskany would certainly be my choice!

Best regards, Bill

A little background on the deployments of VF-111 with F-8's. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Dave,

If you wanted to add a carrier name over the "Navy" on the fuselage, the AH code indicates that VF-111 was in the Air Group on either Oriskany or Intrepid. Oriskany would certainly be my choice!

Best regards, Bill
    Hi Bill,

The paint was taken direct from a 1968 photo on Wikipedia; no carrier name was applied to this a/c at that time, but I note from GE's post it had most likely come from the Oriskany and was on RnR before deploying to the Intrepid.

GE

The burner can textures should give you a substantial shine as well as being paler and with the correct (I think) stencil.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

VF 24 Walk around

VF 24 Walkaround contd

These are Fantastic having alot of fun with this bird and the Voodoo but I would just like to ask are there any other 'ALPHA Oldies' that will be receiving the same treatment? I was thnking the Skyknight or the Phantom packs specifically?

Hooky722

This will go up when I can get the time (Christmas shopping and the like....!)

Nose corrected to white, gold added to sun rays, and new burner cans.

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-8 VF-111 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    This will go up when I can get the time (Christmas shopping and the like....!)

Nose corrected to white, gold added to sun rays, and new burner cans.

DaveQ
    Wow! Dave, you made another masterpiece.

Looking forward to this one. Go do your Christmas shopping as it won't be long now.

"Butch"

Blog Entries
    Love your paints Dave. Really appreciate the C model ones you're doing.

Thanks!!

DL

Love your paints Dave. Really appreciate the C model ones you're doing.

Thanks!!
    Second that, looking very sharp!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

VF-111 uploaded.

DaveQ

SOH-CM-2023
    C'mon, Dave.
    We know you have more hidden in your inventory that you can upload. <grin> (grin) We are all pigs for repaints.

Happy Holidays.</grin>

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    C'mon, Dave.
    We know you have more hidden in your inventory that you can upload. <grin> (grin) We are all pigs for repaints.

Happy Holidays.</grin>
    Hot damn!! Me brushes are gettin' worn down. On a Phantom atm....! A much longer job!!

DaveQ

Thank you to all people involved in this project !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-14_19-45-18-79.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

New VF111 Paint

Thanks Dave,

BTW, Was there suppose to be A USS Ship Name on the fuselage?

I, like everyone else in this thread LOVES the Gunfighter and this gorgeous conversion to FSX.

Quick question: It seems that flaps (and the wing lift) have only 2 positions-- full up or full down. Is that correct, or could it be that I have an issue with my key assignments?

Thanks,

Kent

Nothing wrong with your key assignments. Have you researched the rest of this thread? Check post #27.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Expat, this particular aircraft, at the time, didn't. Allegedly the photo was taken in 1968 at NAS North Island, after it left Oriskany and before it deployed to Intrepid. Add whichever!!

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Thank you to all people involved in this project !
    Atmospheric, man!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Expat, this particular aircraft, at the time, didn't. Allegedly the photo was taken in 1968 at NAS North Island, after it left Oriskany and before it deployed to Intrepid. Add whichever!!

DaveQ
    So, it was a orphan eh?

Blog Entries

ported VC - lost my contrails.

So, just for fun and to increase the interior cockpit experience/quality, I added in the A-7A Corsair VC. Looks pretty good, and apart from my IAS not reading high enough, the basics are there. In case anyone wants to try this, other than pouring in the A7A gauage cab and textures, the adjusted viewpoint on the E model (different on the J, don't know why) is thus:

[Views]
    eyepoint=11.189, 0.0, 3.299
    //eyepoint=22.489, 0.0, 2.401

Of course, l lost the AB effects, and since I've always liked the Virtavia F-106 effects, I added those in by also adding the throggle folder, F-106 cab file, and adding in the suitable entries:

aircraft.cfg:

[lights]
    ;1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    ;6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logo, 10=cabin
    light.0 = 4, 23.00, 0.00, 2.00, fx_vclight_red
    light.1 = 5, 2.00, 3.00, -1.70, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old
    light.2= 9,-14.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_AB
    light.3= 9,-17.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_exh1
    light.4= 9,-17.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_exh

//light.2 = 7, -11.46,-17.55, 1.33, fx_contrail_Alpha Viggen
    //light.3 = 7, -11.46, 17.55, 1.33, fx_contrail_Alpha Viggen

panel:

[Vcockpit01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=0
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$primary_panel5

gauge00=RAZBAM_A_7_GAUGES!Launch Bar, 814,940,20,20
    gauge01=RAZBAM_A_7_GAUGES!A7_Gunsight, 40,38,938
    gauge02=RAZBAM_A_7_GAUGES!A7_BOMB_PICKLE, 814,940,20,20
    gauge03=KO_F16_FX!F16_AB_THROGGLE, 0,0,1,1
    gauge04=ALPHA_F-106!burner_logo_toggle, 6,2,10,10
    gauge05=ALPHA_F-106!105_contrail, 6,2,10,10
    gauge06=ALPHA_F-106!105_Vapour_WING, 6,2,10,10
    gauge07=ALPHA_F-106!105_Jetsmoke-Low2, 6,2,10,10

so the AB works as it should, but I've lost my wingtip contrails. Any idea why? It's not an effect thing, since other aircraft have it, including another untouched install of the V2 native FSX F-8. I thought contrails in FSX were "hard coded" into all models, so that there would be no need to add them in. The F-106 had them for some reason in the panel file, I tried it with and without those contrail and vapour entries and the contrails were still missing.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can get it to work, it's a very nice looking pit, for those who also own the A-7A.

Cheers,

dl

Of course you lost the contrails, you blocked them out in the [lights] section . Simply add them back with updated sequence no's and the contrails should work:

[lights]
    ;1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    ;6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logo, 10=cabin
    light.0 = 4, 23.00, 0.00, 2.00, fx_vclight_red
    light.1 = 5, 2.00, 3.00, -1.70, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old
    light.2= 9,-14.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_AB
    light.3= 9,-17.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_exh1
    light.4= 9,-17.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_ALPHA_F105_exh

light.5 = 7, -11.46,-17.55, 1.33, fx_contrail_Alpha Viggen
    light.6 = 7, -11.46, 17.55, 1.33, fx_contrail_Alpha Viggen

FSX/A also has hard coded wingtip contrails in the [effects] section but they did not match the wingspan so I made them invisible using a dummy fx:

vaportrail_l= fx_dummy
    vaportrail_r= fx_dummy

Members who have read this thread: 2