VFR Simulations Cessna 170B Project update thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VFR Simulations Cessna 170B Project update thread.

VFR Simulations Cessna 170B Project update thread.

Good-day.

To those interested, and/or invested in the Cessna 170B project, for FSX and P3D, I've posted a few updates at the following links:

Joining Forces
    Project Scope & Details

Also, I'll add to this thread as needed, in the coming weeks.

Best regards!
    - Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Joseph!

Been following the "November Two Seven Seven One Charlie" project on facebook... Astounding! My first and only stick time (so far ~ 3.5 hrs ) has been in this beauty!

Looking forward!

Roman

Looking very nice Joseph. Patiently waiting

Pre-ordered. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post
    Pre-ordered. Can't wait!

Well you gonna have to...
    Anneke

Thank-you for the comments!

It's really been quite wonderful, working with the Cessna owner community. We've had enthusiastic support from 170 owners, from all over the world! We've also had reports of youth getting motivated to continue pursuit of aviation, and their PPL. This is what it's all about.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Yes that's great. But how's the virtual plane progressing? Any update pics would be nice...
    Anneke

How about an update?

Yes, Joseph, if you were raising cash on Kickstarter or IndieGoGo, you would be obliged to provide timely updates on development progress. As investors in your product, we have a right to demand an estimate of the delivery as well as timely updates.

Otherwise we could ask for refunds.

I am patient, too. It'll be done when it's done.

But please communicate!

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post
    Yes, Joseph, if you were raising cash on Kickstarter or IndieGoGo, you would be obliged to provide timely updates on development progress. As investors in your product, we have a right to demand an estimate of the delivery as well as timely updates.
    Otherwise we could ask for refunds.
    I am patient, too. It'll be done when it's done.
    But please communicate!
    If I am to understand what the links that Joseph has provided above, they provide information on what the intent of the project will be and what they hope to include as far as specs. The actual model, and this is a guess based only on what I can find on those sites and the facebook page, is currently at the stage shown below as posted on Oct. 17th.

Thanks for pointing out that picture, Ed. It's better than nothing.

At least we can watch the real-life paint dry here:

https://www.facebook.com/2771C

Good-day,

Many aspects of this simulated 170B development tie into real-world aircraft, and products. So we're only leaking very few development/in-game screenshots, until all of the paperwork is finalized with these individuals and companies. Still dotting the I's so to speak.

There will be frequent updates on the homepage as these items progress.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

https://www.vfrsim.com/forum/index.php/topic,12.0.html

wanted to get some news about the Cessna 170b project...

The hot and dry Idaho summer has prevented us from completing the audio recordings for the Continental C-145, Lycoming IO-360, and other(s). We're looking forward to cooler, and more moist weather to come our way.

Sorry the the lack of progress updates. There's a lot that we don't care to disclose just yet. Many groundbreaking features.

Best,
    - Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Wasn't this supposed to be finished last year sometime ?

Very uncool response . I have paid well over a year ago and still dont have a clue to its status .

Does it have a status ?

The cloak of secrecy just smells of BS . So the summer is too hot, well how's the shade ?

Icon13

Too be honest, I'll think you need to write your investment off. I don't think this plane will see the light of. day. This reeks of a scheme.
    Anneke

That sure is a fancy website.
    Pre order an aircraft started over a year ago with no meaningful updates since then: Sign me up!

After working almost a year on the back-end (that non-dramatic coding stuff...), we're starting to make strides on the front-end.

Small update here. 2-month timeline before we show you some of the extraordinary.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I LOVE your SOLO implementation. Being able to configure a model rather than having rigid 'versions' to select from is much more desirable...
    I can't wait to see it operate.
    Also this air frame is a favorite of mine.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thank-you. The underlying idea is that any solid object you load onto the aircraft, will have a physical effect, no matter how slight.

Let's study the Sportsman STOL for example, which is being featured. The product dramatically effects the airfoil of the wing, at the leading edge. Several factors are manipulated, including drag, lift, AoA, and weight. The product reduces stall speeds in a most noticeable fashion, and considerably more than comparable STOL kits. This is considered a great improvement to the classic 170B. The patent holder, and also primary distributor are both partnered with VFR Simulations.

Maybe the change is less subtle. There's a larger cowling lip, we call a seaplane lip, which is essentially a 3" fairing. (compared to the stock 3/4") It provides more adequate scavenging of air over the cylinder heads, for more effective cooling on hot days, or under more load. Such as being operated with floats. Of course, that big lip has a small amount of barely noticeable drag. It's actually a part that was provided by Cessna.

A most common improvement, which is found on most 170's today is the Cleveland wheel and brake setup. The braking quality, and response is double that of the factory equipped goodyear brakes.

No matter great or small, every option, every feature impacts the physics of the airplane.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I think it is a terrific development for this sim. Unexpected too. You kept it well under wraps I'd say
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Joseph, simply...amazing. I got goose bumps reading your development update. Rarely happens to me when reading about sim. But this is game changing. I have some questions for you...will PM. I really am excited about this approach to simulation.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Looking good! Quick question. Will i be able to use the "stock '54 cowling with the 180hp conversion? I like the look of the stock version better, plus my Dads friend stuffed a IO-360 in there and retained he original cowling.

Ryan
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

Thanks gents.

Ryan,

We considered more 'stock-ish' looking cowlings. However, essentially, it's one of the 'cons' if you want to call it that, of the big Lycoming 4 cyl. Firstly the filtered air inlet doesn't come close to aligning. Second, the side blister is a must to clear the cylinder heads. And thirdly, the exhaust holes must be patched. Almost always the nose-bowl is replaced, to accommodate the large starter ring gear. Usually the end result is pretty noticeable, though some of these things can be disguised. Currently there are two primary STC's that are commonly used for the Lycoming conversion, though many have been done with others and or field approval.

The Continental 360 fits in the stock cowling nicely, with almost no externally visual modifications. Maybe your dads friend has that? I know Shawn Holley up in AK, who has won numerous Valdez STOL competitions runs the TCIO-360 in his airplane, with the stock 54 cowling. In fact we're working on including that conversion as well, if we can dot some I's and cross some T's. The TC motor is kinda the big brother to the C-145/O-300, and is also a 6 cyl.

Thanks,
    - Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

He probably has the Continental. Two more questions, will there be more variants than wheels, and is the pre-order cost going to be less than the cost when it hits stores?

Here is a picture of his plane:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AK-AVI-01360-L.jpg  
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

This is all great news and this product is eagerly awaited!

Members who have read this thread: 0