Combat Flight Sim to FS9

Thread: Combat Flight Sim to FS9

Hybrid View

Members +

Combat Flight Sim to FS9

Hi guys,

Is it possible to convert any aircraft or vehicles from any of the CFS's to FS9?
    There are some great things there that I would love to have in my FS9/Golden Wings.

Hi Zswobbie, yes, it is possible to port over most CFS2 aircraft and vehicles made with gmax and FSDS to FS9. The default CFS2 flyable aircraft can be ported over easily. They just need some lines added to the flightsim entries in their aircraft cfgs like the model and make of the aircraft, for example. Have a look in an FS9 default aircraft's folder and look at its aircraft cfg and you'll see why.

Not CFS1 aircraft as the models are incompatiable with FS9 due to the older design programs used to make them.
    Mark

Yes, pretty much any cfs 2 model made with gmax or fsds2 will work with fs9.
    As Mark says, you'll need to add the ui entries in cfg file, and also remove the dp entries and dp file.
    (Damage profile used by cfs2)

Ttfn

Pete

Members +
    Thought so. I have done some of that, changing panels or gauges where needed. I just did not think it was so easy. CFS 3 a no-no?
    Many thanks.
    Robin

No, the cfs3 models won't work in fs9 as they're designed specifically for cfs3. Although I think you can use the aircraft sounds in fs9.
    Mark

Members +
    Thanks. There are some weird planes that I've seen, also vehicles but I just cannot remember where. I'll keep on searching.
    If a guy can do a decent freeware, I'll give it a try. Simming can be fun as well! ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 5