A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad... - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

The TBirds one is finished...

The first 2 I'm planning to upload are the 2 that were included in Tim's release....the Brazil and Colombia ones.

As always there's an image I can't find....the squadron logo/whatever on the tailplane of the Colombian. One I used here isn't it.

I did a unrealised HD FAC repaint of the A-29 myself for some time ago and what you need is the badge for Escuadron de Combate 211. I remember finding a hi res picture of the badge somewhere on the net.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I did a unrealised HD FAC repaint of the A-29 myself for some time ago and what you need is the badge for Escuadron de Combate 211. I remember finding a hi res picture of the badge somewhere on the net.
    Jens.....yes, I finally worked out it was the 211 ....got an 'OK' res of it....still looking for a better one.

Biggest issue was knowing nothing more accurate than 'Colombian' ....

Here's how it is now...

Last edited by Jafo; November 17th, 2015 at 04:52.

Great set of repaints Jafo!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Compiling the first few for upload....
    ....meanwhile am doing this one....

Nice! Didn´t know that one
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

These two are the first two uploaded here now.
    They are both reworks [repaints] of the two included by Tim in his 2008 release....now rendered in 4096 resolution [DDS DXT5 format]...

Thanks for the first two Jafo! Will fly with them tonight!
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

These look great. Where can these repaints and the improved cockpit be downloaded? I'll have to move my A-29 from "Davis Monthan" {my archive folder} back to active status.

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    These look great. Where can these repaints and the improved cockpit be downloaded? I'll have to move my A-29 from "Davis Monthan" {my archive folder} back to active status.
    The uploads are here in the 'Warbirds Library' ....look under 'new'.
    I haven't released my widescreen 2D panel as yet....more to fiddle with...

I'm still 'fiddling' with my paintkit....and have revised the linework, adding 'dirt' and panel colouring.

Here's the 'before'...

...and here's the 'after' ...

Looks great Jafo!

Afghan AF version as at Moodys AFB has been uploaded here.
    There's a pic of it looking particularly dirty [must have been fuelled with diesel] so I did it that way...

Edit....note....this particular critter has external armour plates on the fuse.....they're not modelled so I've ignored them.

Edit 2 .... the Burkina Faso one has also been uploaded here...

Last edited by Jafo; November 18th, 2015 at 19:32.

Dominican Republic one uploaded here...

FAD-2904 - cn:31400164 - Escuadron de Combate Fuerza Aerea Dominicana - 2011

....and this one...

TT-3012 - cn:31400178 - Squadron 21 - Abdulrachman Saleh AFB Malang, East Java - Indonesia 2013

Mauritania AF uploaded.
    5T-MAW - cn:31400192 - Force Aerienne Islamique de Mauritanie Nouakchott - Mauritania - 2013

Edit.... and this "what if" ....USCG Hitron is uploaded.

Last edited by Jafo; November 19th, 2015 at 15:57.

In the last 5 uploads the weather has come in.....looks like rain...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Afghan AF version as at Moodys AFB has been uploaded here.
    There's a pic of it looking particularly dirty [must have been fuelled with diesel] so I did it that way...

Edit....note....this particular critter has external armour plates on the fuse.....they're not modelled so I've ignored them.

Edit 2 .... the Burkina Faso one has also been uploaded here...

Hi Mister Jafo! I was thinking about the armour plates on the afghan bird : could be possible to reproduce them
    drawing them as any other lines of the paint? On the real plane they are very evident and distinctive so rather than nothing ...
    I know NOTHING about painting so excuse me if my suggestion is not possible! One more time THANK YOU for all
    your beautiful paints!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hi Mister Jafo! I was thinking about the armour plates on the afghan bird : could be possible to reproduce them
    drawing them as any other lines of the paint? On the real plane they are very evident and distinctive so rather than nothing ...
    I know NOTHING about painting so excuse me if my suggestion is not possible! One more time THANK YOU for all
    your beautiful paints!
    I thought of that but they're quite 3 dimensional so a flat-paint representation of it would look like a cardboard cutout....just a little too 'fake'.
    I'll add the 'shapes' to my paint and post a screenshot to see whether people would accept it as a compromise...

Edit....here's what I came up with....down and dirty 'quick fix'....will always look 'OK' in a screenshot that is 2D ...but in the flesh [in game] it'll always be a bit less than ideal.
    I can upload this as a second variation....[when I do the right side too...and adjust a few details].

Last edited by Jafo; November 20th, 2015 at 19:34.

OK....was having some fun....saw someone had done this to a Hawk....so....

Might be worth finishing...

Nice Williams of the skies!

And here i´m doing an early target practice at Cachimbo Air Base (SBCC). Thanks for that!

This one was the most fun...
    I'll upload it presently....just helmets and tanks to do.

Edit...helmets styled to match...and 'Mobil 1' tanks....

I updated/finished the 'flat' armour panels on the Afghan one.
    Not hard to do...even if it's a bit of a cheat...

Right side...

Members who have read this thread: 2