Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

final and complete..I think

the radio masts are made from guitar strings..it's kind of a theme now I guess
    enter..the Sandman

I've been working sporadically, as time allows, on the Dumas Lockheed Air Express...just haven't taken any pictures of it.
    I've also received the dummy Wasp engine from Williams Bro's and have it basically assembled and I have gotten the decal sheet for the Roscoe Turner piloted Gilmore aircraft from Callie Graphics. She has done a beautiful job on them and I can't wait to see this model wearing them.
    I should be able to post some progress shots soon - but I'm afraid there isn't much to show yet..still infilling the fuselage (around 30% complete)
    If you want to see some of that and can't wait for the still shots here you can look at the channel 'Heywood Planes' on youtube
    So much to do - so little time lol
    enter..the Sandman

This is the aircraft I am currently working on - in this exact livery..I hope
    enter..the Sandman

current status of the Dumas Lockheed Air Express - Gilmore Oil sponsored aircraft...

this represents about 20% of the total effort - maybe less than that

enter..the Sandman

some progress to show..

the cowling is almost done - just have to detail and then reinsert the vacu-formed engine facia and it'll be ready for paint prep.

The main LG wheel pants are ready to prep for paint but the fuselage still needs most of its infill work yet before it can be sanded and spackled to proper shape.

You can see where I have installed the magnet into the firewall. This will secure the Williams Bro's dummy engine for the version of this aircraft before the NACA cowling was added. Then when I want the cowling version I'll just remove the dummy motor and install the cowling with its engine facia for that look. All because the Williams Bro's dummy motor won't fit into the cowling without cutting, hinging, cursing and swearing..
    enter..the Sandman

fuselage infill is complete. I have applied the spackle and sanded her down to a fairly smoooth condition - and added the forward landing gear struts and wheels. The next step will be to add the trailing LG struts and then the tailwheel assy. I had to fabricate and install the gear legs prior to paint because of the level of difficulty. So many intersections and variables had to be worked out in order to keep it all fair and square that there just wasn't any other way but to fabricate and install now. should be a hoot to mask and paint that Gilmore scheme now, yeah? lol

enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 29