Yashico aircraft preservation thread... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yashico aircraft preservation thread...

Ki-27 "Kou" 59SQ.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Yashico legacy

Description: Upload of Yashico's Ki-27 Nate, long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

Uploaded by Finn.

NOV 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Ki-27 "Kou" 59SQ.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Ki-27 "Kou" 64SQ.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Yashico legacy

Description: Upload of Yashico's Ki-27 Nate, long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

Uploaded by Finn.

NOV 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Ki-27 "Kou" 64SQ.zip

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon26 Today's update

Hi everybody!

This is today's update, we are doing real good!

#4 A5M4 "Claude" (A,B,C,D) ---------------------------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 97 Ki-27 "Nate" (A,B,C,D) --------------------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 N1K1J Shiden (J, Ja Kou, Ja Kou, Jb Otsu) --------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 A7M1 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) ---------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 A7M2 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) ---------------------------------> A re-uploaded, B missing
    #2 B7A2 Ryusei-Kai "Grace" (A -752 Navy Sq., B - Yokosuka-Ku) -----------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 0 F1M2B "Pete" (Chitose, Kamikawa-Maru, 958 Sq., Yamato) -----> all re-uploaded
    #3 Ki-43-I "Oscar" (A - Kou, B - Otsu, C - Hei) -------------------------------> A, C re-uploaded, B missing
    #5 Ki-44-II "Tojo" (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Hei E)--------------------> C, E re-uploaded (A, B, D from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #2 Ki-61-II "Tony II" (A - Rokuichi-Kai, B - 56 Sq. bubbletop) --------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Ki-84 "Frank" (Kou A, Kou B, Kou C, Otsu D)-----------------------------> B, C re-uploaded, A and D missing
    #5 Ki-100-I (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Otsu E) -------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #1 B-29A AI ---------------------------------------------------------------------> re-uploaded

[Umiwashi-no Kaikou] Aircraft Pack -------------------------------------------> missing

Thank you Finn for uploading the Kawanishi N1K1Ja (B) which completes Yashico's George series, the Mitsubishi A7M1 (A) prototype completing the M1 Reppu series and the Nakajima Ki-27 (A) & (B), which completes the Nate series.

I completed the Ki-100-I series sent to me by kwb737, as attached.

I will be getting the Ki-44 "Tojo" A, B and D ready over the weekend and upload them on Monday. They will complete the Tojo series.

All we have left to find to have Yashico's entire collection restored to SOH are:

1. A7M2 "Reppu" (B) fictional
    2. Ki-84 "Frank" A & D
    3. Ki-43-I "Hayabusa" B

Four models plus the aircraft pack left. Not too bad, I dare say. A good weekend to everybody!

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YS2Ki100_Otsu_E_111Sq.jpg   YS2Ki100_Otsu_D_5Sq.jpg   YS2Ki100_Otsu_C_244Sq.jpg   YS2Ki100_Kou_B_59Sq.jpg  
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

I have the A7M2B (Fictional) and will upload it today....DONE

It looks strangely like the one Kdriver uploaded with the same tail ID.
    Yashiko's original readme file in this one definitely says it is the B (Fictional) model.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    I have the A7M2B (Fictional) and will upload it today....DONE

It looks strangely like the one Kdriver uploaded with the same tail ID.
    Yashiko's original readme file in this one definitely says it is the B (Fictional) model.
    It's a duplicate entry of the A7B2B. I believe you and Kdriver uploaded the same aircraft. The A7M2A Reppu Experimental No,3 and it has a different tail # but it will not load for me so I emailed Kelti to look at it. Also looks like there is a duplicate for the F1M2 PETE Seaplane Carrier "Kamikawa-Maru also.
    Last edited by kwb737; November 6th, 2015 at 11:16.

Not yet there

Friends, I fear we are far from having it all. What about the seaplane carrier "Kamikawa-Maru" and the battleship Yamoto? (OK, this latter ship has been created by others). I received a kind mail from mr. Yashico himself with the codes for his creations, and here he mentioned also those ships. Since he allowed them codes, he surely must have put them on the net, right? I uploaded said mail in my upload too, so please look for his listing. Yasihco was a true artist, and his work deserves to be preserved. Unfortunately we have lost so many talented geniusses lately, but as long as CFS-2 still is alive and kickin' we should strive to preserve their legacy here. By the way: Upload is very difficult, if you have more than just one, single file. This should be amended.
    Finn

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Friends, I fear we are far from having it all. What about the seaplane carrier "Kamikawa-Maru" and the battleship Yamoto? (OK, this latter ship has been created by others). I received a kind mail from mr. Yashico himself with the codes for his creations, and here he mentioned also those ships. Since he allowed them codes, he surely must have put them on the net, right? I uploaded said mail in my upload too, so please look for his listing. Yasihco was a true artist, and his work deserves to be preserved. Unfortunately we have lost so many talented geniusses lately, but as long as CFS-2 still is alive and kickin' we should strive to preserve their legacy here. By the way: Upload is very difficult, if you have more than just one, single file. This should be amended.
    Finn
    The codes and items you are referring to are not for ships but seaplanes assigned to those ships you mentioned. "Kamikawa-Maru", "Yamoto".

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Yashico aircraft preservation thread...

Kelti, et al

I checked my A7m2B file and is the same as DD73's Tail code Reversed "E"-168.

This is from a file DL'ed from Yashico's original site in 2010, so I'm pretty sure it's the valid one for it.

I checked the rest of my Yashico dls, and You already have what I have.

Sorry not to get back sooner but my Yashico files were in storage, which meant a 300 mile round trip, so it had to wait till I was going that way anyway.
    AAF Lament:

"Glory! No more regulations!
    Rip them down at every station!
    Ground the guy that tries to make one!
    And LET US FLY LIKE HELL!"

From "There I Was...Flat On My Back" by Bob Stevens

Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic

Found the problem of why the YS2A7M2A would not load. Problem was in the panel cfg. file. I deleted what was in there and aliased it to the B model it fixed the problem and now loads properly.

[fltsim]
    alias=YS2A7M2B\panel

Nakajima Ki-84-I (A) "Kou", 246sq.zip

Description: Upload of Yasuhiko Sasaki's Nakajima Ki-84-I (A) "Kou" 246th Sq., long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

Uploaded on behalf of Yashico by Finn.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nakajima Ki-84-I (A) "Kou", 246sq.zip

Nakajima Ki-84-I (D) "Otsu" 104sq.zip

Description: Upload of Yasuhiko Sasaki's Nakajima Ki-84-I (D) "Otsu," long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nakajima Ki-84-I (D) "Otsu" 104sq.zip

Yashico Ki-43I (B) Akeno Flight School.zip

Description: Upload of Yasuhiko Sasaki's Ki-43 I (B) Hayabusa "Oscar" long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Yashico Ki-43I (B) Akeno Flight School.zip

Nakajima Type2 Interceptor (As Ki-44-II) "Shoki-Kou" Akeno SQ.zip

Description: Upload of Yasuhiko Sasaki's Nakajima Type2 interceptor (As Ki-44-II) "Shoki-Kou" Akeno long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nakajima Type2 Interceptor (As Ki-44-II) "Shoki-Kou" Akeno SQ.zip

Nakajima Type2 Intercepter (As Ki-44-II) "Shouki-Kou" independent 47sq.zip

Description: Upload of Yasuhiko Sasaki's Nakajima Type2 Intercepter (As Ki-44-II) "Shouki-Kou" independent 47sq., long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nakajima Type2 Intercepter (As Ki-44-II) "Shouki-Kou" independent 47sq.zip

Nakajima Type2 Intercepter (As Ki-44-II) "Shoki-Otsu" 47sq.zip

Description: Upload of Yasuhiko Sasaki's Nakajima Type2 Intercepter (As Ki-44-II) "Shoki-Otsu" 47sq. long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nakajima Type2 Intercepter (As Ki-44-II) "Shoki-Otsu" 47sq.zip

Yashico Polikarpov I-16 (AI only).zip

Description: Upload of Yashico's Polikarpov I-16 for AI use only, long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

Uploaded by Finn.

NOV 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Yashico Polikarpov I-16 (AI only).zip

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, I could've chipped in a couple of Yashico's planes from my files. Just FYI, I also have the A7M2B Reppu and mine has the same Yokosuka Air Group paint job as what has already been posted: katakana "Yo" character (backwards E) -168 so I'm pretty sure that's the legit "B" model. This is a great project to preserve Yashico's flight sim legacy, thank you everybody for uploading his stuff.

Icon26 Thank you!

Hi everybody!

Many thanks to Finn for his weekend uploads, I was not aware of the I-16 AI existence, Yashico did not mention it in the password file he sent to me.

Here's today's update:

#4 A5M4 "Claude" (A,B,C,D) ---------------------------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 97 Ki-27 "Nate" (A,B,C,D) --------------------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 N1K1J Shiden (J, Ja Kou, Ja Kou, Jb Otsu) --------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 A7M1 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) ---------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 A7M2 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) --------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 B7A2 Ryusei-Kai "Grace" (A -752 Navy Sq., B - Yokosuka-Ku) -----------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 0 F1M2B "Pete" (Chitose, Kamikawa-Maru, 958 Sq., Yamato) -----> all re-uploaded
    #3 Ki-43-I "Oscar" (A - Kou, B - Otsu, C - Hei) -------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #5 Ki-44-II "Tojo" (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Hei E) --------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 Ki-61-II "Tony II" (A - Rokuichi-Kai, B - 56 Sq. bubbletop) --------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Ki-84 "Frank" (Kou A, Kou B, Kou C, Otsu D) -----------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #5 Ki-100-I (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Otsu E) -------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #1 B-29A AI ---------------------------------------------------------------------> re-uploaded
    #1 Polikarpov I-16 AI -----------------------------------------------------------> re-uploaded

[Umiwashi-no Kaikou] Aircraft Pack -------------------------------------------> missing

RAMI:

as promised, I had prepared the uploads for the remaining Ki-44-II Shoki (A, B and D). Since Finn uploaded them before me, at least attached below the three thumbnails for each model, so that we can offer a view of what's in store for anyone willing to download.

If you wish me to, I can make thumbnails for the missing ones.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YS2Ki44II_D_thumbnail.jpg   YS2Ki44II_B_thumbnail.jpg   YS2Ki44II_A_thumbnail.jpg  

Reply...

Stefano,

Finn sent me a folder with these files in them, I uploaded them on his behalf. I didn't have time to do thumbnails this weekend because I was in a time crunch, but I will gladly do these as well as any others you or others post.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Stefano,

Finn sent me a folder with these files in them, I uploaded them on his behalf. I didn't have time to do thumbnails this weekend because I was in a time crunch, but I will gladly do these as well as any others you or others post.

A" Grace"dans son nid ( AC Unryu)

Stefano,

Roger, wilco!

I'll do all of the ones missing for you, as well.

Is it ok attaching them to this thread (already in 300 x 225 bit format), or do you prefer them sent via e-mail to your address?

Cheers!
    Stef

Reply...

Stefano,

Exactly how you did them yesterday is fine. Just post 'em here. Thanks!
    "Rami"

Stefano,

Exactly how you did them yesterday is fine. Just post 'em here. Thanks!
    ...ye'r welcome and here they are, left to right:

1. Ki-27 Nate (A), 64 Sq.
    2. Ki-27 Nate (B), 59 Sq.
    3. Ki-43-I Hayabusa-Oscar (B), Akeno Flight School
    4. Ki-84 Hayate-Frank (A), 246 Sq.
    5. Ki-84 Hayate-Frank (D), 104 Sq.
    6. N1K1Ja Shiden-George (A), Yatabe Navy Sq.
    7. A7M1 Reppu-Sam (A), prototype no. 2
    8. Polikarpov I-16 Rata AI

They should be all covered now.

Cheers!
    Stef
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YS2K27_A_64Sq_THUMBNAIL.jpg   YS2K27_B_59Sq_THUMBNAIL.jpg   YS2K43I_B_AKENO_thumbnail.jpg   YS2K84_A_246Sq_thumbnail.jpg   YS2K84_D_104Sq_thumbnail.jpg   YS2N1K1J_A_YATABE_Sq_thumbnail.jpg  

YS2A7M1_A_Prototye2_thumbnail.jpg   YS2I16_AI_thumbnail.jpg  

Icon22 Reply...

Stefano,

Outstanding, that does cover them all. Thanks again!
    "Rami"

You can still browse his old site here,

https://web.archive.org/web/20070827....jp/index.html

couple of DLs I tried don't work though. This might have been more useful at the start, lol. Sorry. Been moving house and I am without a computer or my old files.

Jamie.

PS. Not sure about the 'opening of the sea eagles' aircraft pack, see no mention on the site, but lots of it is unreadable to me.

Members who have read this thread: 1