Improvement for Virtavia Sea King (FSX version)

Thread: Improvement for Virtavia Sea King (FSX version)

Improvement for Virtavia Sea King (FSX version)

*A Suggestion for an Improvement to FSX Sea King*

A chance comment in connection with Sea King helicopters by two of our forum members Ian Elliott and Skippy Bing, has prompted me into some thought about how nice it would be to have the upgraded x-plane 10 version of the excellent Virtavia/Dawson Designs Sea King available in all it's glory to FSX users!

Most notable 'working features', being; (Skippy will like this bit 'cos it has an abbreviation) the AFCS Automatic Flight Control System, which allows the pilot to maintain a steady hover, and to transition into and out of the hover, also to maintain a set height above the ground/water. Further is the Hover Indicator, the Rotor Brake lever, a functional landing gear lever, and among other 'clickable switches', there's a useful 'mini-menu' switch built in to the panel and allows a selection of view points, functions etc., to be choosen.

If this can be made available for x-plane 10 users, then why not for FSX?

Feels like we're missing out a bit don't you think?

ChipShop.
    Last edited by ChipShop; October 20th, 2015 at 13:34. Reason: Original post a little misleading.

Another improvement would be the Paint Kit. I'm currently doing a Connie paint for the SH3D and unhelpfully.. the SH3D (white/grey) has all the stuff we like to tweak saved on that layer (eg, dirt, rivets e t c) so.. I'm having to paint them all out and re-rivet Nice one fellas

From the title of the thread, I thought you were highlighting updates for the FSX model.. not posting it as a 'wish list'. For this.. you'll go straight to bed with no supper!!

ATB
    DaveB

Amended Post

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Another improvement would be the Paint Kit. I'm currently doing a Connie paint for the SH3D and unhelpfully.. the SH3D (white/grey) has all the stuff we like to tweak saved on that layer (eg, dirt, rivets e t c) so.. I'm having to paint them all out and re-rivet Nice one fellas

From the title of the thread, I thought you were highlighting updates for the FSX model.. not posting it as a 'wish list'. For this.. you'll go straight to bed with no supper!!

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks for pointing that one out Dave didn't know there was a wish list section on the forum ('til now); I've amended the post a little to make it more clear, that it's only a suggestion!

Ref to supper; too late Mate; already had it! Ha, ha!

Honestly though, d'you think it could happen?

ChipShop

A lot of that extra stuff you're referring to are plugin based features that just don't easily translate into an FSX equivalent. And in one case, the smart menu that is used on the XP version of the Sea King, is licensed from another XP heli developer.

I will admit, although I still spend a lot of time in FSX fixed wing aircraft, I've moved all of my helicopter flying (and a good deal of my fixed wing flying as well) over to X-Plane. I'm not a pedant in regards to the flight model; it's just that the offerings by Dreamfoil are that good.
    Jim Stewart

I'm sure there are already AFCS gauges available.. wouldn't be surprised if RobB hadn't done at least one. In fact.. there may be one here in the library. If not.. at Hovercontrol

Other than that.. it would be nice to have a few more switches functional in the Sea King. Regardless.. it's still the most flown helicopter I have and I have quite a few
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

I'm sure there are already AFCS gauges available.. wouldn't be surprised if RobB hadn't done at least one. In fact.. there may be one here in the library. If not.. at Hovercontrol

Other than that.. it would be nice to have a few more switches functional in the Sea King. Regardless.. it's still the most flown helicopter I have and I have quite a few
    ATB
    DaveB
    There are AFCS third party gauges available. I have one for both hover control and for autopilot. AS532_hover_hc412.gau was one, and AVAD something. I got both from hovercontrol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    There are AFCS third party gauges available. I have one for both hover control and for autopilot. AS532_hover_hc412.gau was one, and AVAD something. I got both from hovercontrol.com.
    Hmm, That sounds like a possibility, I'll look at those ejoiner, thanks.

Yes JimmyRFR; I hear what you say, I did have x-plane purely for flying the Sea King myself; however, I just couldn't get on with the way their system works, nor did I particularly like their scenery! A personal choice of course!

ChipShop

Members who have read this thread: 0