A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...
Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

Tim, if you still stop by the Outhouse from time to time, I hope you see this thread. Somebody mentioned your A-29 would be perfect for my Moody AFB project.
    Boy! they were correct . I'm really enjoying flying it all over South Georgia.

Thank you for this model along with all your other contributions over the years to our flight sim experience.

RD

This'll be the first one I upload [shortly]. I'm rewriting a little more 'text' for the canopy release notes...something about grab the cable....and run like hell before it goes bang....
    ...but all seems to be do-able with the paintkit - just need to catch up to Tim first re that...

And here's an early-days-yet of the latest one...

Camo is fiddly.... right wing and underside still to do....text is temp/place holder only..
    attractive style though...

BTW, if you're interested in the A-29B, here's a good article on the program and its cancellation... Bad headline, but the rest is accurate.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/low-and-slow

It's taken a while....still to do that rescue text...but otherwise it's finished...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Some excellent Paints for my favorite piglet Aircraft of all time. They'll go very nice with Tako's USCG paint. I just saw on the news in the US the Emb/Sierra NV has a contract to build 6 Tucano's for the Lebanon Airforce. The other AF I'm missing is the Dominican AF. One of the Few Caribbean AF Operator's.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I saw an image hit to Tako's USCG ... was going to look into a high res rework of that too... but am concentrating on 'real' ones.... or those released with the model. First serious 'what-if' I do will probably be a Thunderbirds one....they're always 'fun' ...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Well if you decide to take a Whack at a fictional USCG Hi-Res. May I suggest a HITRON unit and assign it to Jacksonville FL or St.Pete CGAS. Elizabeth City, Kodiak CGAS are Sim USCG Hogs and get enough attention. Need some Reps for our FL Stations and TX and PR. Traverse City CGAS MI got the Iris C27J.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I saw an image hit to Tako's USCG ... was going to look into a high res rework of that too... but am concentrating on 'real' ones.... or those released with the model. First serious 'what-if' I do will probably be a Thunderbirds one....they're always 'fun' ...
    From the top of my head: Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Indonesia, are all A-29 operators.

First two wear interesting colors, too

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    BTW, if you're interested in the A-29B, here's a good article on the program and its cancellation... Bad headline, but the rest is accurate.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/low-and-slow
    Its the repetition of the never learning government officials story.As most here recall also in Vietnam there was the story that an F-105 was a bit quick to trace people on Ho-Chi-Minh Path and so the Skyraider had to come back.

And the next bloody nose is on the horizon-->Syria

But thats just my uneducated personal opinion

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    From the top of my head: Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Indonesia, are all A-29 operators.

First two wear interesting colors, too
    Yes, was looking at those three...
    Indonesia means yet another shark mouth...

Issue with the Burkina Faso is finding images of the wing markings....;p

Last edited by Jafo; November 4th, 2015 at 20:44.

Great stuff! It would be great to see the Chilean Super T as well :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I keep looking at the is thread in the faint hope that Tim has relented and come back to the fold.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Great stuff! It would be great to see the Chilean Super T as well :-)
    Shouldn't be too hard....looks like it's a wrap-around camo too...

Looks like the 'XT-MEB' is on the underside of the wings...so that's done....

Now off to Chile...

When something grabs your interest.. it certainly grabs your interest!!

Nice work (as per) mate
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    When something grabs your interest.. it certainly grabs your interest!!

Nice work (as per) mate
    ATB
    DaveB
    Does a bit .... but it's how I 'tweak' the paintkit so when released it might help people...

These are outstanding, with a recent mod to Tacpack this little guy, it's fun. Hope the Dominican Republic version is on the list, big teeth on them.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 2