Working on my Willys CJ3B jeep....

Thread: Working on my Willys CJ3B jeep....

Working on my Willys CJ3B jeep....

I bought a 1954 Willys CJ3B jeep this past August. It is in fair shape, not restored exactly. But definitely runs great. I have had fun, steadily working on various things like rust removal, cleaning the engine, replacing fuel lines, etc.... I've ordered/received rebuild kits for the steering Bellcrank, brake & clutch pivot shaft linkage. Also bought a steering stabilizer (the old jeeps are prone to what is known as a "death wobble" in the front end).

This makes the fourth jeep I've owned. Previously I had a 1974 CJ (with a V8... it was bad a..s!), then a 1952 M38, and the last one prior to this one was a 1945 MB, restored, with a M100 trailer.

This jeep is not nearly in the condition my previous ones were. But I can't afford to restore it.

I am just having fun working on it. My most recent "achievement" was removing the alternator, ordering the correct brackets for it (plus getting a new, smaller pulley put on the alternator), reinstalling everything, and actually starting it again. A most wonderful sound! This may not mean much to some, but I am NOT very knowledgable about working on vehicles! Which is one of the reasons my previous jeeps didn't require much to maintain! NC

Took these pictures today.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jeep1.jpg   jeep2.jpg  

Nice!
    Better shape than my '97 Rusty Wrangler.
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

Members who have read this thread: 0