RAF West Raynham

Thread: RAF West Raynham

RAF West Raynham

Terry Boissel has released his version of this old Canberra base for FSX.
    Get it at avsim.

Dave

Great stuff, ive got a traffic file somewhere for John Youngs Hunter's, i'll have to dig it out and get it to work, watch out for Marham Victors when climbing out, defiantly a case of giving way to the left

there must be something in the Norfolk soil, some of those trees are huge--

cheers ian

Thanks for the HU Dave, it really looks great!

Cheers,
    Huub

One thing to watch our for, while I think of it:

Terry has used "EGUQ" as it's descriptor, rather than the more familiar "EGWR" that earlier versions of West Raynham have used - so watch out for duplicates appearing.

It would have been nice to have the Bloodhounds there, but there are no FSX models available. Some were done for FS9 a while ago, but their FSX counterparts never arrived. Shame.

What we need now are some AI repaints for the West Raynham-based squadrons.

Dave

Thought i'd test out Mike Hudsons FS9 Bloodhound scenery objects, expecting to place them myself with Instant-scenery, presently surprised to discover they were already place'd in the WR scenery bgl by the designer, seem to work fine on my system
    Download from flightsim and install via the scenery library,

Thanks for that.

Your country needs Bloodhound pilots.....

Dave

Traffic file for JY RAF Hunters (54 sqn)

Ian,

Please do see if you can get your traffic file to allow John Young's 54 Sqn Hunters to use RAF Raynham. Need some activity here.

Regards,

Bill

Here you go, see if this works, a very simple file adapted from my own WR scenery from many years ago, i'd love to tidy up the parking and taxiways but this scenery is all ADEX, objects and ADE file. if i compile-export, i just lose all the objects, found that out when i tried to remove the over-sized trees,
    Scenery still looks good with Hunters on the tarmac

Here's the file----

SOH-CM-2021
    I went on an interesting trip with two Hunters from the CFE at West Raynham back in 1958, (I think it was 58). They went down to Aden for evaluation trials, and we carried the ground crews plus all their gear in our Hastings. A long trip with lots of stops, due to the lack of air to air refuelling.

When we arrived at WR from Colerne, our skipper reported a mag drop on No1 engine, which upset our engine fitter mightily. After he'd done the necessary, we had to do an engine run. I was only 19, and had the dubious pleasure of occupying the pilots position. The hunter personnel watched on with great interest as we ran all four engines, and couldn't get over the fact that this was done by two young guys and no aircrew on board. This was the usual way of doing things, so was no big deal to us.

Two Gnats went down to Aden for evaluation also, and surprisingly out performed the Hunter in all aspects except the one that they were wanted for, namely the ground attack role. Unfortunate for the Gnat, which I always thought was very underrated.

Sorry for reliving my memories, but they were stirred by the mention of West Raynham.

Den.

Ian,

Thank you very much for the traffic file. The Hunters do indeed look great there!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Ian,

Thank you very much for the traffic file. The Hunters do indeed look great there!

Bill
    My ORBX England has trees growing out of the runways and aprons. Any ideas how to remove them?

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    My ORBX England has trees growing out of the runways and aprons. Any ideas how to remove them?
    Make sure everything about this scenery is above orbx stuff in scenery library. That may help.

Interestingly my 1973 Pooley's guide has West Raynham's ICAO code as EGYV - Ho hum ....

Ian I could have sworn blind he did Fsx native Bloodhounds at one point I'll dig around in my multiple HDD's over the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by NOSNILMOT View Post
    Interestingly my 1973 Pooley's guide has West Raynham's ICAO code as EGYV - Ho hum ....
    EGYV is correct.

We used Bloodhound missiles by Steve Anderson in the Team SDB version of West Raynham.

Ive ditch'd that version a long while back and have since used a version by Brian Clark, found in the MAIW library (which you have to register to use) and adapted it to FSX for my own use only, and i have'nt used it for a while and cant seem to find it in my scenery library, got a nasty feeling ive accidently deleted it

The FSX version mentioned in the title is file raf_west_raynham.zip at Avsim done by Terry Boissel. As it has an other author, it is most probably not the same as the one by MAIW. But as I don't have it installed I can not confirm.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0