A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad... - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

Don't think this is going to work well....proportions are too different...

ZF295 is uploaded...
    ZF 295 - cn:S095/T66 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Shorts Tucano T1, No.1 Flying Training School 2007, RAF Linton-on-Ouse. Pilot:- Flt. Lt. Bobby Moore

Edit....and the ZF446 is uploaded.
    ZF 446 - cn:S139/T110 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Shorts Tucano T1, No.1 Flying Training School 2003, RAF Linton-on-Ouse. Pilot:- Flt. Lt. Martin Day

Another one uploaded...ZF200...
    ZF 200 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Shorts Tucano T1, No.1 Flying Training School 1989, RAF Linton-on-Ouse. Now Civil Reg N822RS Owner:- Worldwide Warbirds 2009

and ZF210 ....quite a bit different from the 200.
    ZF 210 - cn:S37/T35 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Shorts Tucano T1, 72 Sqdn. Royal Air Force 2008, RAF Linton-on-Ouse. 70th Anniversary of the RAF. Pilot:- Flt. Lt. Stew Campbell

Back with the Orlik...

Not sure it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    ima digging bumblebee 446
    I think 210's one of the prettier...
    The issue I have with these RAF versions is the 'translation' into a 314...deciding what to add from a 312...and what to retain that 'should' stay on it because it's still actually a 314. The wing-walk area markings is one of the things that stays, along with the small general notes.
    And of course....proportions....which is why the Orlik is not the easiest to translate...it's a bit 'challenged' in the length department.
    Looking at the size of the tail and ventral stabilizer it looks like they had approach angle and/or yaw issues. They 'could' have just stretch the thing a bit more. As planes go it looks like a 'Pug' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I think 210's one of the prettier...
    The issue I have with these RAF versions is the 'translation' into a 314...deciding what to add from a 312...and what to retain that 'should' stay on it because it's still actually a 314. The wing-walk area markings is one of the things that stays, along with the small general notes.
    And of course....proportions....which is why the Orlik is not the easiest to translate...it's a bit 'challenged' in the length department.
    Looking at the size of the tail and ventral stabilizer it looks like they had approach angle and/or yaw issues. They 'could' have just stretch the thing a bit more. As planes go it looks like a 'Pug' ...
    I had an Orlik repaint for the Iris PC-21 done by Pawel Szukala from here at SOH. From a certain angle it was very similar, but the Toucan is really loong in the empannage comparatively speaking.

I myself is liking the Orlik version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason32 View Post
    I myself is liking the Orlik version.
    I'll keep at it...chasing up the details re signage, etc...

Sort of almost there....gotta find the Ejector seat triangles and it's about done.

Edit....it's done.
    I'll upload soonish.

So quick....superb work Jafo, thanks for painting this version.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Orlick or no, I love this repaint. Great job. Thank you

The ORLIK paint has been uploaded here...

I might go a wee bit PC-9 now for a bit.
    Working at all those Motor Racing events I get to see the RAAF Roulettes quite a bit....

You have to start somewhere....
    Very early days....

Yes, I know the red's wrong...

Edit....less early days.....

Edit 2 ...faster than I thought....almost done....

Last edited by Jafo; January 1st, 2016 at 05:02.

Finished it....shall upload soon...

Went for A23-039 ...as that's Roulette One ...Sqdn. Ldr. Glenn Canfield.

Roulette One has been uploaded...

A23-039 - cn:539 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Pilatus PC-9A, Roulette One, Roulettes Aerobatic Team. Royal Australian Air Force 2015, RAAF Base, East Sale. Pilot:- Sqdn. Ldr. Glenn Canfield.

I could do all the other Roulettes except that'd be cheating...as they only differ with their serials....

What I probably need now are requests, as I've essentially done all the 'major players' in the 314 [I think]...

Any chance of a Wings of Storm Display Team PC-9 paint from the Croatian Air Force please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason32 View Post
    Any chance of a Wings of Storm Display Team PC-9 paint from the Croatian Air Force please?
    That's a possible...

Edit....one must start somewhere...
    a [very] rough rough-in to see how it might work...

Last edited by Jafo; January 3rd, 2016 at 15:24.

Still a long way to go....isn't the easiest....

Edit....OK...it's getting closer...

Last edited by Jafo; January 4th, 2016 at 05:28.

"Krila Oluje" is done ....bits of it were difficult.

I still will upload this one.....but 'things' are happening in 'Real Life'[tm] and preventing such 'fun'...

Bit of a 'bump' to let you know I'm still 'on the case' .... life's getting a little more normal....
    I need the therapeutic benefits of painting a squillion variations...so more will come...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Cuba Sea Camo??

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Cuba Sea Camo??
    Do you have a photo example to work with? ...

Members who have read this thread: 2