B-17 F paints

Thread: B-17 F paints

B-17 F paints

I've just uploaded 3 paints for the AH B-17F - 2 redo's, "Fire Ball" and "Wabash Cannonball"; and a new paint: "Knock Out Dropper". Those who have downloaded FB & WC (thank you!), please download these new versions that I've corrected some texture issues as well as added some additional details that are described in the image the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parts.jpg  

Here's some new images of Fire Ball and Wabash Cannonball
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CL_B17F_ FireBall_02b.jpg   CL_B17F_Wabash_01b.jpg   CL_B17F_ FireBall_03b.jpg   CL_B17F_Wabash_02b.jpg  

Here are some images of Knock-Out-Dropper. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CL_KNOCKOUT_01.jpg   CL_KNOCKOUT_02.jpg   CL_KNOCKOUT_03.jpg   CL_KNOCKOUT_04.jpg  

excellent work!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very Nice! Off to download them.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Thanks guys, realy appreciate it. I just noticed that the descrip for Knockout is wrong, should be 303rdBG, 359BS - it shows the same as
    Wabash C. at 91st BG. The read me info is correct though, it was late last night when I uploaded!

Great looking repaints Chuck

Holy Cow!

Chuck:

In my next life, I want to be able to paint like you! I'm working on painting now but your the master!

Thanks for these and I hope to be able to create a film using your paints.

Respectfully:

David...
    "Remember, all you have to do is ask."

Many thanks for the updates too Chuck
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

These look great! The work you spent on the cowl texture alone is excellent! All the repaints should have this incorporated. Looking forward to some fly time in these.

Great work Chuck! Those look beautiful.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I spent an enormus amount of time tweaking the psd's (my wife is glad I'm done too, she was developing a widow complex!), but it was worth it. Got a couple of projects and deadlines to deal with for now but hope to do some more about a month from now - will be easy to crank out since I've got all 17 tex maps adjusted to my liking. My dad piloted all "G"s, but he trained on "F"s and there are a number of F's of the 351st BG that have good photos of. If any of you have a fav "F" you'd like done, let me know and I'll see about working some in. Look forward to a video too David, if you have the time. Chuck

Great work on these paints Chuck. I know working on the cowlings was/is a pain to get right. (still not happy with the way mine look
    on the Navy tri-color paints I released) Looking forward to any more you might do.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

thanks for the paints Chuck.

Downloaded and ready to be added to the hangar.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

After I figured out how to make painted wheel discs, like Memphis Belle has, I decided to make another rendition of Knock Out Dropper as she looked when brought back to the states for a war bond tour. The textures are the same as the first paint except the nose and the wheels. Here are some screen shots. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KOD_Tour_01.jpg   KOD_Tour_02.jpg   KOD_Tour_03.jpg   WW2 Tour photos.jpg  

That is looking absolutely Brilliant Chuck, I have been studying a few books here and paints required , you nailed that one

Thanks Ian, I enjoy doing research as much as painting. Butcherbird17, I hope you get to a point where you're satisfied with those cowls!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lawsen View Post
    Here are some images of Knock-Out-Dropper. Enjoy!
    Beautiful work Chuck on all the birds.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lawsen View Post
    Thanks Ian, I enjoy doing research as much as painting. Butcherbird17, I hope you get to a point where you're satisfied with those cowls!
    I must get it install , currently have a friend stopping all the time , one off these fellas doing a bitta 'fly' fishing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR8yDNGUyvw ... B-17s tho , the research is a lotta fun , actually showed Nick the Fort yesterday , but bugger without your paints .......... , simply something pretty about the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress .... as Nick pull's a book from my shelf, brought as a prize I won from school forty years back, strangely they did not want me to buy it with prize moneys ... I told the school they could have their book gift back, I did not want a title sorta like "The hen jumped over the moon with his mate the Rabbit" which is what the school wanted ... those day's in the NZ we had the TV series running "Twelve 'O' Clock High " a Quinn Martin production .. Starring Robert Lansen .. anyway ... more research and keep painting , the fun part! ... least I scored the book .. and the school would be proud I still have it.

Members who have read this thread: 0