veneaviones rockwell turbo commander 690B FSX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: veneaviones rockwell turbo commander 690B FSX

veneaviones rockwell turbo commander 690B FSX

Looking for an improved FSX FDE file for the veneaviones rockwell turbo commander 690B that was originally done for FS9.

Also any update VC panels would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

I just saw your PM. I think I have the updated VC textures on my download site. I'll check and get you a link if I find them.

Looks like I did three different color schemes for the VC but never released any of them, at least not that I can find. I zipped up the three panel folders I have for mine but there's no instructions. Since the VC panels come from the panel folder rather than the texture folder as most do, it's relatively simple. . . .add these three folders and in the aircraft.cfg file just replace the panel= with the color you wish to use (panel=tan. . .panel=blue. . .panel=gray). Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Looks like I did three different color schemes for the VC but never released any of them, at least not that I can find. I zipped up the three panel folders I have for mine but there's no instructions. Since the VC panels come from the panel folder rather than the texture folder as most do, it's relatively simple. . . .add these three folders and in the aircraft.cfg file just replace the panel= with the color you wish to use (panel=tan. . .panel=blue. . .panel=gray). Hope this helps.

Thanks Ed.

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B FDE

Was there ever an FDE update for this plane during the FSX updates?

There are a few tweaks that I have picked up from others that stopped some of the bad habits - pitching up when starting a saved flight is still not resolved.

Be great if Mal998 is around and could have a go at the FDE. It is still a very attractive model in FSX but the bad handling puts you off flying her, whereas the FDE's in Milton's AC's kick butt.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    There are a few tweaks that I have picked up from others that stopped some of the bad habits - pitching up when starting a saved flight is still not resolved.

Be great if Mal998 is around and could have a go at the FDE. It is still a very attractive model in FSX but the bad handling puts you off flying her, whereas the FDE's in Milton's AC's kick butt.
    I did an FM for this aircraft that IMO is an improvement over the original.

The only thing I wish was better would be a little earlier rotate and liftoff, now around 113kias.

But if you wish to try it, or improve on it, you are welcome to do so.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

The only thing I wish was better would be a little earlier rotate and liftoff, now around 113kias.

But if you wish to try it, or improve on it, you are welcome to do so.
    Thanks Milton, it seems to behave a little better with your .air file. I just substituted your .air file for the original (Backed it up first).

I didn't use your aircraft.cfg file as I already had configured with the panels to use etc.
    Hope your aircraft.cfg was not a must install.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks Milton, it seems to behave a little better with your .air file. I just substituted your .air file for the original (Backed it up first).

I didn't use your aircraft.cfg file as I already had configured with the panels to use etc.
    Hope your aircraft.cfg was not a must install.
    I would recommend using my cfg file.

Simply copy your [fltsim.nn] sections from yours to mine.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I would recommend using my cfg file.

Simply copy your [fltsim.nn] sections from yours to mine.

I compared your cfg and mine and they read exactly the same. I found on another site an FSX update fix
    and yours and the one below have the same identical cfg file.

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Props...rk=38929#38929

I would like to change the prop moi so as to reduce the excessive prop spin down time.

What a terrific improvement! I had thought I already had this FM but apparently not! Yes, with full fuel it does need 100 + kias to rotate but it is now a joy to fly. Together, with Ed's new panels - thanks Ed - this has made my day.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I compared your cfg and mine and they read exactly the same. I found on another site an FSX update fix
    and yours and the one below have the same identical cfg file.

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Props...rk=38929#38929

I would like to change the prop moi so as to reduce the excessive prop spin down time.
    Not sure if you got your hands crossed or what but I assure you that my aircraft.cfg and what you referenced are very different.

Many of the parameters for the key metrics were off in the original in areas of engine placement, gear locations, fuel tank locations and capacity, engine and prop specs, speeds, wing specs, etc.

Just compare the examples I posted (sorry they are small but 1024 restricted). There is no way you can confuse these two as the same.

Also attaching my work history on the FDE that goes back to mid-Summer. I stopped working on it then as I was not happy with results. I restarted when the latest request was made.

So, if you had one that was identical, then you must have had mine because I changed so much of that cfg to make it correct.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If one wanted to mod the engines to meet the Garrett TPE-331-10 ("Dash - 10") spec - these are a number of 690B's with these engine conversions flying today - what air.cfg settings would you change?

They are rated at 1,000 SHP, but it is not clear which air.cfg entry relates most closely to shaft horse power. This might solve the takeoff roll/rotation issue, that is also accurate IRL. Also moves you along at 300+ KIAS!

http://www.twincommander.com/dash10.html

Was there ever a fix for the transparent overhead panel?

Was there ever a fix for the transparent overhead panel?
    There is a fix for this over at simviation.

Here is my modded panel for anyone interested - it is a big file and also calls for some payware gauges that you may/may not have.

host images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll give it a whirl but how/where do I install this? I want to back up what I have and then try this. Thanks.

There is a fix for this over at simviation.

Here is my modded panel for anyone interested - it is a big file and also calls for some payware gauges that you may/may not have.

host images

Just make or rename the panel folder to something else + change the panel air.cfg entry to match.

Rummaging around in some files and dug out this older style paint for Turbo Commander.

screen shot

. . big tail wind flying down from Maine to Fishers Island, she's doing 355 KIAS!

How tricky would it be to convert this to an FSX native model with MCX?

Might want to check the download section, Milton has already been busy making it into an FSX Native model.

My mistake, Milton did the 560A model for us!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Might want to check the download section, Milton has already been busy making it into an FSX Native model.

My mistake, Milton did the 560A model for us!
    The 690 belongs to Veneaviones, not me, so I would not attempt a conversion of someone elses work.

I have converted one version of my AC500, the Hangar Queen cargo series, the AC520, and the AC560A(HC).
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sorry, didn't know that. I don't convert models myself.

How tricky would it be to convert this to an FSX native model with MCX?
    It's been 10+ years since I've flown the 690, but I assume that it uses quite a bit of custom code and has 3D switches in the VC. The custom code will have to be recreated from scratch (and that's a science in itself if you don't know input and output variables) and the 3D elements animations and clickspots will have to be retagged one by one. Add a new prop disk (the old one will be lost in the conversion process) into the fray and you have more than MCX can handle.
    The best course of action is to export exterior and interior models as .OBJ files and recreate parts, smoothing, materials and animations in Blender (GMax won't do, 3ds Max is too expensive). Certainly not a one-week job.

Suspected that - thanks Bjoern!

Members who have read this thread: 0