Last flight of US Airways

Thread: Last flight of US Airways

Last flight of US Airways

Today, another US airline fades into history.

US Airways will take it's final flight From San Francisco to Philadelphia under flight number AA1939.

Read all about it here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...rger/73922874/
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Darned, now I misspelled the title

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Darned, now I misspelled the title
    Fixed it...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

They took over and erased our beloved Piedmont Airlines (whom some of my family worked for). I was on the ramp when the last ever Piedmont 737 unceremoniously departed. To be honest, for some this is a bit of poetic justice seeing the US Airways name go. Especially considering some of the foul treatment the old Piedmont Employees received after the transition in 1989(most of my family that were former Piedmont employees were laid off by US Air Corporate despite the claims they would be kept on for the long haul). US Air/US Airways had an overall rough run anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At this rate there will soon just be one big conglomerate. Then watch fares soar.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

in the early 80's, I took a flight from Buffalo, NY to Minneapolis, MN. Flight began as Allegheny and ended as US Air.
    When we arrived in Minneapolis, for some reason we didn't align with the jetway, and efforts to re-do that failed. So a sheet of plywood was stretched between the jetway and the plane for us to deplane.

Should have suspected something then, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    At this rate there will soon just be one big conglomerate. Then watch fares soar.
    I can see it now, ...Ben Dover Airlines.

Paul,

Thanks for fixing the title.

===================================

Interesting, reading peoples experiences with mergers.

Usually mergers don't turn out well for everyone. Specially employees. Every time corporate will state to employees from both sides that they don't have to worry about their employment, but in how many cases did it not result in loss of jobs?

But in the end it is still sad to see another US Airline fade into history. Will we really end up with only one airline in this country, being Sky One???

American Airlines will likely end up shorting the US Airways folks in one way or another. They weren't the best to the old TWA folks on that merger. These days I do all I can to avoid flying on the Majors. I pick the smaller carriers as much as I can for domestic travel and when going south of the border, I usually fly on Avianca or LAN (both IMO have service that eclipses service from US Major Carriers). My last 6 flights on American were horrible. All of them late, the food was stale or cold, etc and I paid very premium prices for the tickets. I ended up writing a complaint on the last 4 flights and it basically went through one ear & out of the other. I haven't flown on American since (nearly 10 years and counting). To be honest, I am in favor of seeing more of the little guys grow and boost the competition. Thus far, it's saved me a lot of money on trans-con and domestic travel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0