Milviz F-15 and P3D v3 :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milviz F-15 and P3D v3 :)

Yeah, be warned that Milviz doesn't provide the same level of support for their planes if purchased from a third-party website. Found this out when I couldn't get the P-38 upgrade. I had been a huge fan of their planes, but alas purchased most of their library from other retailers not knowing that made me a second-class customer.

So definitely buy directly from Milviz or you may get an old version, and you're unlikely to get upgrade support from them.

Is anybody else using the F-15 in P3Dv3 ?
    I'm getting a weird asymmetrical thrust power... both my engines are on and both throttles advance at the same time, but when I increase the throttle, the plane turns (rudder) left. It's especially annoying upon takeoff or landing :/
    On the ENG screen in the MFD, both engines run at the exact same parameters.

Hi Daube

Personnaly was unable to get engines started...at first though because I have an early version.

Asked Milviz Colin Pearson from Milviz about using F-15 on P3D v 3 and he answered "Hi,The MV F-15e will not work in P3D v anything as it requires certain code that is not in those. Neither will it work in FSXSteam. Sorry".

So I quited trying to use it on P3.
    When I asked Mr. Pearson if possible to get latest version for FSX, adding a purchase proof, he didn't had the consideration answering a mere yes, no, or unable to do so. Will never ask Milviz again for whatever reason, you know what I mean.

Best wishes

Hi,

To be eligible for getting the latest versions of any product directly from us, you have to have bought it from any of the following: JustFlight (as we are no longer working with them), Flight 1 and our own site.

When Colin answers emails he can be, as in real life, difficult. Especially when dealing with others. I know as I am married to him for the past 8 years. He makes good airplanes and helicopters and the team he runs seems to like him a lot. But dealing with clients and being diplomatic and tactful is, sadly, beyond him.

So, please, take his responses with a grain of salt. He isn't meaning to be rude or difficult. It really is the way he is. Even with me.

If you're not sure that you have the latest from any vendor, contact that vendor and ask. We try hard to make sure that all vendors have the latest products.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

To be eligible for getting the latest versions of any product directly from us, you have to have bought it from any of the following: JustFlight (as we are no longer working with them), Flight 1 and our own site.

When Colin answers emails he can be, as in real life, difficult. Especially when dealing with others. I know as I am married to him for the past 8 years. He makes good airplanes and helicopters and the team he runs seems to like him a lot. But dealing with clients and being diplomatic and tactful is, sadly, beyond him.

So, please, take his responses with a grain of salt. He isn't meaning to be rude or difficult. It really is the way he is. Even with me.

If you're not sure that you have the latest from any vendor, contact that vendor and ask. We try hard to make sure that all vendors have the latest products.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Hi
    Tried to get latest version of Milviz F-15 (Daube says he owns 1.1.0.74). When I asked Mr. Pearson if compatible with P3d V3 he answered no, ok with me, bought it for FSX. Then and since I knew there's a new last version, emailed him once more requesting how to get it ,for FSX with an attached file "proof of purchase" from Flight One (attached) And this because when I requested it from vendor:
    Hello,

You need to get this from the Milviz website, www.milviz.com
    Thanks!
    Jeff Smith
    Flight One Software

So I asked Milviz and for this request, got no answer from Mr Pearson. With all due respect , and I undesrtand what you mean, if Mr Pearson has you say, difficulties when dealing with clients so any other person must assume the job. Not going to keep discussing this matter so I'll keep my older version of F-15 (excellent) for FSX. F-86 looks very good on P3D v3.
    Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Proof_of_Purchase_F-15E.jpg  

Hi everybody

Got latest version of F-15, thanks to Kat from Milviz...

So does it work in v3 for you?
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Boss86001 View Post
    So does it work in v3 for you?
    Tried it today just to answer you and, like Mr Colin Pearson said, no. But it looks great on FSX (wich after much consideration going to stop using).

Thanks. Will have to stay with the Iris F-15.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I have a bunch of Milviz stuff I bought for FSX that I dearly wish would work in P3Dv3, but it still appears to be a very 'grey' area for them, which I find really surprising.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    I have a bunch of Milviz stuff I bought for FSX that I dearly wish would work in P3Dv3, but it still appears to be a very 'grey' area for them, which I find really surprising.
    Milviz F-86 works perfectly, at least for my needs...

The Baron was working fine in P3Dv2 as well, but I haven't reinstalled it in v3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    We are working hard to update everything in our hanger to work with P3Dv3, but honestly for some of the advanced aircraft it will take awhile since L-M have made some rather major changes that we have to re-work some things to accommodate.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Just to confirm, the Baron B55, in its latest version (which had a double installer for FSX and P3D) works and displays well in P3Dv3.
    The popup panel for chocks/props/pitot display works well also.
    The only strange thing I saw was the fuel flow gauge that was showing very high values (impossible to keep in the green for me), but it might just be because of my short flight at low altitude, i don't know...

Small update:
    In P3Dv3.0, the Milviz F-15 was suffering from a strange asymetrical engine trust which was pushing the plane noze to the left upon increasing engines throttles.
    In P3Dv3.1, it seems this bug is gone The F-15 now flies normally. I haven't spotted any bugs so far. Of course, the weapons still don't work, you can only show them on the plane (load manager is fine) which is enough for me at the moment.

Today I made an evening flight from Bowerman to Comox.
    It was quite enjoyable, excepted for the fact that I absolutely need to read the manual to understand how to turn on the ILS on the HUD....

Anyways, I noticed a very small problem, nothing critical but anyways... Basically, the canopy becomes completely transparent at night. During the day it looks perfect (this is seriously one of the best-looking canopies in the FSX/P3D addons), but at night it looks invisible

Here are two shots showing what I'm talking about. Please note I have edited the shots to make them clearer:

What could it be ? A missing texture or a kind of a bug in the graphic engine of the sim ? Just curious

Just for comparison, in the evening the canopy glass starts to become a little bit invisible, but the reflections keep it visible enough:

And in day time, everything seems fine:

For info, the F-15 works in P3Dv3.2 as well.
    Of course, just like with the previous versions of P3D, the weapons don't work, but the load manager works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    For info, the F-15 works in P3Dv3.2 as well.
    Of course, just like with the previous versions of P3D, the weapons don't work, but the load manager works well.

When you say the weapons don't work but the manager does, do you mean that like in the picture they at least appear? In FSX-SE I press SHIFT-3 and select weapons but none of them show up in the model.

Did you check if the following lines have been added to the FSX-SE DLL.xml file ?

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>MILVIZPACK</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\MILVIZ\Milviz_pack.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>MILVIZ_F15E_Nav</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\MILVIZ\F15E_Nav.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

Hi,

So I was mucking around with an AI drone (the Tac Pack one) and some AI drones I created in P3D V3.2 and I thought a good way to test them out would be to use the Milviz F-15E as I haven't figured out the VRS Superbug's weapons yet. Interestingly I had previously tried the F-15E in FSX:SE and experienced some CTDs so I wasn't too confident about it in P3D. I copied the relevant files to P3D and added the entries for the dll.xml. I fired up the sim and selected the F-15E, and the only problem I could see up to this stage was that the model wasn't appearing correctly; it had a few missing panels. Once loaded the cockpit appeared fine and I started the engines and all the systems, took off and flew around with no issues. I even managed to lock on to a target and launch a missile (using the keyboard because for some reason my pickle button wasn't working on my controller). The missile flew along its trajectory and when it was just about to impact the target, or when it did impact the target, P3D simply closed with no warnings or error messages. I'm not sure if it was because I hit the Tac Pack target with the F-15E missile, or some other issue.

Does anyone have any idea why the model wouldn't be appearing normally? Really this was the only non combat issue, which I don't even mind because I spend 99% of the time inside the cockpit. Please see the pics below:

Cheers,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-6-13_2-52-38-913.jpg   2016-6-13_2-56-8-734.jpg   2016-6-13_2-52-33-519.jpg   2016-6-13_2-52-24-461.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0