Admins - please could you delete my account - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Admins - please could you delete my account

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Thank you! That was hilarious, but nonetheless on point.

"Here's a cup. Here's a lid. Now, shut the cup up!"
    If you liked that Bill make sure you check out Part 2, it's even funnier!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cl7TY92rd4
    Larry

[QUOTE=Firekitten;985796]Seriously? Are you lot grown men?
    QUOTE]
    See chaps, the female cuts to the chase. This is why I hope Hilary gets elected.
    No? Bring it on.......
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    Hey delta_lima THANKS sent this to my poor children in college who are struggling with identity problems!
    https://youtu.be/vN2WzQzxuoA
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

[QUOTE=Naismith;985861]
    Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Seriously? Are you lot grown men?
    QUOTE]
    See chaps, the female cuts to the chase. This is why I hope Hilary gets elected.
    No? Bring it on.......

According to Douglas James Cottrell, she will be the next president.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Had a similar incident occur in the recent past when a developer who has always turned out excellent freeware aircraft turned out an updated model of an older aircraft. I installed in exact accordance with instructions and the inst. panel was half-inop. We had an exchange of polite emails and the issue was resolved when the developer realized he had sent out an older .cab file that had the same name as a newer .cab file, it was just an older file with the right name that was incompatible with the balance of the release. He felt so bad after he realized his error, which told me a lot about him in that he is proud of his work and wants it to bring enjoyment to people, not frustration. Those of us who utterly and completely lack the skills our developers, panel and texture artists, and .air file writers have in abundance have a great deal to be thankful to them for.

This thread's probably nearing the end of it's usefulness...but while it's open, I want to say...keep your account!

All of the flightsim communities are worth sticking around in just for the help that they provide. I've had an abundance of fantastic assistance with obscure FS issues here at SOH, I have enjoyed collaborating with others, and I have received some amazing repaints (that I use every day) from some talented people here who aren't confident enough to release to the wider community.

SOH also has its fair share of short tempered characters that seem to be strangely tolerated, seemingly because they are a bit more active than others or have certain professional histories. You also have the lapdogs that don't hesitate to jump into any bug-report thread only say how they tolerate all of the bugs and how amazingly awesome addon x is.

The good outweighs the bad though!

FS developers usually work like this (not naming any specific names)...

Developer A thinks they're doing everyone a favor by only charging +$80 since it's a "bargain" as the real deal costs $X to manufacture and fly.
    Developer B thinks they can permit more errors because they're only charging less than X amount, thereby doing the community a favor.
    Sometimes you'll have a Developer C who is middle of the road and just wants to contribute - and is open to further improvements and criticism without being overbearing on price or hesitant to add more detail.

I've had my fair share of successes and failures with reporting bugs to big and small teams. Some devs have been extremely appreciative and responsive even when I point out something that I think could be a bit nitpicky. Others have not hesitated to tell me to "#### off" and tell me that I should be glad that they developed anything in the first place.

So...keep your account, because it takes all types to keep this community going, and you will encounter all types here. AH seemed responsive to the report of additional bugs, and while I think this speaks to a wider issue of incompetent alpha and beta testers across the community who only want early access to an addon, that's a different discussion (that would likely get locked).

So....separate yourself from the community for a bit - I know I have in the past due to some persistently "colorful" characters here and elsewhere, but keep your account, as most of the larger populace is helpful (or at least tries), and the good outweighs the grumps, the entitled users and entitled developers, and the bureaucracy of any forum.

Nicely put Sean

ATB
    DaveB

Well I should have known better than to start a thread at gone 3 in the morning! And to fire it off without a second thought is very unlike me. That's what insomnia does to you.... I should have sent a PM to the admins instead of starting a thread in public, but then I'm partly glad I didn't because it has actually been an interesting and heartening thread to read and as a result of that and the PM's I've received, I'm looking forward to continuing my membership of the best flight sim forum there is.
    Regards
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Glad you made that decision Dave. Looks like this story has a happy ending.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 2