A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad... - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

Wondering, has the Swiss one at Message #351 been released yet? A brief search fails to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Wondering, has the Swiss one at Message #351 been released yet? A brief search fails to find it...
    Not yet.... but it's next but one on the list to upload...

Just uploaded this one here...

Pilatus PC-7 cn:231 211 LW-91 Escuela De Aviacion Naval - 2012:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution. Textures only, requires Piglet's FSX native model - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=2261 ......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

Swiss one's next.

The way I've been doing them is that each paint adds to/evolves the paintkit until eventually I've worked out what each bit is and the best way to do it... which means eventually I go back to earlier paints and update them with the new detailing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-Chile-Final.jpg  

The Swiss Display one is uploaded...

Pilatus PC-7 cn:341 (A-933) Switzerland Air Force, Payerne Air Base, 2015:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution. Textures only, requires Piglet's FSX native model - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=2261 ......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

This one was done with a different spec. It's a 50% lighter spec with a 'brighter' alpha ...but seems to work OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-swiss-demo-Final3.jpg   PC-7-swiss-demo-Final.jpg  

I still have 5 more to upload.... just doing the 're-tweaking' ...

....like this one...not a PC-7 but a 9 in reality...

And this one....came with Tim's original release ... but I chased up some quirky details...like the map of Alaska on the tail so it'd look clean in 4096.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-Roulettes Final.jpg   PC-7-Forestry-Final.jpg  

Another one almost ready for upload....but I think there may be some small stripes on the ailerons .....

The spec was fun with this one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-swiss-Final2.jpg  

Just had a major hand operation so am limited to left-handed fiddling....for the moment.
    Trying to get a 'chrome' spinner....but i think there may be imosed limitations on the model texture as the closest i end up with is more like high-gloss grey. No amount of messing with the spec and alphas seems to help. Maybe i just flew into some cloud and lost my contrast....

Cast and bandage is off...so I can hold a mouse again.
    Just the stitches and rehab to deal with.
    Meanwhile....301 revised....then on to 302 and I can upload a bunch...

Edit....and there's 302 redone...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-Uruguay-301-Final.jpg   PC-7-Uruguay-302-Final.jpg  

Jafo, take it easy on that hand. We need it for the long run! Glad to hear things are on the uptick.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Jafo, take it easy on that hand. We need it for the long run! Glad to hear things are on the uptick.
    After months of Dupuytren's in my little finger it's a nice change to have them all pointing the same direction....

Meanwhile....early start on a Dutch one....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-dutch-1.jpg  

Getting there...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-dutch-2.jpg  

Getting close....but gotta find the squadron emblem on the tail....and the blackout I pinched from another one needs more tweaking...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-dutch-3.jpg  

Looks like it's the 131 squadron EMVO ...a bird in a triangle...but can't find a detail shot.....yet.

Well....I found a cloth patch version....and repainted it....
    This is about done....now for the later black version...

Read in my 'travels' that the black was chosen as being more visible than this yellow/red/white one..... gotta be a turn up for the cards...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-dutch-Final.jpg   PC-7-dutch-Final2.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; April 20th, 2016 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Assumed the underside was the light grey....
    ...about as far as I can go with it on one photo....

That looks like the European scheme used on USMC OV-10's in the 1980's. So yes the underside was light grey.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I wish piglet could see all 16 pages of this thread. It is a tribute to his creative genius. We miss him.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    I wish piglet could see all 16 pages of this thread. It is a tribute to his creative genius. We miss him.

Bob
    You and me both...

Meanwhile....the same l-10 ....only later ....and more to do...

Edit.....coming along....tail logo to do [again] ...and specs....

Edit again...

Finished.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-dutch-late-1.jpg   PC-7-dutch-late-2.jpg   PC-7-dutch-late-Final.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; April 21st, 2016 at 08:42.

There I was thinking it was finished....then discovered the spinner wasn't half yellow...half black....but it was in quarters.....
    Heaps of trial and error....[new pain bit]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-dutch-late-Final2.jpg  

USMC Super T

Just a little what if livery. If the USMC had purchased the Super T and re activated VMO-2. I may do a VMO-1 aircraft as well. JAFO, I borrowed your Mauritania repaint as a template.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ST-17.jpg   ST-13.jpg   ST-11.jpg   ST-2.jpg  
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Just a little what if livery. If the USMC had purchased the Super T and re activated VMO-2. I may do a VMO-1 aircraft as well. JAFO, I borrowed your Mauritania repaint as a template.
    Looks cool...
    Reminds me I should be uploading the paint kits for both the Super Tucano and the PC-7 ....though I'd really like to catch up with Tim first...for his OK.
    Last time I 'spoke' to him was when I was uploading the A12A Avenger II paint kit rework.

Did one of these for the Super Tucano....so had to check how much was involved in getting it onto the PC-7.....answer....not too hard...even though the layouts are quite different...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-RAF-1.jpg  

The RAF one is done.
    Time to upload some...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-RAF-Final.jpg  

These 2 have just been uploaded here....actually the same aircraft.... just different vintages.

Pilatus PC-7 cn:577 (L-10) Royal Netherlands Air Force, 131 EMVO Sqdn. (Elementaire Miltaire Vlieger Opleiding = Elementary Military Pilot School), 2000:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution. Textures only, requires Piglet's FSX native model - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=2261 ......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

and some years later....

Pilatus PC-7 cn:577 (L-10) Royal Netherlands Air Force, 131 EMVO Sqdn. (Elementaire Miltaire Vlieger Opleiding = Elementary Military Pilot School), 2013:- A High Definition repaint for Tim Piglet Conrad's model of the Pilatus PC-7 for FSX, in 4096 detail resolution. Textures only, requires Piglet's FSX native model - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=2261 ......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-dutch-Final2.jpg   PC-7-dutch-late-Final2.jpg  

One thing led to another and I'm now in the midst of a full rework of my 'kit'. Too much of it was OK, but NQR.... not when you're looking at it at pixel level.
    I found a few alignments that were close...but not close enough.... and of course one layer affects all the rest ... so it's taking some time.

A few bits still have to be fudged...as there are limits to the mapping.... like these teeth...

Quaintly....that spinner looks like concentric circles from this angle...but it's actually a spiral ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC-7-aligning1.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2