Yashico aircraft preservation thread... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yashico aircraft preservation thread...

Just out of curiosity; did the IJN and IJA aircraft not shine in real world 1930s and '40s?

Yashico's aircraft all have very dull finishes. I wondered if that was by his design to be authentic?
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 High praises for another preservation effort!

Thank you very much DD73, Kdriver and Rami!

Yasuhiko Sasaki's works of art are very well worth preserving.

Cheers!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Blog Entries

DD73, Kdriver and Rami

Thank you so much for the Yashico aicrafts preservation

Beepee

Icon22 Yashico's B-29 AI

Hi DD73, Kdriver and Rami,

in the old Yashico's webpage there was also a very nice, well proportioned B-29 AI model that I have been using with great satisfaction, both in late-war PTO and in Korea, ever since I downloaded it.

In spite of being very well modelled, it is so simple that one can throw 100+ in the air without altering the framerate. I also uploaded in the past two repaints, a PTO:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=57&id=2033

and a KoW:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=57&id=1708

plus prop discs and alternative dp for it.

I don't see it in the CFS2 preservation section, would you like me to upload it, providing I kept the original file?

Cheers!
    KH

Icon22 Reply...

Stefano,

Yes, please!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Stefano,

Yes, please!
    KH,
    I second Rami...
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    KH,
    I second Rami...
    OK, folks!

I have been a little late with my deliveries lately, because I was busy up to my ears with my job and readying my house for the cold season.

I will try to upload it tomorrow, together with Shessi/Alpha's PBY5 prop discs and exh effects.

Cheers!
    KH

Yasuhico Sasaki's, a.k.a. Yashico, Boeing B-29A AI.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Yashico legacy

Description: A very simple, yet accurately modelled, Boeing B-29A to use as an AI aircraft. Its simplicity allows to place large numbers of this model in any CFS2 mission without degrading animation rate significantly.

Uploaded for preservation on behalf of Yashico by kelticheart.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Yasuhico Sasaki's, a.k.a. Yashico, Boeing B-29A AI.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon23 Yashico's B-29A AI re-uploaded!

A good day to everybody!

I just re-uploaded Yashico' B-29A AI model for the Yashico legacy preservation drive, as promised.

The model itself is very good, in line with Yashico's impeccable production, from a distance it looks great in formation with Gnoopy's super-accurate B-29A model. Yet it is so simple, without any type of animation that one can fill the skies with it without impairing animation performance.

Anyway, I must comment on the fact that the original flight model and dp file aren't that accurate. The original airfile engine data makes this aircraft sorely underpowered, while its dp features just one payload with a single bomb in it.

Attached below the airfile I developed using Gnoopy's B-29A airfile as a reference. I also modified the dp file adding historical payloads and Tango Romeo's AI drop in the first position, to make mission developer's life easier.

Yashico used prop disc textures completely invisible. I was able to create very simple prop discs that are a little more visible, adding a touch of realism.
    You can find them in my two historical repaints of this B-29A AI here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=57&id=2033
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=57&id=1708

RAMI:

in order to keep Yashico's B-29A AI upload strictly as I first downloaded it, I chose to keep my mods out of his original pack. Should you decide otherwise, feel free to do it. All files inside are original Yashico work dated 2003. The only thing I am not sure about is its filename. I think I renamed it for my archiving purposes.

Repainters are strongly invited to do a better job than I did dressing this nice B-29AI. I believe it's the best AI model ever designed for CFS2, it deserves several historical liveries and better natural metal textures for our late WWII PTO and Korean conflict.

Enjoy!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yashico_B29A_AI.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

"Rami"

Icon22 Two more of Yashico's birds uploaded for preservation

A good day to everybody!

I noticed another two models created by Yashico were missing from the Yashico Legacy pages. Here they are:

• Nakajima Ki-27C "Nate", independent 84th Sq.
    • Kawasaki Ki-61-II Kai "Tony II", 56th Sq.

I like the Ki-61-II a lot because it's a rare bird, it's the only "bubbletop" Ki-61 model that was ever made for CFS2.

We are still missing several models Yashico made, that I was unable to download before his website went offline. According to the list of passwords he sent me back in 2006, he made:

#4 A5M4 "Claude" (A,B,C,D) --------------------------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 97 Ki-27 "Nate" (A,B,C,D) -------------------------------------------> A and B missing
    #4 N1K1J Shiden (J, Ja Kou, Ja Kou, Jb Otsu) --------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 A7M1 Reppu (prototype and fictional) -------------------------------------> A missing
    #2 A7M2 Reppu (prototype and fictional) -------------------------------------> A and B missing
    #2 B7A2 Ryusei-Kai "Grace" (752 Navy Sq., Yokosuka-Ku) ------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 0 F1M2B "Pete" (Chitose, Kamikawa-Maru, 958 Sq., Yamato) -----> all re-uploaded
    #3 Ki-43-I "Oscar" (Kou, Otsu, Hei) -------------------------------------------> B and C missing
    #5 Ki-44-II "Tojo" (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Hei E) --------------------> A, B and D missing
    #2 Ki-61-II "Tony II" (Rokuichi-Kai, 56 Sq. bubbletop) ----------------------> A missing
    #4 Ki-84 "Frank" (Kou A, Kou B, Kou C, Otsu D) -----------------------------> all missing
    #5 Ki-100-I (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Otsu E) -------------------------> all missing

Finally, something I could not identify that he called: [Umiwashi-no Kaikou] Aircraft Pack -----> missing

The B-29A AI did not require a password.

If any of you out there has one or more of the missing models in your archives, please contribute to Yashico's artwork preservation effort. Do upload them.

Thank you!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki61_IIB.jpg   Ki27C.jpg  

Ki-43 IC uploaded
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

I sent you a P.M. kelticheart with some of what we're missing.

Kelti,
    I have a few of those you listed. I thought they were in the library already.
    Ddog

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    A good day to everybody!

I noticed another two models created by Yashico were missing from the Yashico Legacy pages. Here they are:

• Nakajima Ki-27C "Nate", independent 84th Sq.
    • Kawasaki Ki-61-II Kai "Tony II", 56th Sq.

I like the Ki-61-II a lot because it's a rare bird, it's the only "bubbletop" Ki-61 model that was ever made for CFS2.

We are still missing several models Yashico made, that I was unable to download before his website went offline. According to the list of passwords he sent me back in 2006, he made:

#4 A5M4 "Claude" (A,B,C,D) --------------------------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 97 Ki-27 "Nate" (A,B,C,D) -------------------------------------------> A and B missing
    #4 N1K1J Shiden (J, Ja Kou, Ja Kou, Jb Otsu) --------------------------------> all re-uploaded
    #2 A7M1 Reppu (prototype and fictional) -------------------------------------> A missing
    #2 A7M2 Reppu (prototype and fictional) -------------------------------------> A and B missing
    #2 B7A2 Ryusei-Kai "Grace" (752 Navy Sq., Yokosuka-Ku) ------------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Type 0 F1M2B "Pete" (Chitose, Kamikawa-Maru, 958 Sq., Yamato) -----> all re-uploaded
    #3 Ki-43-I "Oscar" (Kou, Otsu, Hei) -------------------------------------------> B and C missing
    #5 Ki-44-II "Tojo" (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Hei E) --------------------> A, B and D missing
    #2 Ki-61-II "Tony II" (Rokuichi-Kai, 56 Sq. bubbletop) ----------------------> A missing
    #4 Ki-84 "Frank" (Kou A, Kou B, Kou C, Otsu D) -----------------------------> all missing
    #5 Ki-100-I (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Otsu E) -------------------------> all missing

Finally, something I could not identify that he called: [Umiwashi-no Kaikou] Aircraft Pack -----> missing

The B-29A AI did not require a password.

If any of you out there has one or more of the missing models in your archives, please contribute to Yashico's artwork preservation effort. Do upload them.

Thank you!
    KH
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Kelti,
    I have a few of those you listed. I thought they were in the library already.
    Ddog
    Hi DD73,

kwb737 sent me yesterday a bunch of them. I am uploading the Mitsubishi A7M2 (A) Reppu "experimental no.3", the Nakajima Ki-84-I (B) "Kou" 47th Sq. Sakura-Tai and the Nakajima Ki-84-I (C) "Kou" flown by Capt. Mazaki. Below the birds uploaded.

What would you prefer, uploading yours or waiting until I sorted out and uploaded the models sent to me by kwb737?

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YS2A7M2A.jpg   YS2K84B.jpg   YS2K84C.jpg  

Preservation drive update

An update of Yashico's models uploaded for preservation:

#4 Type 97 Ki-27 "Nate" (A,B,C,D) -------------------------------------------> A and B missing (received from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #2 A7M1 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) ---------------------------------> A missing
    #2 A7M2 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) ---------------------------------> B missing
    #2 B7A2 Ryusei-Kai "Grace" (A -752 Navy Sq., B - Yokosuka-Ku) -----------> all re-uploaded
    #3 Ki-43-I "Oscar" (A - Kou, B - Otsu, C - Hei) -------------------------------> B missing
    #5 Ki-44-II "Tojo" (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Hei E) --------------------> A, B and D missing (received from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #2 Ki-61-II "Tony II" (A - Rokuichi-Kai, B - 56 Sq. bubbletop) --------------> A missing (received from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #4 Ki-84 "Frank" (Kou A, Kou B, Kou C, Otsu D) -----------------------------> A and D missing
    #5 Ki-100-I (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Otsu E) -------------------------> (received all from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #1 B-29A AI ---------------------------------------------------------------------> re-uploaded

[Umiwashi-no Kaikou] Aircraft Pack -----> missing

As I wrote above, I am in the process of sorting out what I received from kwb737, that is:

1. restoring each original file and its name;
    2. creating each model thumbnail for the library.

Oh, I almost forgot: THANK YOU CAPTAIN KURT AND KWB737 FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION!!!

Cheers!
    KH

Icon14 Reply...

Stefano,

Thank you so much for taking the lead on this!
    "Rami"

Your very welcome Kelti. I've had these for awhile. I sent a email to Yasuhiko Sasaki yashico@cna.ne.jp in February of 2012 asking him if he could send me the passwords to download his aircraft from his site. Shortly thereafter I received the password list from him and started downloading his aircraft. I put all the aircraft that downloaded away for safe keeping. If I remember correctly the reason I don't have A7M1 Reppu (A) , Ki-43-I "Oscar" (B) , Ki-84 "Frank" (A and D), and the [Umiwashi-no Kaikou] Aircraft Pack is that the passwords Yashico sent me for these particular items did not work for some reason, and as a result I was not able to download them. If anyone else has these particular items that would not download for me that would be great.

I've got the A7M1A and A7M2A , the Ki431B, Ki84B & Ki84D, if it's any help. Must check the passwords for the Ki84's -yep - they all work.

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    I've got the A7M1A and A7M2A , the Ki431B, Ki84B & Ki84D, if it's any help. Must check the passwords for the Ki84's -yep - they all work.
    I've already sent the A7M2A and the Ki84B to Kelti for upload but could sure use the rest SPman. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Hi SPman,

I uploaded the Ki84 B yesterday, together with the C. Send me, or upload it directly, the Ki84 Otsu D.

I uploaded the A7M2 A yesterday. Again send me, or upload the A7M1 A prototype, together with the Ki43-I Otsu B, this is the only one remaining to complete Yashico's Oscar series.

I just replied to your PM including my e-mail address, which hasn't changed in ages.

Thank you for your help. As long as the files in the pack are Yashico's original work, do upload them yourself. The only thing we need to do is taking a screenshot for the necessary thumbnail picture, to help identifying the pack correctly for download.

A SUGGESTION TO EVERYBODY WILLING TO HELP COMPLETE THIS PRESERVATION EFFORT:

please, let's stay in touch in order to avoid uploading duplicates. It happened in the past and it truly makes our good librarian Rami's life difficult.

Remember:

• duplicate uploads confuse newcomers and/or whoever has not the historical memory of some of us SOH vets;
    • they can also confuse experten of this website;
    • duplicate uploads uselessly eat up hard disk storage room on SOH server. Don't forget the yearly fundraising is not that far away, every so often the administrators are forced to upgrade the server HDD's because they are filled up to the brim. Let's be responsible, let's help keeping this recurring cost hit us the least possible times.

Thank you, everybody!
    KH

New uploads for today:

Kawasaki Ki-61-II Kai "Tony II" early model
    Kawasaki Type 5 Ki-100-I Kou, 111st Sq.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YS2Ki61_IIA.jpg   YS2Ki100_A.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Stefano,

Thank you so much for taking the lead on this!
    You're very welcome my friend!

The progress chart:

#4 Type 97 Ki-27 "Nate" (A,B,C,D) -------------------------------------------> C, D re-uploaded (A, B from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #2 A7M1 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) ---------------------------------> B re-uploaded, A missing
    #2 A7M2 Reppu (A prototype and B fictional) ---------------------------------> A re-uploaded, B missing
    #2 B7A2 Ryusei-Kai "Grace" (A -752 Navy Sq., B - Yokosuka-Ku) -----------> all re-uploaded
    #3 Ki-43-I "Oscar" (A - Kou, B - Otsu, C - Hei) -------------------------------> A, C re-uploaded, B missing
    #5 Ki-44-II "Tojo" (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Hei E)--------------------> C, E re-uploaded (A, B, D from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #2 Ki-61-II "Tony II" (A - Rokuichi-Kai, B - 56 Sq. bubbletop) --------------> all re-uploaded
    #4 Ki-84 "Frank" (Kou A, Kou B, Kou C, Otsu D)-----------------------------> B, C re-uploaded, A and D missing
    #5 Ki-100-I (Kou A, Kou B, Otsu C, Otsu D, Otsu E) -------------------------> A re-uploaded (B, C, D, E from kwb737, being sorted out)
    #1 B-29A AI ---------------------------------------------------------------------> re-uploaded

[Umiwashi-no Kaikou] Aircraft Pack -------------------------------------------> missing

Cheers!
    KH

N1K1-Ja SHIDEN "KOU" Yatabe-SQ.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Yashico legacy

Description: Upload of Yashico's N1K1J Geroge, long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

Uploaded by Finn.

NOV 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit N1K1-Ja SHIDEN "KOU" Yatabe-SQ.zip

A7M1 Reppu Prototype No,2.zip

Description: Upload of Yashico's A7M1 Reppu prototype, long since unavailable elsewhere on the web, as part of the CFS2 file preservation project.

Uploaded by Finn.

NOV 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit A7M1 Reppu Prototype No,2.zip

Members who have read this thread: 0