Sim Scenery Makers CYZF scenery realsed

Thread: Sim Scenery Makers CYZF scenery realsed

Sim Scenery Makers CYZF scenery realsed

As the header says, their scenery for Buffalo airways has been released

http://buffaloairwaysvirtual.com/for...y-Project-2014

Scroll to the last page for the downloads, It looks very impressive

Bill

Be advised, the scenery is on Onedrive Live right now (which may prove to be problematic as it may try to force you to install different browsers). The author noted that the scenery should be on Avsim tomorrow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Guys! thanks for posting about the release, we were going to do that when the files had been made available on avim but not a problem, at the moment maiw is hosting just the Scenery file and not the photoscenery so you can also grab that there, and both are being hosted on the mentioned onedrive which as stated has given 1 or 2 a problem in getting the files!

This is our first attempt at making an Airport Scenery so it may not be perfect in every way! we learn from our mistakes as they say! i initially started it nearly 2 years ago and was just going to do some basic upgrades to the major buildings, but i received an email from Skip who then introduced me to Shane as they both had an interest in helping out, eventually we decided to do the whole airport and every building, We diddnt take a trip out there and take pictures of buildings etc, in fact we just used Google Street view which was probably the biggest help we have had making such a big Airport..

preview images

Thanks for looking

Mark

The scenery is very nice, thanks the developers! The only thing is that it puts my FPS to the knees, from 40 to 12-15 without traffic.
    I think this Dash is lost in the scenery too:

Thanks!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

flaviossa, thank you for the comment about the scenery! However it looks like you are running 2 sceneries together there, im not sure if that is sidneys 2010 version running as well? please check!

Much thanks

Mark

Hey there I seen this issue on another thread here is some helpful fixes
    if your running orbx vector you need to disable the following file

VECTOR: - \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery : - ABP_CYZF.bgl

If you have the 'freeware' "FTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS.zip": - \ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery

- ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYZF.BGL
    - ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYZF_CVX.bgl
    - FTX_FTXG_CYZF_objects.bgl

as for fps it is a large scenery try the above and see what happens you can always disable the optional photo scenery or look in the readme for other helpful frame hints

thanks
    Shane Strong
    Graphic Artist

Sim: P3D 3.0

Find US on FaceBook: Sim Scenery Makers
    Working With:
    Tranquil's Treatment Non-Profit Organization &
    Beta Tester: Simaddons
    strong@eastlink.ca

Thanks mr. Shane and Mark. Yes, i have orbx vector and the NA airports installed. I didn´t remember to disable it. I´ll do the steps above and report back.
    Thanks a lot for the support!

EDIT: The bgl clean did the trick. Only FPS that still is in low digits but i will test what the TXT file suggests. Thanks!
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

I was able to download the base scenery from Avsim.com, but the photo scenery is giving the following error when attempting to download:
    ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I have been in touch with avsim it seems to be a issue with larger files they are aware and working on it
    thanks
    Shane Strong
    Graphic Artist

Working With:
    strong@eastlink.ca

Pity I don't fly there anymore... Nice scenery, bad memories of a certain group.

I have FPS issues as well even after removing some of the suggested files in the original readme. I checked to see if I had any of the FTX bgl files listed about, none found. It seems that whatever is causing the issue is by the larger group of buildings on the field. As soon as I look away in the VC or fly far enough away from the field, the FPS returns to higher/normal levels. It makes my think there's one or more objects that certain systems (and perhaps gpu's) do not like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It seems that SketchUp designed scenery is not very memory efficient.
    But I think it looks awesome!
    Anneke

are you running with or without the photo scenery with the fps issues, I wouldn't make general statements regarding sketch up there is a lot involved in the scenery itself, the terminal is only around 1700kb you cant get more basic then that around what group of buildings are you seeing the fps drop we can trouble shoot from there
    shane
    Shane Strong
    Graphic Artist

Working With:
    strong@eastlink.ca

I have not had the chance to download this marvelous scenery yet so I can not see the file structure. However, my experience with sketchup so far is that due to the fact that it is easy to use, one tends to increase the number of polys as well as the number of texture calls. The visual result is great but performance suffers due to many polys and drawcalls.

In my more recent sceneries I have tried to minimize both polys and drawcalls by using combined texture sheets and reducing polys by adding details on textures and not on geometry. It seems to be working and visual appeal is not impaired.

Please consider this just a friendly observation. I look forward to download this airport when I have the time and check it out.

Hi Guys! i see a few are having FPS problems! If you can actually pinpoint the problem area we can look into it for you! if you wouldnt mind stating what systems you guys are using that would be great too! if you are using any ai models that are made for FS9 that is also a killer! I get 60+FPS with no ai and 30-40 with slider set to 40%, When i have the ai on there are about 50 planes based there.. I had some feedback from a guy over at Buffalo Virtual who said his FPS were low when he installed it but once he had taken out the trees his FPS were back to normal. We have had beta testers running this for a good while and not reporting any really low FPS! We will be more than happy to help you with your problems once we know where it is coming from on different pc's!

My System:

i7 2700k OC 4.5
    16GB DDR3 Memory
    GTX 560Ti

Much thanks

Mark

Hi, i´m only using the airport scenery, not the photoreal because had problems when i tried to download it. My report at the moment (Im at work right now) is that when i was parked in front of Buffalo hangar with manfred dc3, if i look towards my left, directly to the airport main buldings i loose 13-14fps. My FSX-SE is limited to 30fps with inspector. When i look to the buildings to the left from Buffalo hangar it immediately drop to 12-18, and some stutters starts to happen.
    I managed to do some take offs, and about 30 seconds, or i get thru a cloud layer my fps comes back to 30.

Just for the record, i´m getting 25-30 with FlyTampa Dubai and TNCM. Got 28-30 with mega airport Lisbon v2 at 40% mytraffic

Just a honest feedback
    My machine is is my signature.

Thanks for the information!! ok, personally i don't think it is the Sketchup models! i know some may be big in size, but they are the main buildings we wanted to add a little more detail to.. So low FPS for some must be coming from the Filler files and not those made by us! As stated in the readme almost anything at the airport and surrounding areas can be removed, other files i would suggest to remove to give more FPS is

Downtown.bgl
    All Stripmall Files
    CYZF-Filler.bgl
    Westview-ApartmentsFSX.bgl

Please back these files up in case you want to replace them!

Im sitting outside Buffalo hanger set to 30FPS with NVInspector settings, and its not dropping below 24.8 FPS..

Much thanks

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Strong CYHZ View Post
    I have been in touch with avsim it seems to be a issue with larger files they are aware and working on it
    thanks
    The download of the photo scenery works now.

Thanks Shane
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0