Where airports disappear?

Thread: Where airports disappear?

Where airports disappear?

Yesterday I started a flight from LEBL (Barcelona) and wondered how fast it loaded (except AI traffic). the reason came obviuos when the scenery had loaded (picture below). There where nothing on the airfield but default runways and platform (and a lot of AI traffic as usual - look at the picture).

The LEBL scenery is made by Aerosoft. I checked my other AS airport sceneries and the same disappearing had happened for Paris airports (De Gaule and Orly). Only the Finnish EFHK (Mega Airport Helsinki) was as it should be. If the same thing had happened for Helsinki I'd noticed it immediatelly because it is my main airport. Now I don't know when this happened. There has gone months when I last visited Barcelona or Paris.

In between I have installed mainly simple freeware sceneries which very probably don't cause this kind of problems. There ware however three sceneries that had to be installed with installation program. Orbx latest freeware scenery packet (however I don't have Orbx vector or any other Orbx payware products - yet. I still use UTXE and GEX) and two Drezwiecki-Desing's freeware Demos (EPKK and EPWA). I also have some DD's payware scenaries but those didn't cause this effect.

I cheked once again scenery.cfg and AS scenery folders. They ware all ok. At least I didn't find anything being wrong. I even removed those above mentioned three sceneries (installed by program). Didn't help. LEBL, LFPO and LFPG (i.e. their objects) stay away. I don't like sceneries or airplanes that have to be installed by program because one doesn't exactly know what the program does (although usually there is no problems with them). I am quite experienced FS user (over 10 years) so installing addons is quite clear to me. Now I however don't know what the heck has done this and why?

Picture of "LEBL" :

Pekka

Hi Pekka, your screenshot doesn't show.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Another mystery

It is a normal capture from FSX made a little bit smaler and turned to jpg. I see it.

Here is the original: It looks to me that this systems fits the picture to the screen itself .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original_LEBL.jpg  

Is this scenery "self_contained?" In other words are all portions of the original scenery contained in a single airport folder with a "texture" and "scenery" folder inside of that?

I have the airport as well and yes, its self-contained. No libraries, textures etc outside the airport folder
    So question number 1: Did you try a reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    I have the airport as well and yes, its self-contained. No libraries, textures etc outside the airport folder
    So question number 1: Did you try a reinstall?
    Answer to the first question is no. I decided first listen to possible good advices. Perhaps that reinstallation isn't even neccessary? Obviously I'll try it if nothing else helps.

Well, I didn't even know answer to the question of "Is it self-contained?" because these sceneries ware installed by installation program and one doesn't know what those actually do. So I always prefere manual installation if it is possible - very seldom however with these payware addons.

I have once met this same problem with one freeway scenery. Then I found that another airport near the one in question disturbed the other somehow (I don't know why) and caused the problem. I changed the order of the sceneries in scenery library and that removed the problem then. However I haven't installed anything (from someone else except Aerosoft) even near Barcelona or Paris so that interference propably wasn't the reason here.

Pekka

I moved the problematic sceneries to the top of scenery library list and 'voila!' the problem disappeared instead of scenery objets.

I think there must have been some scenery on something in it/them above (in library) these 3 sceneries that caused the object disappearing.

Pekka

well, its good it worked out.
    To me it looks like you had some photoscenery installed there (spain freware?) and if that was above the airport, then you would have trouble.

Members who have read this thread: 0