Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee - Page 22
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12141516171819202122

Thread: Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

ok - a slight starboard wing shim was needed but it looks good - the glue should be cured in a few hours.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

belly pan has been built up and the first layer of spackle applied...

I wonder if I'll have this Jug finished before we have one to fly in MSFS ?
    enter..the Sandman

the belly pan is well on the way to smooothness - but now she also has 100% more dorsal fin..because that nasty adverse yaw was in need of an answer..

the first image was the initial look to see if I wanted to add it - it was a bit large..

the second image is the trimmed down fin because I decided I like it on there too much, so she's glued up now.

once I get to laying in the spackle and finessing the fairings around the tail feathers and wings we'll be ready for primer -
    We're actually getting there fellers and fellettes
    enter..the Sandman

Look like AH has won the challenge by finishing their Jug first - even though theirs is a Razorback.
    enter..the Sandman

couple of ideas for paint IF I can make the natural metal finish look right - otherwise it'll be a camo job.

Leaning towards the Hun Hunter..
    enter..the Sandman

going with #40 the Hun Hunter XVI

still many miles to go yet..
    Last edited by heywooood; April 16th, 2024 at 11:53.
    enter..the Sandman

now with 100% more anti-glare paint on it - still need to add the thin black stripes to the wide yeller ones and paint the lower
    fuselage with the stainless reinforcements and vents.
    Callie Graphics is doing the artwork and says I should have the sheets by next Friday..including ALL of the stencils and labels in black.

Then it'll be time to try my hand at laying on the panel lines - then a final semi-gloss clear coat to bring it all together.
    Long way to go yet
    enter..the Sandman

Very nice indeed
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Members who have read this thread: 30