Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee - Page 12
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

test fitting the LG...I made the wheel covers from 1/64"thick bitch ply laminated with 1/16" thick sheet balsa.

I'll need to use filler and sand them down to remove the wood grain - also to be sure they don't keep the gear from retracting fully into the wheel wells

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Yeah - what kind of ply..?
    birch ply
    enter..the Sandman

inching closer to completion. I'm still working on the LG doors and need to attach the prop blades to the hub. They are done, just need to be glued into place.

enter..the Sandman

cleaned up my bench finally - such a damn mess..

The LG doors are on and the rest is history..

enter..the Sandman

what's next?

I have an old Flyline Stearman C3B kit that I want to convert to a YPT-9 Cloudboy...something like this:

enter..the Sandman

just the beginning..lots of modifications to make.

enter..the Sandman

just a quick note: I started a youtube channel today and posted my first video there..Heywood Planes

it'll take me a while to build content but I plan to do all of my builds going forward under a GoPro camera and put them up. I have to get a clamp for the camera and as soon as it comes I'll be able to do the elapsed time vids and tips and tricks
    tutorials etc.. For now all I have is an introductory vid as to what the channel is for.

If this information is considered promotional or out of line I will remove this post or understand if it is taken down..
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    just a quick note: I started a youtube channel today and posted my first video there..Heywood Planes

it'll take me a while to build content but I plan to do all of my builds going forward under a GoPro camera and put them up. I have to get a clamp for the camera and as soon as it comes I'll be able to do the elapsed time vids and tips and tricks
    tutorials etc.. For now all I have is an introductory vid as to what the channel is for.

If this information is considered promotional or out of line I will remove this post or understand if it is taken down..
    here's the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbA...VufHtNr9mQv1Iw
    enter..the Sandman

"work work work..."

Looks to be well worth the time spent.

Even my very brief foray back into 'plastics' was enjoyable, despite the reason for doing so.
    Been dusting off a few of my unfinished small scale car scratch build projects, I have an itch for some CNC milling and a spicing of miniature panel beating that needs to be scratched!
    I might even get this finished by year's end.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

that is impressive workmanship!
    enter..the Sandman

so here is a typical Lycoming R-680-11 radial engine.

I am modifying this Williams Bros 1/12" scale P&W Wasp to look just like it (hopefully)

..that's the plan anyway..
    enter..the Sandman

fuselage work continues..

this might look a bit rough, but I have yet much to do to prep it for paint..
    enter..the Sandman

landing gear has been fabricated and fitted...I'll need to pull it all off for paint - but it's done

enter..the Sandman

so - time for some wings n things

enter..the Sandman

the waist band.. the center of all three stripes will be red

enter..the Sandman

a little more progress - the upper wing is not fixed into position just yet..just getting a sense of the overall effect so far, and you can see how big she is..
    most of the planes I have built this way are 1/24" scale or 1/16" scale...this is 1/12" scale or 1" = 1'

enter..the Sandman

I'll begin working on the outer wing struts and aileron push-rods over the next few days.

Once those are complete and installed, then the upper wing can go on - probably I'll fit the windscreens before I affix the wing..then the rigging and so on

Meanwhile - I'll be masking and adding the red stripes to the chevron and waist band, as well as finishing off the rudder colors
    enter..the Sandman

struts under construction..installation..

enter..the Sandman

oh - and some paint has been splashed on here and there..

enter..the Sandman

Quick question : I can’t decide whether to remove the forward cockpit cover and install a windscreen for it.. or leave it covered and only install a windscreen for the rear position. There is already a seat, panel, and control stick in there so its an easy option - I just cannot make the windscreens removable with my current skillset.
    Any show of hands either way will help me decide while I’m putting the engine together
    and thank you to all who have viewed this thread and or offered encouragement over the years
    Thank You
    enter..the Sandman

decals applied - rigging completed - I'm using card stock as a template to fabricate the windscreen..once I have it as I want it, Ill lay it over the clear acetate and make the part, then mask and paint it

enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 18