Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee - Page 19
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Yes it was rough I was pulling 3 42ft double deck cattle trailers with it and it wasn't very fast all dirt roads back then in 1971-2 from the Northwest of Western Australia no aircon no radio she was hot
    Kimberley? Broome, Derby, Wyndham and so on...I had a buddy who moved to Perth years ago but have lost touch over time...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Yeah all the meat works up there BTW I live 40KM south West of Kalgoorlie in Coolgardie retired back to the goldfields were I was born
    Last edited by musterpilot; October 14th, 2021 at 00:25.
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

that region has a colorful history - the gold rushes of the 1800's were sprawling.
    I hope you all have a milder summer this year John -
    enter..the Sandman

Heywood Planes on youtube

For those who don't know I have a youtube channel available where I post MSFS videos - no narration, just in-game captures, occasionally with music soundtracks added at low volume, as well as some build progress, and otherwise descriptive videos of the static display models I have built.
    if anyone is interested the link is here - Heywood Planes - YouTube
    and in my signature.
    The channel was never intended to be a revenue source and is far from becoming one (for me that is - youtube adds commercials to every video that has over 100 views but that is revenue they use to maintain that colossal enterprise of theirs) .
    I started making the build vids as a way of answering questions about the projects I had done from this and other forum communities that still photos couldn't answer, and because I like doing the 'work'..
    Since I am an avid flight sim enthusiast I have also posted some MSFS content (more recently) to help maintain regular input and keep things 'fresh' as it were.
    I thought some folks here might find them interesting maybe, is the only reason for this post.
    As you were then..
    enter..the Sandman

almost a quarter of a million views to date - quite a milestone.
    Hopefully there will be a few more projects to post progress on..
    Last edited by heywooood; November 2nd, 2021 at 11:19.
    enter..the Sandman

working on an Autocar A64B

this is what I was inspired by..

..also - as you can see, I have done some more infill work on the P-47 wing
    enter..the Sandman

Im glad i came into this thread to see what youve been up to.ive subscribed and am looking forward to viewing your videos.id also like to ask if you'd give me some guidance on how to make videos and posting them to youtube,i have a channel,but ive never uploaded anything.and id like to.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    For those who don't know I have a youtube channel available where I post MSFS videos - no narration, just in-game captures, occasionally with music soundtracks added at low volume, as well as some build progress, and otherwise descriptive videos of the static display models I have built.
    if anyone is interested the link is here - Heywood Planes - YouTube
    and in my signature.
    The channel was never intended to be a revenue source and is far from becoming one (for me that is - youtube adds commercials to every video that has over 100 views but that is revenue they use to maintain that colossal enterprise of theirs) .
    I started making the build vids as a way of answering questions about the projects I had done from this and other forum communities that still photos couldn't answer, and because I like doing the 'work'..
    Since I am an avid flight sim enthusiast I have also posted some MSFS content (more recently) to help maintain regular input and keep things 'fresh' as it were.
    I thought some folks here might find them interesting maybe, is the only reason for this post.
    As you were then..

Hi Daveroo - thanks for subscribing to the channel.
    I have two methods for posting videos, one for the builds and another for the flight sims
    I use a GoPro camera to record the builds, then transfer those recordings to my laptop where they can then be uploaded to YT. The camera has a built-in microphone so I feel compelled to try and provide something more than the clatter of tools and my heavy breathing - so these are narrated..
    The PC recordings are made with Nvidia’s Experience overlay. This is why there is no narration from me - just the video and audio captured ‘in-game’….and those recordings can be then uploaded to YT directly.
    I hope that this is helpful.
    enter..the Sandman

the beginning of the end of this project...

headlight shrouds made from card stock and loops of solder
    enter..the Sandman

Hi,yes thanks on the YT help,the truck ,you use a AITM resin cab?..thats a good lookin truck.ive about got my apartment set up..i moved from the boat in california to price utah on June 1st.im just now about ready to start some builds.got a long list of projects.gonna give me hours of fun.yay

the trucks are all built straight from the box - no resin castings were used. I only augment these builds with solder, aluminum tubing, and card stock or sheet styrene.
    I hear there are some nice places in Utah - looking forward to visiting the Parks there someday. Brice, Zion, etc..

enter..the Sandman

very nice Autocar.

to get started back into the hobby,im going to build a few basically box stock,with just engine mods and details etc.ive got two international loadstar cabs from AITM ,ones going to be a wildland engine which will be based on the one i was engineer on for ten years..BUT..for the life of me,i cant recall exactly how the pump panel was laid out.well i do,,but i dont..anyway..im talking to some of the old crew and putting it together..lol..and i have a bunch of Mack B models.

good luck on those projects, Dave

last one - full sunlight
    enter..the Sandman

one more plastic project - the 1/9th scale WLA 750 Harley from Italeri...but as a civilian

it's going to take a while..

THIS is the target

I'll be making those fender skirts out of .020 sheet styrene - aside from that everything is in the kit.
    enter..the Sandman

working on the fender skirts..

this is just a test fit - still need to paint the chrome trim strip on the fenders before these skirts are attached
    enter..the Sandman

flip side

just about to add the pipes...
    enter..the Sandman

front fender light, tail light, license frame and plate attached..

I modified the tail light bracket (cut it down to make it skinnier for the single light can) and also the front fender light (made a lens for it out of balsa with a ring of solder)

enter..the Sandman

another bike now - this one is a Tamiya Yamaha Virago XV1000 - modified lil' bit

For my grandson - who loves motorcycles and the color RED
    enter..the Sandman

Nostalgia can be expensive..

years and years ago - before the turn of the century, I started building plastic model aircraft.
    One of the first successful builds back then was the 1/32 scale Monogram Grumman Gulfhawk.

Since AH has reprised their Grumman F3F for MSFS I started thinking about that old kit. So I found one on ebay and bought it.

Now - it was supposed to be in good condition - not started, all parts accounted for - plans and canopy intact...but the reality?
    A couple of LG parts (and some others as well) were missing, some were glued together incorrectly and poorly, and there were other parts that were broken.

But I cleaned up what I could, found and ordered a set of LG parts made of white metal, and tried to make the LG operable as the kit was known for that feature.
    Unfortunately there was just too much damage to overcome - so I modeled it with the gear down.

awaiting the decals from Callie Graphics as the sheet included with the kit was thrashed and unusable.
    I should have it completed by the end of next week and will post those final pics then.
    enter..the Sandman

all of that brings us to THIS

a 1/24 scale balsa F3F that can be modeled as the Navy fighter - or as the Gulfhawk with shorter wingspan and bump-cowl etc..

naturally I will make it a display model and infill most of the build. Not sure yet whether it will be the Navy or the Airshow version but that LG might have to be operable if I can find or make a couple of sprockets to fit it
    enter..the Sandman

Just ran in to this thread and went through several pages, and all I can say is

"Wowwww"

I bought a DC-3 model last year (1:48) was hard to find one. Have been getting back in to model building (did a lot of that many years ago).

Still have a model kit of a Kenworth and Peterbilt truck waiting to me touched. All brand new in the box.

The DC-3 kit was shipped from Hong Kong and took 2 months to arrive.

Just bought the right colors, as I will be modifying it to represent the KLM "The Flying Dutchman" , but have also been thinking of making it a 'Martin's Air".

I found it is hard to find decals for the 1:48 scale model, so might end up hand painting most of it.

Seeinvg your work of art surely inspires me to get on with my project, even though not as detailed as your work.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 23