Tinkering with new battleship - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinkering with new battleship

not trying to be critical, only offering info, "Truman's Mule" has a slight difference between the front turret compared to the other two turrets

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USS-Missouri-BB-63.jpg  

Hi norab, I think Truman's Mule is post WWII, I'm building the WWII era model of BB63 and going by images from that time period. I'll double check just in case I'm wrong though. Is "Truman's Mule" fs9?

"Truman's Mule" was a nickname crewmen of the "New Jersey" used for the "Missouri"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture13.jpg   Capture14.jpg   Capture15.jpg   Capture16.jpg   Capture12.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture12.jpg  

Thanks for the update, looks great!

Note on the turrets, the sides are not straight but have a jog with maybe a 10 deg angle. The forward rangefinders for turret one were removed post war on all four ships. So the various features vary as to the date and also vary from ship to ship.

T

Here's a top view of the turret. I'm building the ship the way it looked in 45.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture17.jpg  

There is a good reference for the turrets and mounts at HNSA.org, a turret and mount "catalog" with drawings of most all of those used during WWII. Many but not all have dimensions as well.

Cheers: T

Hows this for a fire control system?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture18.jpg   Capture19.jpg   Capture20.jpg  

Looks good!

Icon26

She has a little more detail now!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture21.jpg   Capture22.jpg   Capture23.jpg   Capture24.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture26.jpg   Capture25.jpg   Capture27.jpg   Capture28.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0